"Steal Bug" Making thief unplayable

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.2654

Sizer.2654

steal bug is not completely fixed, ok it happens less frequent but it STILL EXISTS !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

steal bug is not completely fixed, ok it happens less frequent but it STILL EXISTS !!!!

Still happens every time you try to shadow step twice in a row, or very quickly after another movement animation skill.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

anyone can test this. Infil signet —> steal, right after another quickly. You rubber band back to your original position. Infil signet on cd, steal on 5s cd. not server lag, its universal

Poopy Person : (

in PvP

Steb.2571

anyone can test this. Infil signet —> steal, right after another quickly. You rubber band back to your original position. Infil signet on cd, steal on 5s cd. not server lag, its universal

Yep, it sucks.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They didn’t fix anything….

The bug causes thieves to miss pretty much every backstab and get killed in any kind of CC when they try to break it with shadowstep :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

My backstab infiltrators signet only works 50% of the time now. It teleports 100% of time, but half the time backstab doesn’t land for no reason.

also, I’m getting non-crit back stabs with hidden killer trait. How the kitten is this possbile

in PvP

Cynz.9437

i love how long they ignore this issue considering it makes the class unplayable

i am sure if engi or warrior F1 wasn’t working they would fix it within a day

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

i love how long they ignore this issue considering it makes the class unplayable

warrior has a lot of bugs too also gamebreaking bugs.

in PvP

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

its still there and happens when you chain you’r ports one after another or with movement skills, which is all the time..
also current server instabilities are adding ruberbanding
and salt

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I think its really hard to fix. Plus its not actually important. If you compare it to lets say… new backpacks. By the way, if they revert the steal “fix”, thieves will be so OP again. They will push longbow rangers out of the hotjoin meta.

Just accept that thieves have stealth already. They shouldn’t need steal aswell.

In the time someone can fix this bug, they could’ve mafe a new plush headpiece. Or work on the new leveling system, so new players don’t have to think.

By the way, while steal is buggy. New players will have less problems using it, because its not woth using it anyway. They won’t even notice why it doesn’t hit, and thats great. The less buttons they should worry about.

Should I go on?

/sarcasm

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

My backstab infiltrators signet only works 50% of the time now. It teleports 100% of time, but half the time backstab doesn’t land for no reason.

also, I’m getting non-crit back stabs with hidden killer trait. How the kitten is this possbile

I’m getting this issue as well. Sometimes it doesn’t port you directly to a person, instead like a few feet away from them. There is also the universal Infiltrator signet → steal that just does not work.

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

yeah right facepalm

like we didn’t have Rush & Bulls charge bugged for what now … +2 years

and now after this patch its just unplayable at all, if thieves mad about 1 of 10 bugged steal then what about 9 of 10 bugged rush and bulls charge.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Played and noticed, agreed such a game breaking. cant do some element of surprise using thief nowadays.

( to whom it may concern)
Such disappointment seeing one individual doing some pointers about steal mechanics.
After all this time i thought were playing thief.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

yeah right facepalm

like we didn’t have Rush & Bulls charge bugged for what now … +2 years

and now after this patch its just unplayable at all, if thieves mad about 1 of 10 bugged steal then what about 9 of 10 bugged rush and bulls charge.

bullcharge is skill not core class mechanic (not saying that it shouldn’t get fixed but it is not THAT game breaking)… imagine if you couldn’t use earthshaker or combustive shot

and it is not 1 out of 10 bugged steals, it is 10 out of 10 if you use it in combination with weapon skills

All is Vain~

in PvP

Juba.8406

^^^

what about if i dont play a hambow ?

(edited by Juba.8406)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

^^^

what about if i dont play a hambow ?

was just an example….

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

We’re aware of the issues detailed in this thread and are investigating ways to address them. The most likely culprit is the way latency is interacting with how Steal is scripted.

