Stop placing Top 10 players against Gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Anet, I understand the population is low, but this is just frustrating, 1800+ duo queue players against ~1500 pugs. I’d rather wait a few more mins in the queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadows.5312

Shadows.5312

Agree, I have the same issue, someone is still in placement, but we need to vs top 10 player.
Is it the system broken today?

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Agree, I have the same issue, someone is still in placement, but we need to vs top 10 player.
Is it the system broken today?

Not just today, been happening for a least a week for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Better they work on raising player participation in pvp seasons to fix this issue kitten bonus rather than focus on this specifically. The ultimate problem this season has is low player participation.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

There is nothing they can really do, i have only played 2 games this season and i stopped logging in.

I ran the usual m/s with greatsword but i spiced it up by running “For Great Justice” instead of the signet. Now i won both matches but i couldnt play anymore. During the 2nd match i was on a point fighting against a mesmer. I was clearly better and because i didnt have the signet i couldnt kill him.

When he had about 33% health left he went into is double shield, F4, Sword 2 and he was maybe 1-2 hits away used a portal and i almost full capped and he came back and was literally able to give me that same combo starting this new fight where i had to run off point since my stances have longer CD.

Im sorry this HOT meta is just not fun, if i want to run something a little different most times it simply wont work.

God forbid someone might want to play axe, rifle or hammer on a warrior. Or a sword on a thief or anything but hammer on engy. Anet has simply said this is the game and i have cut my losses in PvP and i simply log in when a new LS comes out.

I feel many others have done the same so even if you waited LONGER potentially it wont be any better because of team comp, DC, etc and you will have waited longer which will make more people not want to play PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

It’s cute that people that think they would be waiting a few more minutes for a “balanced” match up. Those people at the top would be waiting something like 15 mins for a half decent match, even then there’s a good chance it will be a stomp.

I seem to remember Nos made a forum post about how his queue times were stupidly long because he was the highest rated player in all of NA and if others close to him weren’t playing he didn’t get to play most of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Yep, would be nice if I actually faced people in my own rating for a change.

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

So let’s say 2-3 top-10 players are playing. 3-4 top 10-50 player s are playing, and the next best players are all in gold. May I add…that scenario is extremely reasonable this season, and maybe even a favorable time to play for those gold players, because there are usually less high level players queueing than this.

What do you want it to do? Make them sit forever?

Let’s examine what changed…..the rewards changed. Now less people are playing. Less people playing means either gold players fight top 10 players ( I have myself several times as a gold player this season) or top 10 players are literally unable to play ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

@crunchyraisin.6054: So you are ok with top 10 exploiting the system and farming low ranks at 5 am for easy points (while dodging each other)? In other games people get banned for such things btw.
You are ok with dooming low ranks to constant loses because top 10 don’t want to sit in long queues? Take a guess why pvp community gets smaller and smaller.

Also, your scenario is not reasonable, there is more than just 10 people from top 250 queuing at time but for the sake of shorter queues the system just widens the range to nearly silver level. The worst part, it doesn’t even attempt to spread those top players across 2 teams, instead it just stacks them all on one team and makes them face full low rank team. I have seen it plenty of times. I highly doubt that anyone enjoys such AFK simulator (this is literary what such matches are) in long rung hence why people are leaving pvp.

As far as rewards go, yes, the ascended changes were also the reason why less players pvp but frankly, players in higher divisions would never face pve farmers anyway, so i would argue that reward change actually had any impact there.

I myself may be not top 10 players, but i have been ranked high enough to face 10 top pretty frequently and atm i barely queue anymore for this very reason – the matches are just not fun due to MM and poor class balance. And yes, i have been in 1.5 hour queues (hello legend begin of the season) and i was ok with it as long as i got decent matches. The moment i realized i (too frequently) end up on low ranked team (hello gold teammates) while facing sind/rom/misha and co. (guaranteed loss), i kind of lost any interest in pvp. Why waste my time? Loss is part of pvp but guaranteed losses is not fun for anyone. There is no guarantee for even matches (frankly i haven’t seen even match in ages, we either completely destroy or getting destroyed), every time you queue it is like playing lottery – who gets the low ranks! Make your bets!!! Seeing afk’sers and ragers (i actually had 3 ppl on my team go afk begin of match because i am using RF) that will never get punished is hardly motivating as well.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadows.5312

Shadows.5312

So let’s say 2-3 top-10 players are playing. 3-4 top 10-50 player s are playing, and the next best players are all in gold. May I add…that scenario is extremely reasonable this season, and maybe even a favorable time to play for those gold players, because there are usually less high level players queueing than this.

What do you want it to do? Make them sit forever?

Let’s examine what changed…..the rewards changed. Now less people are playing. Less people playing means either gold players fight top 10 players ( I have myself several times as a gold player this season) or top 10 players are literally unable to play ever.

The main point is in the following:
1. In my experience, most of the top players are duo queue. e.g. 2 plat players play together in same team vs a normal gold team.
2. About the rating loss, you still lose for around 15 rating vs 2 top players, is it a joke?
The rating loss should be less than 10, e.g. around 5.

in PvP

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

Yeah, it’s ridiculous, I just created a topic about a similar issue but i cant see it yet. Maybe it has to be approved 1st if not ill just have to repost. In the attached you will see nos number 2 winner last season and 2 so far this season and “kat x” in the pic is Anony number 3 atm. Thankyou Anet for this awesome matchup vs gold pugs =p

Attachments:

(edited by veslarius.8425)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

In NA gold is top 250. So I don’t see it as that unreasonable. I would like to see the screen shot showing you lot 15 rating for this along with your rank.

