State of the mesmer.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

State of the Mesmer : 3-3-2-F1 YOU DEAD. Oh you’re not? gimme 8sec, brb.
It’s hilarious when you spec (high rank or not) people spamming the sword skills whether there are targets or not as soon as the cooldown goes off. It simply says the cooldown for such a godmode combo is too short.
(Not to mention the endless source of illusions thru dodges (ever seen a mesmer w/o it?) … can you ever catch a mesmer w/o illusion?)

Actually it’s more like 4-5-3-3-F3-2-7-F1 with s\p or some variations between stun, bf and utilities…at least 6-7 skills, probably the burst with more skills involved to put out a decent dmg..and one evade-invuln can still screw everything up with pretty much no effort..

You clearly know nothing about mesmer…so why are you posting bs son?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

S/P

4 → 3 → Dodge → 3 → 2 → F1 → 5 → Repeat

That’s actually incredibly easy, Archaon. Don’t try to pretend that Mesmer shatters require skill and thoughtful setup. They don’t.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

S/P

4 -> 3 -> Dodge -> 3 -> 2 -> F1 -> 5 -> Repeat

That’s actually incredibly easy, Archaon. Don’t try to pretend that Mesmer shatters require skill and thoughtful setup. They don’t.

This way you’re going to deal crap dmg and just a single cond removal would let you free to go away from the mesmer…you need stun first of all then at least 2 clones (3 is better) shattered with diversion for vulnerability and another 2 (3 is Way better) for mind wrack and you need utilities too to do so cause even if you have phantasms up they’re not good for mind wrack since they must run from their current position to the target dalaying your burst, you need istant melee clones, and long cd utilities (Mirror images and maybe decoy if you want to waste it for a shatter, and if you have it since if you bring decoy you must drop blink..dropping portal is not an option) are the only way to go…even my grandma can evade a shatter from a duelist or warlock running at you from miles away…be serious…

But sure if we talk about hotjoin mesmers just leaping and sending phantasms and clones from 600 range away (Without even knowing what they have already up atm) while spamming random bf with no stuns, no diversion and stuff…well…no dubt it’s easy to do this way, but noone who’s not totally brain dead would eat a shatter like that…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

So in order to escape it, you have to waste condition removal, and still then waste dodges. Oh hey, sounds like a win to me. Also, that wasn’t even a complicated shatter, just a shatter. No, you do not need instant melee clones. No you do not need utilities. No you do not need vulnerability. IT’S ON A 10 SECOND COOLDOWN. You’re not setting something up that has a 300 second cooldown to make it count. Stop pretending like it takes skill, because it really doesn’t. Backstab → Heartseeker takes more setup than a bloody Mesmer shatter. I know this because I use both Mesmer and Thief.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

So in order to escape it, you have to waste condition removal, and still then waste dodges. Oh hey, sounds like a win to me. Also, that wasn’t even a complicated shatter, just a shatter. No, you do not need instant melee clones. No you do not need utilities. No you do not need vulnerability. IT’S ON A 10 SECOND COOLDOWN. You’re not setting something up that has a 300 second cooldown to make it count. Stop pretending like it takes skill, because it really doesn’t. Backstab -> Heartseeker takes more setup than a bloody Mesmer shatter. I know this because I use both Mesmer and Thief.

You have to waste stunbreak and dodges in order to evade every single burst in this game…just saying…and you’re trying to claim you actually go shatter in tpvp with that combo you posted above? And you kill stuff with that? …btw are you na or eu? I would like to see your shatter in action since if that easy combo is so effective no reason to chain a crapton of keys in order to try killing someone…always wanted some relaxing play…

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

So in order to escape it, you have to waste condition removal, and still then waste dodges. Oh hey, sounds like a win to me. Also, that wasn’t even a complicated shatter, just a shatter. No, you do not need instant melee clones. No you do not need utilities. No you do not need vulnerability. IT’S ON A 10 SECOND COOLDOWN. You’re not setting something up that has a 300 second cooldown to make it count. Stop pretending like it takes skill, because it really doesn’t. Backstab -> Heartseeker takes more setup than a bloody Mesmer shatter. I know this because I use both Mesmer and Thief.