Thanks for the reports and the video evidence!

in PvP

Juba.8406

We’re aware of the issues detailed in this thread and are investigating ways to address them. The most likely culprit is the way latency is interacting with how Steal is scripted.

please josh, its not just steal.

every movement skill is bugged, GS warrior is unplayable after the patch, check it please.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/WARRIOR-FIX-Bull-charge-Rush-Savage-Leap/first

in PvP

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It isn’t just steal, all movement/teleport skills are behaving oddly (putting you back where you started from is a big bug when it was a valid move. I agree, it seems related to latency on the server. I’ve had steal just fail when the moment I hit it, I was very close. Just because I had used shadowstep to get close should not cause steal to fail. The situation has gotten worse since the 9/9 patch, in that dodging rapid fire fails to evade, seeing ‘evade’ on players that are not dodging (even while they are using a heal and have no ‘evade’ skills active ex: Ele), standing inside Shadow Refuge and suddenly ‘revealed’ without attacking anything, Walking into a shadow refuge and receiving ‘revealed’, showing stealth buff yet everyone can see you, etc. Fix the evades and stealth (no I am not referring to rapid fire being used before you stealth, although I had a veteran archer use rapid fire on me 2 seconds after I stealth…), and I’ll have less complaints for the ranger buff, but 2 dodges and shortbow 3 spam on thief should be extreme overkill on dodging a rapid fire (yet they failed to do so, and the sb3 was a panic action to try and not die), cloak and backstab missing because target isn’t where they appear to be, stomps failing because target isn’t where it appears, unable to revive for same reason, etc…

in PvP

Cynz.9437

i never had such issue pre 9/9 patch though, that’s the thing; it had probably something to do with “immob” fix

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Now people can call thieves broken and actually be right

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Are you guys aware of the necro plague bug? Probably more serious as it can literally decide games in one swoop.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Steb.2571

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but steal doesn’t always prioritize stab anymore with boonrip and SoH. Another bug? Or intentional?

So on the checklist of broken thief stuff,

Teleports (both target, and ground targeted)
Boonrip
Backstabs
Steal
Hidden Killer

My soul bleeds….

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Ah, so I was not the only one finding that thing weird.
Imho they should revert the Stab priority (hidden) change, as it added a lot of depth in the thief playstyle in conquest mode: sometimes, it is better to not use your Steal in a team fight because you want to use it to rip the stability from the guardian when he starts ressing his teammate. It’s a very risky, yet very rewarding, approach. With this change, doing that is pointless and it’s better to just spam steal whenever it’s off cooldown.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Steb.2571

Imho they should revert the Stab priority (hidden) change, as it added a lot of depth in the thief playstyle in conquest mode: sometimes, it is better to not use your Steal in a team fight because you want to use it to rip the stability from the guardian when he starts ressing his teammate. It’s a very risky, yet very rewarding, approach. With this change, doing that is pointless and it’s better to just spam steal whenever it’s off cooldown.

I just wish they made stolen items not suck. The only one I really “Like” getting, is the tree and the skull. Mace, Liquid, Boons, Axe, Ice, tuft, Just don’t really feel “Impactful” on the fight. And when we only have 1 F1 skill, and it relies on landing, then getting a stolen item (which depends on the target) and then you have to use it, I feel it should be a powerful, and impactful skill.

Sadly, “Stealing” has very little to do with actually stealing, and more to do with dumping tons and tons of traits into it, and making it useful by just pressing the button, instead of actively using the stolen item to make an impact.

I used to love the old warrior mace (a 3s stun) or the engi rifle (overcharged shot). I would have loved to see a better iteration of the old staff that you could steal from ele and allow you to do like a meteor shower with it.

But as of right now, stealing is more of a gimmick, and its a free teleport at best when you don’t dump traits into it and a death sentence at worse case scenario if you miss it. It’s easily the worst F1 ability natively, and it’s only “acceptable” if you pour like 30-40 trait points into it, which to me, is unacceptable.

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

I just wish they made stolen items not suck. The only one I really “Like” getting, is the tree and the skull. Mace, Liquid, Boons, Axe, Ice, tuft, Just don’t really feel “Impactful” on the fight. And when we only have 1 F1 skill, and it relies on landing, then getting a stolen item (which depends on the target) and then you have to use it, I feel it should be a powerful, and impactful skill.

Sadly, “Stealing” has very little to do with actually stealing, and more to do with dumping tons and tons of traits into it, and making it useful by just pressing the button, instead of actively using the stolen item to make an impact.

I used to love the old warrior mace (a 3s stun) or the engi rifle (overcharged shot). I would have loved to see a better iteration of the old staff that you could steal from ele and allow you to do like a meteor shower with it.

