Still ranks 1s matched in rank 40 games

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I seriously doubt someone that never played this game in sPvP or maybe once would be mad about having to hotjoin till atleast level 10 until he can play matches in a ranked environment with others. Why arenanet cannot get this right after knowing about this issue for so long is beyond my imagination.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Honestly, I’m more impressed that there are still rank 1s joining games.
I don’t even know why they’re doing it, but I guess it indicates some degree of increased interest.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

when i first started PvP, a month or two ago, i started off in tPvP right away (this was during 2team tPvP already) and wasn’t as chaotic as hotjoin. was lucky enough to be paired up with a r30, 40+ 3man team we played alright, so kept playing with them and learned a lot the first few matches alone.

so perhaps it is more interest, which i think is good. but ic an see how it can be discouraging for both sides when it becomes a really lopsided match, and in the end, a negative for the sPvP scene of gw2.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Shawnbuell.8407

Shawnbuell.8407

Not being able to play TPVP til level 10 is a pretty good idea. You can do that pretty fast, but would at least give you a basic understanding of the game.

Shawnbuell.8407
@Shawnbuell

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I guess unranked 5on5s that use the hidden elo but don’t change it would be something many people want anyway and also this could be where new players can start (instead of chaotic hotjoins) to get their first 10 ranks and an understanding of 5on5 play.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Honestly, I’m more impressed that there are still rank 1s joining games.
I don’t even know why they’re doing it, but I guess it indicates some degree of increased interest.

It’s called monthly/daily achievement…and no…they really don’t give a kitten 99% of the times, they’re usually pve tryhards just looking for laurels..

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Not being able to play TPVP til level 10 is a pretty good idea. You can do that pretty fast, but would at least give you a basic understanding of the game.

I seriously dubt it since if you have to learn to play tpvp in hotzerg you’re basically trying to learn to play guitar while playing vuvuzelas…first of all they must turn custom hotzerg arenas into something that actually requires a proper brain…

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If you are in top 1000 and still get rank 1s, on your team then matchmaking is seriously broken, if you aren’t in top 1000 (where most rank 1 players are) there really isn’t much you can do to complain, matchmaking has gotten slightly better the higher in the leaderboards you get.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

You have to be careful, the rank 1 could be a rank 200 in WvW which makes him comparable to people on leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

You have to be careful, the rank 1 could be a rank 200 in WvW which makes him comparable to people on leaderboard.

So that makes him REALLY good at zerging?

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Or #foodbuffs #ascendedgear

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Archaon.6245

rank 200 in wvsw is worth nothing in pvp, i would take a r25+ outside leaderboards over any “pro” wvsw trihard anyday…everyone can kill underleveled/geared ppl covered by a zerg, all those uber power commanders with awesome wvsw ratings being facerolled by every single r30+ around, not to mention when they go tpvp, if you are lucky enough to get commanders and wvsw ppl in the other team it’s already a flawless victory…when it comes to sigle player skills wvsw aka pve heroes usually fail really bad…not a big surprise since they are used to a game mode based on level, gear and who has the biggest zerg spamming random boons around…while tpvp is based on personal skills and team tactic only, since everyone is at the same gear/char level..you know you can’t just call your guild into the fight or buy ascended stuff and then kill ppl, in pvp if you’re bad nothing is gonna save your azz, no gear, no zerg…you’re bad? You lose. Back to the mists and l2p.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Really pro @ ganking ppl 30 vs 5 …those awesome wvsw beasts…be careful…rofl…