One of the clones should be within attack animation anyway, giving he a free vulnurability cover.
But well, I gave up on the mesmers on this forum. Let them live in their illusionary world were they are balanced but hard to play. It’s not worth the stress. Thankfully, just like you, my first toon was a mesmer. So whenever I feel like I need some relaxing PvP without needing to pay too much attention to anything, I just swap to that one.

You have to waste stunbreak and dodges in order to evade every single burst in this game…just saying…and you’re trying to claim you actually go shatter in tpvp with that combo you posted above? And you kill stuff with that? …btw are you na or eu? I would like to see your shatter in action since if that easy combo is so effective no reason to chain a crapton of keys in order to try killing someone…always wanted some relaxing play…

Well, whenever a mesmer tries to use shatter on me, once he starts Blurred Frenzy I just use… well blurred frenzy or phase retreat. So nope, not everyone has to use a stunbreak and a dodge roll. xD

(edited by Varonth.5830)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

One of the clones should be within attack animation anyway, giving he a free vulnurability cover.
But well, I gave up on the mesmers on this forum. Let them live in their illusionary world were they are balanced but hard to play. It’s not worth the stress. Thankfully, just like you, my first toon was a mesmer. So whenever I feel like I need some relaxing PvP without needing to pay too much attention to anything, I just swap to that one.

Well, whenever a mesmer tries to use shatter on me, once he starts Blurred Frenzy I just use… well blurred frenzy or phase retreat. So nope, not everyone has to use a stunbreak and a dodge roll. xD

Phase retreat is usually more than enough to escape a burst, maybe you would take some dmg but you can get away pretty good (Just need to keep an eye on not getting out of point)…better saving bf to deal some dmg imo (As a close point defender i get many eles and they can heal up to full in no time after a shatter so the more sustained dmg, along with confusion, the better to keep constant pressure on them), almost never using it to just evade dmg if it’s not the last refuge left…if i use my bf just for his invulnerability it means i’m already in big troubles…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: DumaSerap.7236

DumaSerap.7236

I’m so tired of the cry babies complaining about every single class being op. Ele op, thief op, ranger op, engie op, mesmer op, now they will buff the warrior and necro and people will cry that they need to be nerfed again. Seriously Anet please give every single class god kitten pointy sticks from Super Adv Box, no chance to crit and the damage of 100! I bet that will be super exciting…

Rangers roll over mesmers, Necros eat us away with conditions same for Engies. Also considering that we wear light armor and Zerker amulets one mistake means we get downed in few seconds. If every single class was the same how boring that would be, well maybe then don’t make classes at all just one base class and that’s it.

I’m all for bug fixes to all classes and for balance, but due to game mechanics where everyone is building towards max dps that will probably never happen. Someone will always cry about something being wrong. I just hope Anet won’t listen to all those people that cry about everything and just use their own judgement and own observations. Cause if it would depend on all those people posting here every class would be nerfed to the ground except the one they play.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

one mistake means we get downed in few seconds.

You’re mistaking yourself for a necro.

But hey, perhaps you should stop using zerker amulets and run sth more balanced, eh.
Be more of a balanced out ‘atrition’ class instead of a gimmick!
Naaaah, rite.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

This thread initially was more about mesmer bugs, until TheMightyAltroll started to use it for his own personal campaign against mesmers again, just like every other thread. I guess I’ll now create a necro and claim to main it so I can troll in the necro forums about how op they are all day long.
Annoyance level > 9000.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Varonth.5830

This thread initially was more about mesmer bugs, until TheMightyAltroll started to use it for his own personal campaign against mesmers again, just like every other thread. I guess I’ll now create a necro and claim to main it so I can troll in the necro forums about how op they are all day long.
Annoyance level > 9000.

