Stop complaining

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

Everyone is saying everything is OP. Druid is OP plz nerf healing, DH is OP plz nerf traps, Thief is OP plz nerf evades, engi is OP plz nerf stability, Rev is OP plz nerf stunbreaks, mesmer is OP plz nerf condis & moa, etc. The only classes that no one thinks isn’t OP is necro and ele. If everything is OP, nothing is OP.

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

People actually think that elite specs are so OP and need to be nerfed to the level of core specs which I consider an indesirable goal.

EverythingOP

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

l2p issues once again…

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Artoan.4395

Artoan.4395

How the hell is thief OP? if you’re talking about perma evade condi thief I can see that but even that can be countered easily by someone with half a brain

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

People actually think that elite specs are so OP and need to be nerfed to the level of core specs which I consider an indesirable goal.

Actually we have every right to demand it since Anet did promise us (and lied just like about MMR reset) that elite specs will bring variety but won’t be stronger than core. The sole reason why elites are so overtuned is sales, nothing else.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Actually we have every right to demand it since Anet did promise us (and lied just like about MMR reset) that elite specs will bring variety but won’t be stronger than core. The sole reason why elites are so overtuned is sales, nothing else.

They chose the easier way: they didnt make the game good, they just made it look good to those who dont really understand it. The armies of champtrain and worldboss farmers see that there are tournaments but cant make more out of it than my grandma. They know names some famous player or teamnames, whos builds they may copy and thats it. A few days ago I played against a thief with my rev. Killed him 3 times without him dodging, stealthing or anything. But he had 3 legendaries + back. He had a companion, and ghostly infusions and permanent gathering tools and griffon mail carrier, and…

Are you starting to see a pattern here? You can build up a gaming community by making a good game that will engage a lot of good and even better players. Who, after a while attract more and more people to play the game, making the competition tougher. And the two processes strengthen eachother. OR – what Anet seems to have chosen – make a crappy game. 95% of the players wont even notice if its actually crappy or not. And get a bunch of socially awkward wannabe-s with inferiority complex, give them a few bucks for playing and sell the whole thing to the community as e-sports…

enthusiastic noob

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

If they were overtuned then why are most builds half core? Why don’t mesmers run 5 wells or engies 5 gyros? Why don’t I see quintuple rage skill torch warrior? Do you think reapers would be relevant without boon corruption which reaper does not offer? The fact stands that elite specs are stronger then their core counterparts because they can take any skill and trait core offers plus a set uniquely of their own. This one way exclusivety is an inherent advantage that can’t be underestimated. Basically more options-> more choices -> better choices -> power creep. Nerfing this inherent advantage would mean that elite spec skills and traits would actually be undertuned. So I don’t think they did it for the ‘sales’.

EverythingOP

Stop complaining

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If they were overtuned then why are most builds half core? Why don’t mesmers run 5 wells or engies 5 gyros? Why don’t I see quintuple rage skill torch warrior? Do you think reapers would be relevant without boon corruption which reaper does not offer? The fact stands that elite specs are stronger then their core counterparts because they can take any skill and trait core offers plus a set uniquely of their own. This one way exclusivety is an inherent advantage that can’t be underestimated. Basically more options-> more choices -> better choices -> power creep. Nerfing this inherent advantage would mean that elite spec skills and traits would actually be undertuned. So I don’t think they did it for the ‘sales’.

Because specs were also designed for pve.

Also, have you played in s1? Mes actually did run multiple wells back then. Wars and thieves were made to trash tiers to make room for new class – revs. Engis do run multiple gyros. Reaper’s chill anyone?

Yes, they toned downed some things in time… but how long did it take them? Most players who would buy the game because of powercreep did buy it already. Mission accomplished.

