Remove it.
It’s not fun.
It never was.

Stealth

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Really?

Thieves are pretty balanced now. They need to extend the thief nerfs to WvW.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Stealth

in PvP

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

I didn’t talk about thieves…

Stealth

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

I think stealth can be toned down, but not removed completely. Think of it more like an Elite ability with a long cool down. But a big powerful stealth ability based around stealth wouldn’t be much fun either. It shouldn’t be part of a character’s 1-5 and be usable every 9 seconds for example.

A lot of new players come to try out PVP and leave because they do not like playing against stealth classes. It’s compounded by the large number of pets on screen and mesmer clones. Stealth lets you get away with too much right now.

I don’t think the answer is to tell them to “learn to play” because it’s not a matter of them not being able to or wanting better their PVP skills. It’s simply that they feel stealth is just not fun to play against, even if they learned how to play against it.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Stealth

in PvP

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

I just can’t understand where stealth can bring fun… Someone dissapearing in the middle of a fight… or being attack without any chance of seeing it comming. Doesn’t make a fight fun to play.
I’m a veteran of MMOs. I’ve learned every single counter to all the stealths. I could find 3 rogues with 1 flare in WoW (I even found ~10 rogues once on one single flare) because I knew every single little thing a rogue would do in stealth. I could read their mind and predict every single step they made, running behind this wall? across this hill? toward this pond? I would simply flare them out. Did it make my game fun? No. It was annoying as hell because even then I never knew when a rogue could have been lurking next to me without my knowledge.

They said this game was all about fun. I’ve had a pletora of fun in PvE. But I’m a PvP lover. And I stay away from sPvP because it’s not fun. It’s cheesy, faceroll and cookie-cutter. And to top it off, it got a gattling gun mechanism using vanishes for bullets.

Stealth

in PvP

Posted by: obsolete.4879

obsolete.4879

I’m a veteran of MMOs. I’ve learned every single counter to all the stealths. I could find 3 rogues with 1 flare in WoW (I even found ~10 rogues once on one single flare) because I knew every single little thing a rogue would do in stealth. I could read their mind and predict every single step they made, running behind this wall? across this hill? toward this pond? I would simply flare them out.

You know you are going to get flamed if you continue on with this logic right? Stealth is fine. If you are truly a veteran to MMO’s and PvP, you would find stealth to be a welcomed difference in style.

-You have the heavy armor class that takes a bunch of hits and deals melee hits but gets kited easy.
-You have the ranger sitting back pew pewing with a bow but once you are in his face he melts.
-You have the squishy caster that has all the tools in the tool belt, if you blow on him at the right time he dies.
-You have the invisible dude that will come out to own your face but can’t do anything past initial burst.

I am not a thief but I am a fan of stealth mechanics just as much as teleport mechanics, traps, whirlwind, stuns, mirror images, pets, silences and the whole bag. These are the tools the gods give us to smite upon each other. Use them, learn to counter them. You having “fun” is egocentric. Obviously the thief has fun sneaking up on you. Why can you not find fun melting his face when he thinks he has the upper hand?

Stealth

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

“You have the invisible dude that will come out to own your face but can’t do anything past initial burst.” Lies…

Since backstab is auto attack ability it dont eat up your initiative all you need to do is do your burst for 0 initiative, cloak and dagger or shadow refuge or blinding powder or… and do everything again if the target is not dead. Free kills without cd if you doing right and you can still run away with stealth or shortbow if something going wrong.