Please do so xD

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

one mistake means we get downed in few seconds.

You’re mistaking yourself for a necro.

But hey, perhaps you should stop using zerker amulets and run sth more balanced, eh.
Be more of a balanced out ‘atrition’ class instead of a gimmick!
Naaaah, rite.

The thing is for us to run something more “balanced” we still are relatively squishy even with a soldiers amulet and our condition removal still sucks… So a soldiers amulet means nothing against say… A necro, Engineer, Trap Ranger, any non-glass condition damage thief….

Mesmers also have a hard time speccing for a “bunker type build” because even if we are unkillable one of our best defensive traits “prismatic understanding” is only good for stealth… and well what decaps a point… Stealth…. Prismatic Understanding is great and all but since the trait relies on stealth to get ur boons then a bunker ranger, ele, engi, MM necro, guard. Will do the job of bunkering better… PU Mesmers may never die but the longer they stay fighting on the point the closer it gets to not being owned by them.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Annoyance level > 9000.

Necromancers don’t have the best burst in the game on a 10 second cooldown, nor do they have invulernability on a 10 second cooldown. If we did, I’d be annoying Necromancers right along with you about nerfing them.

I’m so sorry you don’t want to see your precious class balanced. I’m positive that instead of nerfing Mesmers if Necromancers, Warriors, Thieves, and Elementalists were brought up to your level I’d see endless whining from you about it.

The only two overpowered classes in the game are Ranger, and Mesmer. It is easier to bring them down a few pegs, rather than bring everyone else up 10 notches.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Annoyance level > 9000.

Necromancers don’t have the best burst in the game on a 10 second cooldown, nor do they have invulernability on a 10 second cooldown. If we did, I’d be annoying Necromancers right along with you about nerfing them.

I’m so sorry you don’t want to see your precious class balanced. I’m positive that instead of nerfing Mesmers if Necromancers, Warriors, Thieves, and Elementalists were brought up to your level I’d see endless whining from you about it.

The only two overpowered classes in the game are Ranger, and Mesmer. It is easier to bring them down a few pegs, rather than bring everyone else up 10 notches.

Well its good that no one takes advice from you on those classes that you are “pro” at…. Once again mesmers have gotten nerfed several times either intentionally (blinding befuddlement, all phantasms get increased CDs, stupid LOS that is way off) or unintentionally (GS zerker, Bouncing attack.) We see nerfs every patch with no compensation… Quickness, Warriors, Rangers, Thieves got something in return… It turned TW into the least used Mesmer elite…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Those nerfs were pointless and should be reverted. There is literally only one build the Mesmer has that should be nerfed, and that is Shatter. It’s simply too good, and too demanded.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Those nerfs were pointless and should be reverted. There is literally only one build the Mesmer has that should be nerfed, and that is Shatter. It’s simply too good, and too demanded.

1. It’s our only reliable way to consistently deal with boon heavy bunkers
2. We have no other viable build for tournaments really
3. Any tanky build that mesmers can get a hold of has glaring weaknesses like needing stealth to proc boons or having a simple blind to negate summons….
Right now shatter is the only build that has not been substantially nerfed… So that should show you that ANet is not gonna touch it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Any build any other class makes will generally have glaring weaknesses, i.e. hard counters. Mind Wrack is too good, period.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Any build any other class makes will generally have glaring weaknesses, i.e. hard counters. Mind Wrack is too good, period.

-_- mind wrack sucks… no seriously… without the shatter traits mindwrack would hit for as much as Mesmer auto attack… also genius. like I and several other freaking people have said mindwrack hits hard because it is PRECEEDED BY DIVERSION! Thanks to dazzling that is an easy 20 stacks of vuln… Any Mesmer tries to shatter just straight mindwrack even in a shatter build won’t burst that much. Im sorry you have your information WRONG just flat wrong. Also Mesmer shatter glaring weakness CONDITIONS!!!!! Hard counters HGH engis, Trap rangers, Any necro with a staff… I am sorry you may not have figured out how to use that ground targeting for your marks.. must be tough.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

When I opened this thread I expected the overwhelming majority of replies to be in recognition of just how good a place Mesmers are in, and what a strong class it is in PvP.