They chose the easier way: they didnt make the game good, they just made it look good to those who dont really understand it. The armies of champtrain and worldboss farmers see that there are tournaments but cant make more out of it than my grandma. They know names some famous player or teamnames, whos builds they may copy and thats it. A few days ago I played against a thief with my rev. Killed him 3 times without him dodging, stealthing or anything. But he had 3 legendaries + back. He had a companion, and ghostly infusions and permanent gathering tools and griffon mail carrier, and…

Are you starting to see a pattern here? You can build up a gaming community by making a good game that will engage a lot of good and even better players. Who, after a while attract more and more people to play the game, making the competition tougher. And the two processes strengthen eachother. OR – what Anet seems to have chosen – make a crappy game. 95% of the players wont even notice if its actually crappy or not. And get a bunch of socially awkward wannabe-s with inferiority complex, give them a few bucks for playing and sell the whole thing to the community as e-sports…

Yeah game had amazing potential for pvp, neglected for too long and with HoT it became too casuals friendly and grindy :/

I have multiple legendaries, perma gathering tools and mail carriers and i got legend in all 4 seasons – what are you implying =.=

Actually i am pretty sure Sindrender pve’s way more than some pve’ers considering i saw him doing fractals (on warrior, dat traitor!!!) and he said he raids as well. Legendaries/gem store items don’t mean player is bad in pvp lol

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Stop complaining

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

I have multiple legendaries, perma gathering tools and mail carriers and i got legend in all 4 seasons – what are you implying =.=

That you dont need to be legend and still can get all the others… so you could be God himself playing pvp your words dont weigh more and your wallet is the same as mine or the newbie’s who got his account yesterday. The guy I mentioned above may even worth more to Anet than you because he does not come on the forums to give criticism and make Anet look bad. He’s kept in the illusion that the game is fine. Just like the majority of the population. And the thin layer between the masses and the few beneficiaries are ‘us’ who are actually capable of seeing this game for what it is (a great-great potential wasted away carelessly and for profits) and demanding quality improvements. We are the unwanted journalists who get kicked out from the press conference.

enthusiastic noob

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

That you dont need to be legend and still can get all the others… so you could be God himself playing pvp your words dont weigh more and your wallet is the same as mine or the newbie’s who got his account yesterday. The guy I mentioned above may even worth more to Anet than you because he does not come on the forums to give criticism and make Anet look bad. He’s kept in the illusion that the game is fine. Just like the majority of the population. And the thin layer between the masses and the few beneficiaries are ‘us’ who are actually capable of seeing this game for what it is (a great-great potential wasted away carelessly and for profits) and demanding quality improvements. We are the unwanted journalists who get kicked out from the press conference.

I’d kick you out of my press conference. You’re not making any sense

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Oh wow. Yes you guys are totally unsung heros, the redpillers, the enlightened. Here you are, humble bragging that you beat a thief who has legendaries etc and acting as if he doesn’t deserve them, and complaining on forums is something revolutionary.

I’d say a ‘newbie’ is indeed more valuable to Anet or the community. At least they are still having fun and not patting themselves on the back for playing the game.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Once upon a time I used to complain about things being just brainless, but as I delved further into PVP I realized that it is slightly more effective to get rolled by a class that is easy to play until you learn how to fight it than it is to whine on the forums.

When you whine on the forums the class goes from overpowered to useless, and it’s easier to learn how to beat something that is overpowered than it is to learn how to win with a useless class.

Just food for thought.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Everyone is saying everything is OP. Druid is OP plz nerf healing, DH is OP plz nerf traps, Thief is OP plz nerf evades, engi is OP plz nerf stability, Rev is OP plz nerf stunbreaks, mesmer is OP plz nerf condis & moa, etc. The only classes that no one thinks isn’t OP is necro and ele. If everything is OP, nothing is OP.

Man… that’s because that game is Buy To Play.

They need to do something, to sell that, right? Basic knowledge from all pvp experts right there.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

The elite specs are fine.

They just need to tone down DH, it is not remotely close to balanced at the moment.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Source?

NSPride <3

Stop complaining

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Source?

