Stealing svanir kills

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

The first and second time I seen this happen I was solo’ing the svanir’s.

I thought ok since I DID the MOST damage it doesn’t matter if they come in and finish him off.

Now when they did get the points I figured it was just a design flaw, reported it as a bug.

I have since stolen quite a few kills (I’ve actually got a video of a tournament where I still two kills in one match and we win it was some of the last few matches I palyed of this format a week or two ago, I’m pretty much done with wvw now too).

However when one team does 99% of the work and the other team does the ending 1% and gets the award for what the other team did that is flawed.

I still do not think this is how anet intended this to be.

It is also a terrible design if it was for a competitive envornment, lets just always sneak the kills and if we get every one of the kills/take credit for the other teams efforts and do decent on the map (capping objectives) we will win 99% of the time.

However this wasn’t really made to be competitive but casual. So if it was intended then I understand it is to keep it more casual then the formats already very casual biased gameplay.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Ninja-ing-forest-creature-kills-on-Forest-of-Niflhel-map/first#post185738

It is intended. And it is good, as it promotes good tactical play (since you want to steal enemy boss and the enemy wants to steal your boss)

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

That is the point: do not blindly dps the mob, but pull him to a location that either blocks enemy players from bursting from afar it last minute, or keep and eye out for enemy players that are incoming, or do something else with the team. It is not a terrible design for comp environment, since it rewards team play and strategy with a more higher risk/higher reward possibility in this map.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

If you consider taking the credit for the enemies contribution to their own team a tactic there is something wrong.

I’m not someone here qq’ing about oh my sylaverin got stolen, oh god.

No I’m saying it’s a garbage design and isn’t even a valid “tactic”.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: manekineko.1864

manekineko.1864

i consider it a good tactic getting ganked and then getting it stolen is the same thing

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: snadge.2483

snadge.2483

It is a valid tactic, save your burst for the correct moment if you have an enemy trying to deny you.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

In Moba games you were always able to steal important mobs by lasthitting. And it’s good this way.
This way you are forced to know the enemy’s position etc. not to get your boss stealed… also you’ve gotta decide between soloing a boss and risking that the boss gets stealed more easy or kill the boss with more players at lower risk… etc.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

OP what would the alternative be then? Should most damage give you the credit? Do you suppose it would be possible to steal the enemy’s boss then, if that were the case? It clearly wouldn’t, because of the distances involved. So then, each team would get their own boss each time. So then both teams would be no better off than the other. So then there would be no point to the bosses because neither team would get an edge for skillful play.

With the “last hit” mechanic, skilled teams have the opportunity to gain significant point and bonus leads vs teams that are unable to coordinate and protect their bosses from incoming enemies.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Perfectly valid tactics.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Normally I don’t single people out but R E F L H E X I will be glad the day you stop posting.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Elevated.9752

Elevated.9752

So why can’t i use the other teams trebuchet???? I agree with OP here, as the last few tournaments I’ve played on this map the team that steals kills simply wins in the end.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Acerac.6428

Acerac.6428

Learn 2 MOBA?

All of us who have understand the mechanic.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Apotheosis.3786

Apotheosis.3786

Honestly it is a terrible tactic. Its abusing the awful idea of throwing npcs in a STRUCTURED PVP zone. This game’s pvp should be combat based. Objectives are fine as long as they promote combat. This doesn’t, and promotes cheese.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

As others have said, this is just like a MOBA. I fully expected this the first time I went into the map, and I’m sure it’s intended.

Stealing svanir kills

in PvP

Posted by: Mage.7839

Mage.7839

I was thinking about this a lot and I would say it has more advantages than disadvantages the way it actually works. You can solo steal a boss from 3 enemy players with good timing and luck. That can be a legit tactic.

The real issue is the Downed State which is the worst PvP idea ever implemented.