How silly of me. Instead, I have found a thread full of gratuitous and pathetic whiners.

Mesmers complaining about nerf after nerf… and yet still remain one of the most powerful classes in PvP. Contrast this with Warriors, who have received buff after buff… and yet are still unarguably the weakest class in PvP.

Absolutely f’king laughable.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

-_- mind wrack sucks… no seriously…

You’re so wrong it’s almost hilarious. No one will ever take you seriously after that sentence. Ever.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

-_- mind wrack sucks… no seriously…

You’re so wrong it’s almost hilarious. No one will ever take you seriously after that sentence. Ever.

Mindwrack by itself is about as good as a Mesmer AA from the GS… W/o Precise wrack/mental torment and dazzling… Mind wrack sucks. It is also mesmers only reliable source of AOE damage. Where as necros can AOE pretty much constantly…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

You literally just disproved everything you’ve ever said by saying that.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

You literally just disproved everything you’ve ever said by saying that.

You just took one part of a quote to try and make a point… you didn’t take the entire quote.. Seriously man this is just supposed to be a thread about how every patch mes gets more and more bugs that go unnoticed and hamper the class… It was never meant to be anymore than that… Why must you insist on posting here when you are clearly trolling.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

So if any Mesmer tries to spec bunker… they are still going to just blow everyone away because mindwrack is that freaking amazing…. right?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mind_Wrack

Dat damage….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I just can’t. That is literally the most wrong statement ever made in history.

I cannot take you seriously after that, sorry. Good luck trying to prove to everyone Mind Wrack is terrible.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

I just can’t. That is literally the most wrong statement ever made in history.

I cannot take you seriously after that, sorry. Good luck trying to prove to everyone Mind Wrack is terrible.

When specced and done in the right rotation… Its amazing…. however despite popular belief the best Mesmer burst does not come from mindwrack alone it comes from a two shatter combo with diversion then mindwrack… any competent Mesmer will tell you that…. you are just all about nerfing mindwrack with out looking at the big picture and what is necessary for mindwrack to be that good…

Once again my kittening point in this thread is the Mesmer bug issues that have yet to be properly addressed. You should be happy however necros are getting a new condition all for themselves (mesmers had to share confusion which kittening sucked).
And warriors get more buffs… You should be happy.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

“Mind wrack sucks” is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Possibly the dumbest thing in human history.

actually jportell has point that mind wrack sucks.

Mind wrack is only strong if the user

traits mental torment
glass cannon
shatter enough clones
use proper sigils

I am using zerker amulet and jewel with runes of divinity and two sigil of force in this screen shot and precise mind wreak

If I only use mind wrack by itself with a 3 clones and individual shatter. I can only take off half of the heavy armor golem. This shatter is under idea scenarios that I hit all my clones

Mesmer burst is only strong because they can chain all their skills together to make it strong.

Attachments:

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

That mind wrack statement basically goes into the pantheon or should we say hall of fame of bad along side things like Jon Peter’s 5 sigent warrior spvp photo, JSharp’s cringe worthy facial expressions when bugs are brought to his attention on SoTG, the thief forums over reaction to anything in the game and now Jportell’s mind wrack sucks statement.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Iruwen.3164

If I see this correctly, a three illusion mind wrack only deals as much damage as a single phantasmal swordsman attack which is on a 3.2s attack rate.
A single blurred frenzy or a backstab for example deals way more damage (and doesn’t die in AE before it actually hits).

/e: so the fact that the tooltip doesn’t take weapon damage into account changes things I guess.