Check gw2 streams from last year.

All is Vain~

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I’m not complaining about that.

What I’m complaining is that one player whose say “Everyone in the team suck except for me!”. I swear for every gold a player type along that line, I would have enough gold for a precusor by now! Seriously I usually encountet one of those one every few days especially if it’s that one person I had blocked.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Razor.9872

Source?

So, you’re not going to give me a source?

NSPride <3

Stop complaining

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Source?

You want me to go through all the streams from last year to find the one for you? I got better things to do.

All is Vain~

Stop complaining

in PvP

Razor.9872

Source?

You want me to go through all the streams from last year to find the one for you? I got better things to do.

The burden of proof lies on the shoulders of the claimer. Should the claimer be unable to provide said proof, then the claim is baseless.

I have better things to do, too. I was hoping that since you made the statement, that you would provide your sources.

NSPride <3

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Relatively speaking, people really WEREN’T complaining last season about balance.

There were very few threads on OP things. Ele’s needed a slight tone down in group utility, but otherwise it was a season where almost no profession was stacked to the level of this season and the first two fails.

As usual, Anet overthinks things and just when they had the game as balanced as reasonably possible, they go overboard buffing/nerfing. Now you have a totally corrupted season with constant games of 40-50% DHs.

Add in Druids and you get an even more ridiculous season where it’s far easier to get legend with some professions versus others.

The people in denial of the obvious just need to que 10 games and see for themselves.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Source?

Here you go.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The elite specs are fine.

They just need to tone down DH, it is not remotely close to balanced at the moment.

DH is probably the most balanced, since the buffs that made it go from “get out, you’re dragging us down” to “OP” were all to core guardian.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Dakurus Sunfire.9157

Dakurus Sunfire.9157

DH is probably the most balanced, since the buffs that made it go from “get out, you’re dragging us down” to “OP” were all to core guardian.

The problem with their design philosophy regarding elite specs is that any alternations they make to core specs can also make elite specs stronger. So trying to make a regular Guardian as strong as a Dragonhunter just isn’t going to work out.

Right now, Honor is probably the most ridiculous line Guardians have. For a bare minimum investment into healing power, you can gain obscene amounts of sustain without having to sacrifice utility slots. So, you can still use your traps, be ridiculously hard to kill and completely ruin anyone who would dare step anywhere near a point.

And no, I don’t think Wings of Resolve > Shield of Courage > Renewed Focus > Shield of Courage > Wings of Resolve is balanced in the slightest. Might as well prepare myself for a bunch of passive aggressive replies now.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the problem is the holy trinity
when non healer build is around you have to make every class sustainable in unique way

DH have F2 and heal well which give too much sustain. the block is the unique way to sustain not the heal part

DRUID have good skills rotation to sustain and disengage (even some pro thief said they shouldnt run after ranger…) so some few cd adjustment need to be made and maybe pet dmg (buff the old ones and nerf the new ones)

thief hardly use stealth rather dodges now but this is the unique part

engi the same in good spot just the easy might stacking need tune down a bit as it got nice passive trait proc and defense modes so easy sustain while doing good dmg

rev and mesmer in semi good spot – no build diversity at all. rev is power mesmer is condi.

necro – has always suffer from the need to have babysitting on the form of ele which now has gone

ele and necro need more build diversity and necro little bit more self sustain
ele cant play power build as it too squishy so the squishier you are you need better burst fast dmg which can be problematic OP

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

and maybe pet dmg (buff the old ones and nerf the new ones)

The bristleback and smokescale (let’s not mince words here, you’re not complaining about the useless wyverns or the tiger here) already been nerfed repeatedly.

The correct thing to do would be to revamp all the core pets’ skill bars to bring them up to that level, but if people whine this much about the smokescale (literally a bear, that walking joke of a pet family, stat-wise but with about half their vitality), actual DPS pets like cats or birds with functional skill bars would cause us all to drown in tears.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

and maybe pet dmg (buff the old ones and nerf the new ones)

The bristleback and smokescale (let’s not mince words here, you’re not complaining about the useless wyverns or the tiger here) already been nerfed repeatedly.

