Sticking to Unranked and Not Buying Gems

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Your MMR system and the Tank/Stunlock meta has completely wrecked PvP, and has made your already laughable attempt at making this game esports even worse.

1. You gain league ranks by cheesing the system, not skill. The people with diamond and ‘legendary’ badges did nothing but exploit MMR to their advantage.
  2. League play completely discounts solo play, because solo-queuers are thrown into the mix with groups for some completely mysterious and ridiculous reason.
  3. If you don’t play one of the 4 meta classes (with the meta build of course), you are literally holding back your team. When 5 out of 9 of your classes are near useless in league PvP you have a HUGE problem.
  4. Whoever gets to the point first with the most tanks, wins. Watching the last ‘tournament,’ if you want to call it that, is proof of this. If you don’t run a tank, you’re stunlocked into uselessness, even with stability because of the sheer number of stuns being used. Why you turned stability into a stackable, removable with cc, buff one patch just to have everyone spam stuns in the next patch is beyond me.
  5. What’s the worst part of all of this? You’re not going to fix it until the end of January, and if you get that patch wrong, you won’t even try to fix that for another 3 months because you want to stick to only 4 balance patches a year for some crazy reason (this does nothing but stagnate PvP btw…). If something is broken, fix it NOW, not in several months because you want to keep to some weird schedule you came up with for no reason.

You’re forcing us to run tank builds and cheese points for entire matches. Skillful 1v1’s are gone, 5 out of the 9 classes are gone, and any semblance of this ‘esports’ thing that you’re trying so hard to accomplish is ruined. Stop trying to make this game esports… just stop it, you’re ruining your PvP community. Until this is fixed I’m sticking to unranked and not buying gems. If you’re tired of the mess that’s been made like I am then I suggest you do the same.

(edited by No Walking.6349)

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

While I do admit the league system needs a TON of work, points 1-3 are not always valid. I almost solely soloQ’d to diamond on a custom made druid build, for example (only ~2 tiers of ruby and 1 tier of sapphire was obtained via 3-4 man groups)

Honestly… I don’t think the tanking is the problem (except maybe in the case of mesmer (cough yes still cough)), but that the bunkers aren’t 100% bunker, and most dps aren’t 100% dps. there’s just an insane amount of support and CC going around that unless you’re a glassy class, you’re just not going to feel pressure. Just take a look at warrior/thief. their damage is in a good place, but they don’t have much else going for them, so they’re getting left behind in the dust (and no, i’m not saying you CANT run a thief/warrior effectively.)

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

As a solo Q player, I completely agree with you. Losing pips as pugs when you lose a match against premades/guild groups is discouraging. Its impossible to go past the third division as a soloQ’er.

Stabilty also need buffs with the amount of CC’s (Maybe increase all stacks of stability skills by 5?). If you don’t have access to stability, you’re kittened.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I always found unranked to be more enjoyable myself. No 1 complains that a thief is on their team, not everyone runs some boring kitten d bunker build and above all, it’s far more relaxed.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Elyndis.2130

Elyndis.2130

5 out of 9 of your classes are near useless

Well that’s just wrong. Maybe in highly coordinated, highly-skilled play, but for the vast majority of players, there are only a few classes holding you back – warriors, thieves, and non-druid rangers.

Dragonhunters and condi Reapers are still alive and well in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Love how you completely abandoned your personal score thread because you realized you were wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

I always found unranked to be more enjoyable myself. No 1 complains that a thief is on their team, not everyone runs some boring kitten d bunker build and above all, it’s far more relaxed.

Amen, Disgrace.

As for not buying gems OP, welcome to the club. Have a coffee and a danish and get comfortable.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

Agree with OP. :/

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Everyone acts like they’re legendary league level players. Is the match making any good? No, but everyone needs to stop acting like they’re good enough to play against the top tier players. If you are, then put a full 5 man together and go out there and grab the status you crave.

As an fyi, I’ll buy double the gems to cover for the OP not purchasing any.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Everyone acts like they’re legendary league level players. Is the match making any good? No, but everyone needs to stop acting like they’re good enough to play against the top tier players. If you are, then put a full 5 man together and go out there and grab the status you crave.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I need to buy gems anyway coz my characters lost 10lbs and would need to update their wardrobe. Gotta show off their new Slim-Fast/JennyCraig/WeightWatchers body.
I don’t mind spoiling my characters because they’ve been good sports and unlike OP, personal score is meaningless to them.

(edited by Pimsley.3681)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

1. Completely disgree. I’m in diamond and never did any mmr exploit. Sure, my mmr went down a lot during a losing streak, but it wasn’t intentional at all.

2. Yes, there should be soloq.

3. Not true. The only class that isn’t viable is warrior. Lots people moan about thieves, but if you actually get a good thief on your team, it’s a free pip.

4. Again, not true. Had a game against 4 bunker eles, while we only had a druid and ele and still won. More bunkers mean less damage, not always beneficial.

5. Yes, there needs to be more frequent balance matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i agree whit everything the system is kitten warr thief are cancer when i have them in party i lose each time 4 classes are worth the rest is junk there is reasson why they are meta and kittenmit hambow meta was wayy better then this kitten now

in PvP

Posted by: Wandred.4583

Wandred.4583

I completely agree whis TS.
About 4 tank meta classes and fighting against premade…
Yesterday i play against one premade 4 times…
And ofc its lose, all games.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Well not buying gems and playing only unranked is what me and friends do. It is a type of protesting that can make Anet realize so we will go on. Otherwise I do not think they read this forum at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Agree 100%

Never seen this game’s meta in such an awful situation. I’m not just buying gems, I’m done logging into their game.

Maybe I’ll come back in about 6 months when they’ve decided to improve the meta.

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Love how you completely abandoned your personal score thread because you realized you were wrong.

I stopped posting there because there’s over 100 replies and I don’t want to sift through all that, I’m definitely not wrong though. If you have a fraction of the score the rest of your team has you’re playing horribly.

Empty words of course, but check those rose tinted goggles, you’re doing nothing but supporting terrible game balance. I’m sure you’ve QQ’d about players not playing the 4 ‘optimal builds’ all the time. Gross that you can support that, and as you can tell most people here agree with me.

(edited by No Walking.6349)

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I stopped posting there because there’s over 100 replies and I don’t want to sift through all that, I’m definitely not wrong though. If you have a fraction of the score the rest of your team has you’re playing horribly.

You won’t read through all the counter-points and reassure yourself you aren’t wrong? Thank you for sticking to unranked, don’t ever leave it until you educate yourself.

Empty words of course, but check those rose tinted goggles, you’re doing nothing but supporting terrible game balance. I’m sure you’ve QQ’d about players not playing the 4 ‘optimal builds’ all the time. Gross that you can support that, and as you can tell most people here agree with me.

Metas change all the time even in competitive MOBAs. What might be OP now very likely won’t be in the next season. Good players will rise above and progress and the rest fall to the side. I’ll also support Arenanet by buying gems in the hopes their efforts bring about better and better SPvP.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Meta really isn’t that bad as people make it out to be, its been worse.

Most are OPs points are wrong.

These threads keep popping up because people are suddenly realizing they aren’t top tier players they thought they were.