Still wonder how MMR works....

in PvP

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

…made a F2P account to test stuff and it’s funny how I immediately get matched up with r80’s. Guess all those fixes are doing some great work Anet :^)

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

…made a F2P account to test stuff and it’s funny how I immediately get matched up with r80’s. Guess all those fixes are doing some great work Anet :^)

rank is not indicative of skill.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Acotje.5689

rank is not indicative of skill.

Of course rank means nothing, but that does not mean r1 and r80 should be matched up together, it’s kinda common sense

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I don’t belive you! !!!

Seriously that’s not technically possible. How did you know the other camp was 80?? And where you in a party??

in PvP

Acotje.5689

believe what you want, mate
Fun fact…I actually got better players on my team then on my main account(guess I get the new players on that one). Don’t believe me? Had someone with 600AP in my last game on main account

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

r80- – 4 * 1000 – class chosen = initial mmr
initial mmr -50cuz + QQ tears + necro chill = actual mmr
there ya go m8 idid the math for you just follow this

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Do you personally have a different skill in your F2P account than on your main account?
Do you maybe only use keybinds on one account and not on the other one?

No?

Then you SHOULD end up on the same MMR after a couple of games and play with and against the same players.

Factors like rank & ap have nothing to do with MMR and therefore, can’t be used to prove a faulty system. In fact, it only shows, that the system is using some other kind of metric to find your opponents and not play time.

Does the system have problems? At least, it often enough feels that way, but without access to the data itself, we can’t sadly prove anything.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

believe what you want, mate
Fun fact…I actually got better players on my team then on my main account(guess I get the new players on that one). Don’t believe me? Had someone with 600AP in my last game on main account

Its even funnier to see people with 2kAP complaining in map chat thinking they are pro but in fact usually are the reason your team is losing in the first place

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

You don’t get much AP for only playing PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

With this topic in mind, here is a quote from movie A Few Good Men:

Staff: I’ll answer the question. You want answers?
User: I think I am entitled to.
Staff: You want answers?!
User: I want the truth!
Staff: You can’t handle the truth!

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

according to the majority MMR works by always matching them with bad teammates against a team of MLG pros

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

according to the majority MMR works by always matching them with bad teammates against a team of MLG pros

Haha. The irony of that thinking is that if everyone keeps getting terrible team mates, at some point Every player was the terrible team mate for someone else, strange how you never see a thread with “So today I had 3 matches where I played terribly…..”

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I don’t belive you! !!!

Seriously that’s not technically possible. How did you know the other camp was 80?? And where you in a party??

The dragon finisher gives it away.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Haha. The irony of that thinking is that if everyone keeps getting terrible team mates, at some point Every player was the terrible team mate for someone else, strange how you never see a thread with “So today I had 3 matches where I played terribly…..”

No one wants to make themselves look bad. A lot of people who played terribly don’t even know they did so unless they’re usually better, but then they’d know where they underperformed. For example on my rev I faced a reaper 1v1 on a point. After cutting through a couple of shrouds we were even and it could have gone either way, but it ended in his favor. Both staff and sword/sword have interrupts while Shiro has some good tools for evading. I wasn’t watching animations close enough and while I interrupted with staff 5 and sword 5 at critical moments it wasn’t enough to capture the node. The node belonged to his team so he had the imperative to stay in the circle whereas I the attacker had more mobility too and even tried taking advantage of that. Chill messes with rhythm too much by slowing down cooldowns making autoattack far more important for DPS, but I used other skills likely at inappropriate times.