Stop pairing me with 2 thieves

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Why do I lose pips when I am stuck in a 3v5?

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Ok, we’ll pair you with 3 thieves.

in PvP

style.6173

Yes, and then it will be a 2v5. Same point still applies. Why do I lose pips for a 2v5 in that case?

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

Because we need you to carry us senpai

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Sounds like those 2 thieves lost pips for a 4v5.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Because what you perceive as a 2v5 obviously isn’t shared by everyone else.

in PvP

style.6173

I’d love for ANET to show stats for how often a 3 thief pug team beats a no thief pug team. I guarantee one of us will be right and it isn’t you.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

After patch, thieves will be godlike because everyone else is squishy.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I’d love for ANET to show stats for how often a 3 thief pug team beats a no thief pug team. I guarantee one of us will be right and it isn’t you.

You know what loses matches? Crappy players, no plan. I win just fine with 2 thieves on my team. You have to use the strengths you have and adjust tactics. What a crybaby!! Thieves can add a whole new dimension to your strategy, unless your strategy is clone meta build off the Internet and mindlessly bang away on your favorite skills. Stop the hate loser

in PvP

R O C.6574

When I play as theif, i’m constantly rotating. Capping empty points, jumping into 1v1 fights to burst down oponent, starting off point fights when my team is ahead and holding majority of points.

Winning is more strategy and teamwork than build and profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

After patch, thieves will be godlike because everyone else is squishy.

We’ll see. Thief wasn’t godlike even when everyone ran zerk. They were great, but you still only wanted one, and still relegated to decap/+1. After patch, many classes will run 4 stat ammulets with vitality, toughness, or both. Boons will also still be rampant (unless Necros push out boon meta). I think most people will still have plenty of options vs thieves.

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Ok, sure. Lets include data from the start of GW2, when quickness was 100%, mug can crit, and every game had 4-7 thieves. I guarantee one of us will be right, and it isn’t you.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I had a team with 2 thieves and neither would switch. So I brought my thief. We won!

in PvP

R O C.6574

Ya know. When I played ranger, everyone was hating on ranger. When I play theif, everyone is hating on theif. Now I play rev, does everybody hate rev now? Why do I like to play the profession everyone else hates I wonder?

(edited by R O C.6574)

in PvP

R O C.6574

I had a team with 2 thieves and neither would switch. So I brought my thief. We won!

So you won a 2v5? That’s amazing!!

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I’ve won games with x2 thief, but usually i ask them if one can swap out at beginning.

Still, i’d rather have 2 good thief’s then have them on a profession they’re bad at. Which is something a lot of people can’t get to, usually they get stuck on ‘but thief is bad’.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

If the player is good enough with thief, can turn the odds into the team’s favor in the match.

Also, I’ve watched Helseth and Nos duo stream today where they got matched against 2 good thieves on the other team. The thieves completely shut the 2 down and carried the match

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

This Style guy is perfect example how the pvp community is toxic. I got to legendary division as solo queuer, I mean I couldn’t lose all the matches when I got there right? Ppl still flame me each time when I am on thief before the game even started. Blaming me for their every fail and every death. And when we win, there are no words of appologize, they just say “you got carried”. I stoped counting how many times I was insulted just for being on thief no mater how well i am performing. I learned to ignore those kind of ppl, still they should grow up really.

(edited by Miyu.8137)

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I stoped counting how many times I was insulted just by being on thief no mater how well i am performing.

I got to say this a a REAL problem and a bi-product of meta’s that establish and why having a meta that hangs around to long is bad.

For the longest time people talked up how bad necro’s were in dungeons. Alot of the points were valid but people almost universally always discounted them at their own bereft.

You really need it in context.

At that time, would you take a necro on a speedclear for a dungeon? No ofc not. But for your average PuG group I’d rather have a good necro in full gear than some bad meta profession player.

So getting back to PvP, do high end competative teams carry around x2 thief in their groups when they want to win? No, because its not efficient. Should your average soloq team have x2 thief? Depends. Like I said before I’d rather have 2 good thiefs then 2 bad players, people just need to take a step back.

That’s why threads like this are just ridiculous.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Trinram.3708

Trinram.3708

sure blame the two thieves its players like you i cant play with your probably the first guy to start raging when things arent going your way no matter what comp you get prime example why pvp is so toxic

in PvP

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

In my experience the people currently playing thieves in ranked pvp are usually the hardcores the ones who have spent their time mastering the art of playing thief. Underestimate them and you will find yourself kittened up pretty fast . Meanwhile there are a ton of people running around on so called “meta” builds who suck badly i know which player i would like having on my team more.

in PvP

Posted by: Angina.9314

Angina.9314

Today it will be better. It was Thief daily yesterday, after long time.

in PvP

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

I had 2 thieves earlier on my time. Both played a Pistol Pistol build that lacked solo presence, team fight presence, and they could not even decap effectively due to enemy team having 2 aware revs. xD

That being said, I never mind having one great thief on my team. But having 2 of them in your team results in a loss more often than not. I generally ask to see if either of them can reroll.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I had 2 thieves earlier on my time. Both played a Pistol Pistol build that lacked solo presence, team fight presence, and they could not even decap effectively due to enemy team having 2 aware revs. xD

That being said, I never mind having one great thief on my team. But having 2 of them in your team results in a loss more often than not. I generally ask to see if either of them can reroll.

Even when there is only one thief, more often than not the thief will stick around in a fight as needed while a hard target respawns, intending to then decap far in order to recover when that hard target joins – also known as swapping! But… the hard target with all its tankiness, support and full health decides to go straight to far for the decap, so the fight the thief was assisting in order for it to be kept until that guy respawned, ends up being lost.

If that respawner is pro, he will often complain he is doing the thief’s job, oblivious that his actions not only prevented the thief from doing his job, but that he caused the fight to be lost, not the thief.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

There should be an option to choose which classes can u play before queuing.
If you say only 1 class the game states that you will probably get longer queue times.
If you say 2-3 classes that you are willing to log onto then that would help the team spread out in terms of classes/roles.

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Win while having 2 thieves in team —> Okay, cool.
Lose while having 2 thieves in team → Write about it on forum.

Also:
Player X did something wrong while playing a meta class/build → Nevermind.
Player X did something wrong while playing a thief → Bully them and complain on chat.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Win while having 2 thieves in team —> Okay, cool.
Lose while having 2 thieves in team -> Write about it on forum.

Also:
Player X did something wrong while playing a meta class/build -> Nevermind.
Player X did something wrong while playing a thief -> Bully them and complain on chat.

just gonna leave this here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Multi-thief-teams/first#post5934607

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>