So it doesn’t suck, but it’s far from what you claim it is. It only gets strong because of the corresponding traits. And even then it’s inferior to a traited phantasm, what really makes it shine is the ability to stack and keep up vulnerability quickly from what I see.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m rarely using shatters, just tried this lately. But it seems like people are pretty much making up random numbers or reference the most extreme cases when all stars align to make a point. I wasn’t really impressed with what shatters do and I didn’t like the fact that I lost my defense with shattering constantly, so I switched back to my original phantasm build.

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Tumri.7892

Tumri.7892

Quoted from the wiki page for Mind Wrack:

Tooltip does not take into account weapon damage. Listed tooltip damages are approximately correct for average weapon strength of 604.

Yeah I’m sure most abilities would suck with green level 30 weapons.

When in game the tooltip states that the damage for a 3x Shatter is approximately 1800. When taking into account the 4th self-shatter the damage rises to approximately 2400 tooltip value.

That’s among the highest tooltip damage values in the game with a Backstab being 1900 with a pure glass cannon zerker/5 scholar 1 divinity/25-30-0-0-15 setup.

But wait there’s more! Mind Wrack has a talent that increases it’s CC by 10% so chances are each shatter effect will have an individual 60%+ chance to crit with a regular setup. Because the shatter effect is split into four the chances of the burst failing altogether by having no crits is very low and you will generally have some of the damage crit making the spike consistent.

That’s not all! When executing this burst any decent Mesmer will likely use Blurred Frenzy to execute the entire spike while completely invulnerable and while doing an additional 1000+ tooltip damage.

The total for this amazing 10s CD spike comes out to upwards of 3000 tooltip damage with a high crit chance while 100% invulnerable during the execution and with an immobilize and teleport included with the spike purely from weapon skills. If a mesmer actually chooses to take spike-friendly utilities they can take both Decoy and Mirrored Images and instead use a 4x Diversion spike before a 4x Mind Wrack so that all of this damage is multiplied by 25 stack vulnerability(25% dmg increase not only for the mesmer but EVERYONE on the target). After the spike is over the target is left with between 4 and 12 stacks of Diversion as well and any sort of post-spike recovery is heavily punished.

Arguing that Mesmers must spec a specific way to achieve this incredible burst is a moot point. Every class has to spec a specific way to achieve high damage. Mesmers are one of the most blessed classes when going for a glass cannon setup as their F4, Blurred Frenzy, and amazing selection of utility skills make survival borderline trivial. In the current game toughness means very little compared to invulnerabilities and get out of jail free cards and Mesmers have both in spades. Don’t try to deny this because any Warrior in existence would trade their top their health pool for Blurred Frenzy.

Aerion | www.twitch.tv/tumri | Steam: Tumri756
Idiot Savants[iQ] | Anvil Rock

(edited by Tumri.7892)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

loseridoit.2756

If I see this correctly, a three illusion mind wrack only deals as much damage as a single phantasmal swordsman attack which is on a 3.2s attack rate.
A single blurred frenzy or a backstab for example deals way more damage (and doesn’t die in AE before it actually hits).
So it doesn’t suck, but it’s far from what you claim it is. It only gets strong because of the corresponding traits. And even then it’s inferior to a traited phantasm, what really makes it shine is the ability to stack and keep up vulnerability quickly from what I see.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m rarely using shatters, just tried this lately. But it seems like people are pretty much making up random numbers or reference the most extreme cases when all stars align to make a point. I wasn’t really impressed with what shatters do and I didn’t like the fact that I lost my defense with shattering constantly, so I switched back to my original phantasm build.

Tumri has a very accurate description of a shatter. The thing that makes shatter strong is the ability to chain it with other skills to improve its damage.

A mesmer can chain diversion + mind wrak + blurr frenzy which allows it to down almost any class it hits.

The only downside is that this setup lower the mesmer sustain which is compensated with teleports and lots of active defense to buffer their cd to the next shatter.

