Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Stealth is a cheap defensive tool promoting passive gameplay with low risk and no counterplay.
I think this should be fixed and it’s simple to do:
Hitting someone in stealth after the first second they entered it (with aoe fields, cleaving attacks or projectiles ) should reveal them for a short duration
That way the thieves / mesmers would not be allowed to sit comfortably in stealth waiting for cooldowns in the middle of a fight, instead he/she would have to carefully watch for oppenings, what his opponent is doing, when to step in, rewarding good positionning and smart moves.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

No
/15characters

Baer

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I main necro for the record.

/disagree /no

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

invuln’s and auto proc’s are cheap defensive tool’s promoting passive gameplay with no risk and no counterplay.
Delete auto proc’s from the game, and make invulnerable’s strippable. that way warriors, rangers, guardians, necro’s, and engineers (did i miss any?) wont be allowed to sit comfortably on points waiting for cooldowns in the middle of a fight, instead he/she would have to carefully watch for oppenings and dodge correctly, rewarding good positioning and smart moves.

I can kittenpost and act like a complete scrub too.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

No thank you.

However, I would not be against offering classes a way to bring a foe out of stealth similar to an engineers lock on trait and soon to be dragon hunter trap. However not on short cool downs (>30s) and not large amounts (no more than 2 ways) of it or else you would destroy the thief class and stealth completely.

Then maybe we can stop nerfing thieves (and revert some of the nerfs) as there is a way to end them if they get sloppy instead of them popping an instant stealth and teleporting away with shortbow. Same applies to sloppy mesmers.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Stealth is a cheap defensive tool promoting passive gameplay with low risk and no counterplay.

So are blocks invulns and immunities. If you really want to complain about passive gameplay maybe you should talk about warriors.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

So are blocks invulns and immunities. If you really want to complain about passive gameplay maybe you should talk about warriors.

I personally find Guardians worse.
But it’s debatable after patch what has become of Thief class.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Hitting someone in stealth after the first second they entered it (with aoe fields, cleaving attacks or projectiles ) should reveal them for a short duration
That way the thieves / mesmers would not be allowed to sit comfortably in stealth waiting for cooldowns in the middle of a fight, instead he/she would have to carefully watch for oppenings, what his opponent is doing, when to step in, rewarding good positionning and smart moves.

Learn to play instead, please.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

NO,
learn to play instead.

/2012 wants their thread back

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

invuln’s and auto proc’s are cheap defensive tool’s promoting passive gameplay with no risk and no counterplay.
Delete auto proc’s from the game, and make invulnerable’s strippable. that way warriors, rangers, guardians, necro’s, and engineers (did i miss any?) wont be allowed to sit comfortably on points waiting for cooldowns in the middle of a fight, instead he/she would have to carefully watch for oppenings and dodge correctly, rewarding good positioning and smart moves.

Wait Necros got active defense? oh boy i must have missed that one patchnote where we got invuln, sweet! Man i can’t wait to try it out. cyu in pvp, scrubs.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

Wait Necros got active defense? oh boy i must have missed that one patchnote where we got invuln, sweet! Man i can’t wait to try it out. cyu in pvp, scrubs.

my bad, my brain equated those auto fear runes with necro. you do have a second 20k life bar with monster crits and aoe tho :| (also i think you meant passive defense.)

optionselect enganged – the necro thing was partially what made my post a doodoopost

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

haha it’s alright :p

and i meant active defense, as in: invuln traits are copies of actual skills, like signet of stone.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

If getting hit in stealth revealed you then what would be the point of Resilience of Shadows?

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

lol, thanks – saved me the effort.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Stealth, invul, auto proc defense are super strong in 1v1 but essential in a team fight.
W/O these, you will see players die in 3 seconds in all the random spamming.
That’s exactly why necro struggling in PvP. They lack such mechanics to survive focus fire.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

If stealth is your definition of passive, I hate to see what you think of half the traits in this game which actually require no user involvement.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

Just add protection monks, then do away with passive and uninteractive defenses.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Just add protection monks, then do away with passive and uninteractive defenses.

That would be the worst thing ever, the point of this game was to do away with dedicated healers.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

RevanCorana.8942

Nice trolling
Invulnerability is not passive. it’s a very short duration and long cooldown type of skill that prevents burst but you still suffer conditions applied prior. D’you even gw2?

Mesmer has the most invulnerability 3sec every 50sec and they can even attack while invulerable unlike guards, mesmer have 6% invulnerable uptime
“Endure Pain” is not invulnerability it’s subject to conditions.
“Shelter” is not invulnerability some skills interrupt through blocks by necro and ele.

PU Mesmer have around 50% stealth uptime
D/P Thief have 100% stealth uptime.

Easy access to stealth and the long duration brings cooldown grinding strategy, boons harvest for mesmer, initiative and heal for thieves. On top of not being attacked.
This is what passive means

My suggestion would require a few changes to core skills of course like increasing backstab damage.
By making it impossible to be revealed for the first second you can still be quick and go for a backstab during that second but if you want to regenerate/grind cooldown for your venom and what not, you’ll have to take your distance otherweise you’ll get punished by applying 2-3 seconds of revealed which simply makes much more sense from a design and gameplay standpoint.
Stealth shouldn’t be safe now button it should require a little bit more skill than that.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Lets break it down. From day one this much combat stealth was likely the wrong way to go with thief. That being said evades, invuls, and other mechanics are likely as annoying for many players. Additionally there are mechanics that allow you to pull someone out of stealth, prevent it, or bait them into attacking only to be countered. Is stealth cheap? Yes it is low cd, easy access, and dominates new players. Is it op? Imho not really as far a spvp goes.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

Posted by: Nomad.5204

Nomad.5204

If anything I just want some kind of hit marker or damage number to popup when i hit people who are in stealth. At least then I’d know the general location they are in.

It’s the fact there there’s literally zero way to counter stealth other than massive lingering aoes which not every class has access to. The dmg indicator or hit marker shouldn’t appear where the player is so it doesn’t reveal where they are precisely.

I think this would be pretty fair since it doesn’t make the person break stealth, plus think about it you would realize if you bumped into something even if it was invisible.

Also off topic but please nerf ele’s.

Stealth Overhaul Idea(s)

in PvP

RevanCorana.8942

Applying a short duration reveal when a stealthed character gets hit is just the perfect way to fix the gameplay believe me. In counterpart backstab should be more powerful since it requires to sneak in close range but not mesmers.