The correct thing to do would be to revamp all the core pets’ skill bars to bring them up to that level, but if people whine this much about the smokescale (literally a bear, that walking joke of a pet family, stat-wise but with about half their vitality), actual DPS pets like cats or birds with functional skill bars would cause us all to drown in tears.

But can we please have Devourers be viable?

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

The problem with their design philosophy regarding elite specs is that any alternations they make to core specs can also make elite specs stronger. So trying to make a regular Guardian as strong as a Dragonhunter just isn’t going to work out.

Right now, Honor is probably the most ridiculous line Guardians have. For a bare minimum investment into healing power, you can gain obscene amounts of sustain without having to sacrifice utility slots. So, you can still use your traps, be ridiculously hard to kill and completely ruin anyone who would dare step anywhere near a point.

And no, I don’t think Wings of Resolve > Shield of Courage > Renewed Focus > Shield of Courage > Wings of Resolve is balanced in the slightest. Might as well prepare myself for a bunch of passive aggressive replies now.

You are right Guards do have an obscene amount of sustain but by no means are they a top tier class in my opinion. Never really am I in danger of being killed by a guard because I dodge roll through the traps, stay out of their symbols and make sure not to go ham when they have retaliation up. They are by far much harder to kill then they were last season but they needed love badly.

I been saying this from the start if anet decides to nerf guards again I hope they don’t butcher them and instead just look to adjust traps. Have the cd begin on trigger and not when they are put down.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

“And no, I don’t think Headbutt > Berserk > Skullgrinder > Endure pain > Berserker stance (rinse and repeat) is balanced in the slightest. Might as well prepare myself for a bunch of passive aggressive replies now.”

I can do that too
Every class has wombo combos that seems unbalanced, we gotta deal with it whether we like it or not.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s not really a good idea to do wings of resolve after shield of courage at low hp though. While if you trait virtues you can at least put stab on f3, there are a few animation frames during the f2 leap in which the shield points backwards allowing the enemy to get a few shots in before you land. If enough damage is done before you reorient and have low hp before f2 animation finishes, you can get downed. It’s safer to use purification while f3 is up and safer to use f2 earlier in a fight or when focus 5 is up.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Balance is a constantly changing process. There is a lot of crying wolf but there are also legitimate concerns. I’m sure they aren’t making changes based solely on a few complaints. And if prefer that players do give feedback. It’s up to the developers to sort through what is legit and not.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

Oh wow. Yes you guys are totally unsung heros, the redpillers, the enlightened. Here you are, humble bragging that you beat a thief who has legendaries etc and acting as if he doesn’t deserve them, and complaining on forums is something revolutionary.

I’d say a ‘newbie’ is indeed more valuable to Anet or the community. At least they are still having fun and not patting themselves on the back for playing the game.

I’d kick you out of my press conference. You’re not making any sense

Well, you guys didnt really get it. And especially to Pregnantman.8259: you like it or not you are the same as me. Not in regards of complaining, but in regards of seeing whats going on for what it is and not being delusional. You see this game for what it is with both good and bad aspects. What I was trying to say that we are minority (those who come to the forum and discuss stuff). And guys ripping their hair out on the forums why Anet is not listening to the ‘community’ are actually not the community just the minority. And the poor thief bloke in my story represents the guy who cant even see if the game is good or not but will spend the same or even more money on it. And thats what matters in business. So dont try to push this in personal directions. Thats what’s not making sense…

enthusiastic noob

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Every class should be nerferd, on their Auto Atack no more cleaves and high damage.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Stop complaining

in PvP

Razor.9872

Source?

Here you go.

Thank you. Much appreciated. +1

NSPride <3

Stop complaining

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Not sure what game people are playing if they don’t think dh is op