@Tumri.7892

For the warrior comment, I think they would rather have better heals and more condition removals.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Iruwen.3164

So for an actual exotic greatsword, it would be 88% higher, making it 925 damage. It can then be further increased by 30% (Illusionary Persona) and 20% (Mental Torment). On top of that, there may be +25% damage from vulnerability from dazzling and illusion of vulnerability, which requires diversion which is on a long cooldown (or rending shatter, but that doesn’t stack ridiculously high).
Just using thief for comparison:
Backstab is 806 +10% (Exposed Weakness) +5% (Dagger Training) +10% (First Strikes) +20% (Executioner) +5% (Flanking Strikes), which obviously is less (and requires some prerequisites, if all can be active at the same time at all).
Is that correct? I agree that the availability of vulnerability is way too high then, and the scaling of illusionary persona may need to be reworked so it’s actually capped at 100% damage instead of adding another 30%. Unless this is balanced by some other disadvantage. The fact that illusions could be destroyed before they hit doesn’t quite balance this I guess, considering the rate at which you can create new ones.

Anyway, if they do this: stay away from PvE.

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Tumri.7892

Tumri.7892

@Tumri.7892

For the warrior comment, I think they would rather have better heals and more condition removals.

I know. I main a warrior myself(though currently I’m not playing it very much). I was simply trying to highlight just how incredible Blurred Frenzy is. It’s good enough that any Warrior would trade their health advantage to a Mesmer for BF and only the dumbest of the dumb would make that imaginary trade.

Aerion | www.twitch.tv/tumri | Steam: Tumri756
Idiot Savants[iQ] | Anvil Rock

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

loseridoit.2756

@Tumri.7892

I know. I main a warrior myself(though currently I’m not playing it very much). I was simply trying to highlight just how incredible Blurred Frenzy is. It’s good enough that any Warrior would trade their health advantage to a Mesmer for BF and only the dumbest of the dumb would make that imaginary trade.

playing warrior in spvp. I actually made a build with actual sustain against direct damage and condition; however, the thing that always kill me is either healing and dps.

Note: i had to sacrifice dps to make this build

sustain is pretty bad on the warrior

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Varonth.5830

@Tumri.7892

That blurred frenzy also makes you invulnurable is just the topping. Always funny to use Blurred Frenzy, Shatter… hitting 2 or even 3 targets with BF and my shatters and see 24 invulnurable flying around because I didn’t get any retaliation damage xD

I mean, seriously, would be kinda insane if mesmers would suffer from retaliation like other classes with multihit AoE abilities, wouldn’t it?

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

It’s hilarious when you spec (high rank or not) people spamming the sword skills whether there are targets or not as soon as the cooldown goes off. It simply says the cooldown for such a godmode combo is too short.
(Not to mention the endless source of illusions thru dodges (ever seen a mesmer w/o it?) … can you ever catch a mesmer w/o illusion?)

Actually it’s more like 4-5-3-3-F3-2-7-F1 with s\p or some variations between stun, bf and utilities…at least 6-7 skills, probably the burst with more skills involved to put out a decent dmg..and one evade-invuln can still screw everything up with pretty much no effort..

You forgot to start with GS#4 and GS#2. Adding fancy stuff around the core combo does not make it more skillful. It’s just spammed over and over you cannot deny that with the experience you’re hoarded that I, mere player, do not have.

I’ve done this enough times to state that you can chain iLeap/Blurred Frenzy/Any shatter successively several times with minimal effort / downtime for maximal pain.

Evade screwing up things? It’s the same for every profession. Except that evading a Mesmer happens to be much more difficult.

And please, take back your “decent damage” : foes fall like moths even when I don’t pay attention to them.

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

You forgot to start with GS#4 and GS#2. Adding fancy stuff around the core combo does not make it more skillful. It’s just spammed over and over you cannot deny that with the experience you’re hoarded that I, mere player, do not have.

