Stop matching me....

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

… with players from my blocked list.

They are on my blocked list for a very good reason. I dont want to have to teamup with them.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

People would abuse the system by blocking all of the best players.

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Corp Por.1567

Corp Por.1567

Why would you block best players from your own team? I don’t think the OP was opposed to going against people on blocked list, just not teamed…

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

People would abuse the system by blocking all of the best players.

This doesn’t make any sense, who wouldn’t want a pro player on his camp?

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

The problem with this is that some people will just block whoever they consider a bad player, and if that player truly is bad they will have been blocked by so many people they can’t get a game, which just isn’t fair. I personally don’t like the idea of blocking anyone for any reason because it just takes away from conversations you could have with people (people who rage in matches are usually very nice when standing in HotM, I have talked to a few of them after games and they really are), but that is another matter. Additionally, it will also increase queue times for people who have a lot of people on their block list for genuine reasons which also isn’t fair. Also being matched with people on your block list really takes nothing away from your game because you can’t see what they are writing and they are still going to try to help the team to win (who wants to lose?) so I really don’t see an issue with it. I have won games with people who have blocked me on my team. I have no idea why anyone would have blocked me but that is another matter, my point is that being matched with people you have blocked does not decrease your chances of winning or make the game any less fun.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I actually agree that blocked players should not be on your team. They are blocked for a reason. Blocked players CAN appear on the other team though.

If I want to block 1000 people, that is fine. I just better not complain about longer queue times.

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I actually agree that blocked players should not be on your team. They are blocked for a reason.

While I am sure that you block players for a good reason, can I ask why you don’t want to play on a team with them? I understand you may not want to see what they are typing, but you can’t see that from players that you block even when they are on your team (or can you? I wouldn’t know, I have never blocked anyone). In my opinion it is the same as playing with them in an open world meta event such as the ones in Heart of Thorns, you can’t see what they are typing and rightly so but they are still helping accomplish your shared goal which is the same with pvp matches.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Corp Por.1567

Corp Por.1567

I actually agree that blocked players should not be on your team. They are blocked for a reason.

While I am sure that you block players for a good reason, can I ask why you don’t want to play on a team with them? I understand you may not want to see what they are typing, but you can’t see that from players that you block even when they are on your team (or can you? I wouldn’t know, I have never blocked anyone). In my opinion it is the same as playing with them in an open world meta event such as the ones in Heart of Thorns, you can’t see what they are typing and rightly so but they are still helping accomplish your shared goal which is the same with pvp matches.

If you block someone you can’t see what they’re typing…it’s a team pvp game in which communication is pretty important and this game doesn’t have a good ping feature. Drawing small white squiggles on minimap sometimes doesn’t cut it.

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I think there should be a way to have temporary blocks that go away when you log out of after a few days, and those blocks would be the ones that would work to prevent someone from getting in your team.

For example, after you right click and block, instead just ‘accept’ and ‘cancel’ the confirmation message would also have a third button saying “Temporary Block”.

Those blocked temporary will be removed from your list of blocked people after some time or after you log out.

This way, if the one blocked gets good or stops being an pricks, they can get a second chance, but you won’t see them in your team for the remainder of the current session.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Thats actually a really nice idea Mithran.

Stop matching me....

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Eh, this would get abused too easily, and would snowball into other issues, some of which others have touched on.
I could understand fully blocking a player who afk’s, runs around doing nothing, etc.
But plenty of people block others because of rather silly reasons. “Oh, you’re rolling warrior? I’m blocking you”