Stop hotjoining into private servers

in PvP

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

What’s the point of private servers (custom maps) if hotjoin puts people into them automatically?

This didn’t happen before the recent patch, please change it back.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

What’s the point of private servers (custom maps) if hotjoin puts people into them automatically?

This didn’t happen before the recent patch, please change it back.

Uh, if it’s “private” put a kittening password on it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

perhaps I should have used the term “custom” servers" instead of private.

the purpose of suggestion is for people like me who sometimes just want to play a quick game for fun, prefer to have default map options like the official servers do and not annoy anybody who makes custom maps with custom rules.

But yes, if they put password on their server and include this in the title I guess this would prevent hotjoin players from coming onto it, but even still, I can’t understand why they changed this in the recent patch or if this was an unintended bug/side affect of the changes made to SPVP.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

It happens when all the official servers are full, and then it will drop players into any custom server that has Progression Enabled. If you don’t want to put a password on, then disable Progression

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

It happens when all the official servers are full, and then it will drop players into any custom server that has Progression Enabled. If you don’t want to put a password on, then disable Progression

So essentially PvP is just too popular.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

A friend just got dropped into a custom no progression server, so it seems something is working wrong.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

And what do you mean “full”? Because of turning hj servers to 5×5 without reducing their full capacity most of official servers are at 10/20 now. So it just inserts you into official server as spectator.
Thats why I stopped using “play now” button. Now you must join server, check if game there close co conclusion, if yes – stay until the end and join as a player next game (if you are fast enough, so no afk for you). Very, very quick jump into pvp.