I’ve done this enough times to state that you can chain iLeap/Blurred Frenzy/Any shatter successively several times with minimal effort / downtime for maximal pain.

Evade screwing up things? It’s the same for every profession. Except that evading a Mesmer happens to be much more difficult.

And please, take back your “decent damage” : foes fall like moths even when I don’t pay attention to them.

Because the warrior immob/necro immob aren’t more reliable? and warrior stun can’t be done more often? Right…Mesmer shatter is not the strongest burst in the game nor does it need toned down. The only build mesmers have that need addressed is the phantasm build. Which is only bad because of empowered illusions Domination III. This trait is a left over from when clones did like 2-300 damage… It needs removed or reworked into something else because taking that plus phantasmal strength gives phantasms more damage then they should have. Beyond that mesmers need their bugs that get introduced every single patch to be fixed.
Edit: Also GS#2 and GS#4 suck right now.. Gs2 bounces to the clone that it spawns and gs 4 misses almost all of its attacks and when it does land the damage sucks.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

-_- mind wrack sucks… no seriously… without the shatter traits mindwrack would hit for as much as Mesmer auto attack… also genius. like I and several other freaking people have said mindwrack hits hard because it is PRECEEDED BY DIVERSION! Thanks to dazzling that is an easy 20 stacks of vuln… Any Mesmer tries to shatter just straight mindwrack even in a shatter build won’t burst that much. Im sorry you have your information WRONG just flat wrong. Also Mesmer shatter glaring weakness CONDITIONS!!!!! Hard counters HGH engis, Trap rangers, Any necro with a staff… I am sorry you may not have figured out how to use that ground targeting for your marks.. must be tough.

Wonder how this mighty atroll guy really plays mesmer (Since he stated he has one too, invited him to show me his so powerful shatter combo without diversion and utilities and he disappeared…)…tried to explain that daze/stun+vulnerability and coordination make mind wrack effective otherwise it’s just an easily avoidable medium dmg burst…not even close to, let’s say, thief burst..he just kept spamming stuff like…“ble bla…you just only need F1..bla bla, no high cd, no utilities for burst…and so on…” not really worth trying to explain further, he’s not gonna get it…trust me

(edited by Archaon.6245)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

I wanna know who made a decision to have a class with a undodgeable combo that can deal more than 60% of anyones HP while being invulnerable… that’s the state of mesmer.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Wonder how this mighty atroll guy really plays mesmer (Since he stated he has one too, invited him to show me his so powerful shatter combo without diversion and utilities and he disappeared…)…tried to explain that daze/stun+vulnerability and coordination make mind wrack effective otherwise it’s just an easily avoidable medium dmg burst…not even close to, let’s say, thief burst..he just kept spamming stuff like…“ble bla…you just only need F1..bla bla, no high cd, no utilities for burst…and so on…” not really worth trying to explain further, he’s not gonna get it…trust me

You never invited me. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re also obviously a lier. Therefore I care not to pay any attention to you or your false slander. Good day.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

You never invited me. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re also obviously a lier. Therefore I care not to pay any attention to you or your false slander. Good day.

I asked you once (In another qq mesmer op thread) if you are NA or EU and to show me your awesome mind wrack only combo…no answer.

So i ask again.

Are you NA or EU? Can you show me how to do a good shatter combo with no diversion and utilities? Thank you.

All clear this time? Should i send a formal invitation with stamp too? Already have fraps so we can record this easy uber burst you’re talking about for those youtube folks…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I wanna know who made a decision to have a class with a undodgeable combo that can deal more than 60% of anyones HP while being invulnerable… that’s the state of mesmer.

I wanna know who made the decision to have a weapon based 8s teleport for a profession…guess he plays mesmer

State of the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I watched Ostricheggs stream. His team was playing against a team with a good mesmer. Dealt 16k damage in 3sec on 2.5k armor. 5times in the game. This was just wow.