But as of right now, stealing is more of a gimmick, and its a free teleport at best when you don’t dump traits into it and a death sentence at worse case scenario if you miss it. It’s easily the worst F1 ability natively, and it’s only “acceptable” if you pour like 30-40 trait points into it, which to me, is unacceptable.

You really think a 4s daze is “not impactful”?

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Steb.2571

You really think a 4s daze is “not impactful”?

To the extent it should be? No, I’d rather the old 3s stun, for people who know how to dodge, or teams who know how to peel, 4s daze isn’t impactful enough.

You have to land the steal, and then the follow up strike with no blind or blocks being up, or dodge roll, and assuming you do land it, all they have to do is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqpnCwP8mBE

Because why would I ever want a blockable, 4s daze on a single target, over an aoe 3s unblockable fear?

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I agree that the mace has very limited use (however that really hurts if it is done to you when you don’t expect it), but the axe can actually be useful (and fun to watch a warrior 100b you, still get out of it, use the whirling axe steal, and down said warrior). It has a few more uses than the mace, but primarily I do find myself tossing away most of them. The mesmer steal can be very powerful, provided they aren’t using arcane thievery >.>

The engineer steal I despise, because it can reveal you if anything walks over it before it disappears, and is essentially useless. I don’t mind stealing from another thief, because it’s an extra stealth. By far I do agree the necro steal is probably the most versatile, but even that I often do not keep unless I think I can make use of it in a few mins, because I’d rather have the steal free.

in PvP

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but steal doesn’t always prioritize stab anymore with boonrip and SoH. Another bug? Or intentional?

So on the checklist of broken thief stuff,

Teleports (both target, and ground targeted)
Boonrip
Backstabs
Steal
Hidden Killer

My soul bleeds….

I have not noticed any issues with Hidden Killer, although I have noticed, and reported/complained about, teleports & steal as well as Cloak failing to hit (I even had steal teleport me far behind target… and often it faces me away from the target now), not to mention trying to backstab a player that appears right in front of you only for them to rubberband a bit away (Fairly easily reproduced when target is moving with Basilisk, Cloak, and then try to backstab). As a dev posted, this must all be related to latency and the way the servers deal with it, which have been far worse lately.

As well, the dodging rapid fire only for the shots to continue to hit you… which I got to do it back to a ranger last night with Dagger Storm. He tried to cancel it and dodged, only for the reflected shots to keep hitting him. For once that issue worked in my favor (I’d rather it be fixed though), but honestly, I do not prefer Dagger Storm. However, I am forced to take it to reflect attacks from 1500+ range, often while they sit on walls, by some of the same players that have messaged me and said thief was cowardly…

Note: I am not attacking the ranger class with the above comments, only commenting on the hypocrisy of some.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Do not push the discussion onto other topics. The stolen abilities are all great from a PvP PoV (Even the engi one is cool because you get chaos armor which helps a lot against engis because of blinds and cripple). This thread is for discussing the hidden “nerfs” on Steal (ie: bugs). Anything else should not be discussed here.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Because why would I ever want a blockable, 4s daze on a single target, over an aoe 3s unblockable fear?

Because, if done correctly, you can (at max) have about a 6 second stun chain.

I cry a little inside when thieves just throw away their steal item skill – especially on d/p. The stolen item and how its used makes the build. It is one of THE major ways a thief can assist the team.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

in PvP

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Do not push the discussion onto other topics. The stolen abilities are all great from a PvP PoV (Even the engi one is cool because you get chaos armor which helps a lot against engis because of blinds and cripple). This thread is for discussing the hidden “nerfs” on Steal (ie: bugs). Anything else should not be discussed here.

Except a number of issues like the Dev brought up are related. Latency is affecting many skills, and would be preferred if they all got fixed than each individually ‘bug fixed’ and ‘patched’ and then have to fix again because something else broke, although you do have a point about being on topic, but as said a lot of the exact same issues are being seen. Additionally, this should be under bug forum and not just structured pvp because it is affecting every game mode.

Definitely good a Dev is aware and that they are looking into it. Hopefully it will lead to steal working as expected every time with or without movement/teleport skills used before it.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Please fix the Steal and other teleports of thiefs. This is getting really ridiculous. Getting teleported back with steal and Shadowstep.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I used to be able to chain HS Infsig and Steal secure a kill

Now you cant and that makes Jesus cry

in PvP

Sizer.2654

Steal bug still exists as well as getting hit mid dodgeroll constantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope these major game breaking bugs are addressed before these upcoming tournaments

in PvP

Sizer.2654

getting hit mid dodgeroll is not purely latenzy , its ingame bug as well . jadiojai9wdh9iahwdi9ahdipahwdiphawdip9hawdi9h

hambow warrior earthshaker(f1) , when i dodge this ability with wirlwind my endurance is consumed but i still get hit mid freaking dodgeroll. Tested it and 9/10 times i got hit mid dodgeroll

(edited by Sizer.2654)

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

Hey Sizer,

how do you think this ‘mid dodgeroll’ bug is caused? It never happened to me so far i guess.
And they already fixed some issues from Stealbug. Don’t you think this is sometimes caused by terrian?! In your stream, stealbug often happens to you on Skyhammer. This map is really bad terrianed and you can’t port/steal everywhere you want.

greets,

kayun

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

(edited by Levis.6137)

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

You can see proof of the existence and occurrence of the dodge bug if you watch the 1v1 video in my signature. At around minute 8:30, you will see me (fighting with only pistol) against a DP Asura thief.
My enemy pops Basilisk Venom, then proceeds to teleport to me and uses Black Powder meanwhile. I dodge the bullet that he fires me, however I still get hit (and stunned) by it. Not only that: my endurance is still used in the process, meaning that the game actually “registered” my dodge.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Hey Sizer,

how do you think this ‘mid dodgeroll’ bug is caused? It never happened to me so far i guess.
And they already fixed some issues from Stealbug. Don’t you think this is sometimes caused by terrian?! In your stream, stealbug often happens to you on Skyhammer. This map is really bad terrianed and you can’t port/steal everywhere you want.

greets,

kayun

happend to me multiple times past patch

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Steal still buggy and Shadowstep aswel. Soemtimes it teleports me back or to a random place without pressing shadowreturn..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Sizer.2654

steal works more frequently now , cheers for that but but STEAL BUG STILL EXISTS !!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

getting hit mid dodgeroll is not purely latenzy , its ingame bug as well . jadiojai9wdh9iahwdi9ahdipahwdiphawdip9hawdi9h

hambow warrior earthshaker(f1) , when i dodge this ability with wirlwind my endurance is consumed but i still get hit mid freaking dodgeroll. Tested it and 9/10 times i got hit mid dodgeroll

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now that dodging cancels whirlwind if you dodge while using it you are wasting endurance for no evade. Anet with the pro “fix” once again.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

don’t worry, it’s not only happening for thieves. actually, the earthshaker is broken, hitting quite a few ticks earlier than the actual animation. we tested it on many different occasions on many different servers.

same goes for ele’s burning speed. hits too early most of the times, at other times, the burst doesn’t seem to do anything at all.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

standing next to enemy -> hit HS 3 times (because nothing happend) – > all 3 times it didn’t do anything besides leap animation… no dmg, no numbers, no indication, nothing…only iniative gone…

similar happens to BS sometimes (can be even seen on Caed’s stream)

wth?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i would say those are the server desyncs then. i know of no bug causing HS to miss. then again, i don’t play thief that much

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

ANET pleaseeeeeee fix this already, it is unplayable
i am tired of hitting shadow step and not actually port anywhere
i am tired of hitting steal and not actually getting anything off it nor port anywhere
i am sick and tired of hitting dodge on earthshaker and still eating full CC chain

How many times do we have to die so you finally fix that crap?
Why don’t we just disable all stun breakers and F1 moves on all classes??? Sounds fair, doesn’kitten Why do we have to put up with this crap for sooo long… ?

P.S. d o e s n’t i t is bad word now wth forums?

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

add shadow return bug to the list that won’t activate as long as your character is under effect of immobilize effect (and possibly daze) :s

All is Vain~

in PvP

Cynz.9437

add disabling shot to the list, doesn’t evade anything anymore

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Between this and how the lag cripples some of us it’s becoming a real pain in the rainbow.

in PvP

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

and also fix infiltrator’s signet and steal’s porting back to its previous location after immediately used like in this video