The other thing to factor in is people wanted top players to be forced to climb this season. So they could very well be duo with someone that was a top player last season but hasn’t played enough this season to get their rating at the proper level.

(edited by Faux Play.6104)

in PvP

veslarius.8425

lol there’s a huge difference from spot 250 and a duo of spots 2 and 3, don’t kid yourself. I lost 19 I think on that one.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

lol there’s a huge difference from spot 250 and a duo of spots 2 and 3, don’t kid yourself. I lost 19 I think on that one.

That isn’t the match maker’s fault. you need 10 people to make a match. People don’t play 24/7, they aren’t going to all be out of a match at the same time, and I bet at least 1/3 of the top 250 are alts of top 250 players. If you are in the top 250 you are going to be getting matches against top players.

The way the math works, you aren’t going to be losing 19 points unless your rating is higher than the other team’s or you haven’t been playing enough to get your deviation down.

in PvP

Posted by: epic.2476

epic.2476

Yeah! Im gold and I dont want to be beaten by top 10 pro people!

in PvP

veslarius.8425

That isn’t the match maker’s fault. you need 10 people to make a match. People don’t play 24/7, they aren’t going to all be out of a match at the same time, and I bet at least 1/3 of the top 250 are alts of top 250 players. If you are in the top 250 you are going to be getting matches against top players.

The way the math works, you aren’t going to be losing 19 points unless your rating is higher than the other team’s or you haven’t been playing enough to get your deviation down.

Sounds like you are just trying to make Anets matchmakers feel all warm and loved. You are too focused on top 250 instead of the fact that pugs are being forced to fight premades 2 divisions above them. I don’t care how long a queue has to be, keep my teammates and enemies limited to people in my current division.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Sounds like you are just trying to make Anets matchmakers feel all warm and loved. You are too focused on top 250 instead of the fact that pugs are being forced to fight premades 2 divisions above them. I don’t care how long a queue has to be, keep my teammates and enemies limited to people in my current division.

No, but I have done the math to see how the system works. It makes sense. If you are playing teams that are better than you, you don’t take a big hit for losing, and when you win the system gives you a big bump. If you think you are placed low, I would rather be playing people a couple divisions up from me so I can advance faster than be stuck farming people that are placed lower. Also, some other key points:

• Top players need reasonable queue times so people will watch their streams.
  • If you are in the top 250 and are getting farmed by top 10 players, you can easily queue dodge them.
  • You need to make teams of players that are similar in order to get accurate ratings.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

lol I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. You can solo queue against them with random pugs if you like. As far as queue dodging “Nos” was playing set to offline I added his partner though and tried to avoid them after. I don’t know what you consider to be a big hit but 19 was big enough for me. Thing is the fights that were easy 1v1 even 1v2 here and there but they just danced around my useless pugs who seemed to do nothing but feed.

I feel my point still stands however, don’t make people fight out of their division otherwise why even have them.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

lol I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. You can solo queue against them with random pugs if you like. As far as queue dodging “Nos” was playing set to offline I added his partner though and tried to avoid them after. I don’t know what you consider to be a big hit but 19 was big enough for me. Thing is the fights that were easy 1v1 even 1v2 here and there but they just danced around my useless pugs who seemed to do nothing but feed.

I feel my point still stands however, don’t make people fight out of their division otherwise why even have them.

There are only 3 ways I can think of that you are losing 19 points.

• You rating is higher than their teams average even though they had 3 top ten players on their team that are two divisions higher than you.
  • You have a high deviation on your account because you haven’t played many games. In that case you will be getting more than 19 points for wins.
  • You didn’t really lose 19 points.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

It was 19 points why do you feel the need to keep commenting. If I was the lying type I wouldn’t care enough to make up a false number. Here, the record from earlier now go call someone else a liar and please stop trying to be such an annoying “know it all” type that has to have the last word for whatever reason.

Nothing you said takes away from the main point of the post or my comments. Anet, let people fight with and against people in their own divisions please.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i’ll one up you and ask ANET to stop placing plat players w/ silver. ANET need to have limit in how far down MMR looks for a team mate or opponent. it should be only 1 tier down so a plat 1 for example can only be team w/ t3 gold or plat 2.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

Actually longer queue times the higher you go is a natural order for many PVP systems. It’s not fun for such mismatches especially duo vs full public. That’s the price you pay for success—well it should be—being in a small % in a top bracket you need to find players similar, maybe slightly lesser rating to somewhat help with queue times, but not a massive gap were you just stomp the other team.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

As someone who is top 20 all the time and top 10 sometimes, I do notice that I am getting matched against gold players a lot. However, this is not really a problem because I am usually WITH gold (or worse) players too. You may disagree with the way it does it, but the matchmaking this season is making good even games most of the time (even games to me are 500-300 or better, because it is quite clear that either team could have won if 1-2 fights went the other way).

I lose count of the amount of times I get beyond terrible players in my team to make up for the low ranked people on the other team, and me and my duo have to carry pretty hard to win the game. It may be frustrating for a gold player to be put against a duo of players who are MUCH better than them, but matchmaking does make teams pretty even across all 5 players. Population this season is too low to have ratings of all 10 players to be close. I am just happy that I am getting close games and fun matches no matter how the matchmaker does that for me. If you are winning/losing 500-100 all the time then you are just really unlucky.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

As someone who is top 20 all the time and top 10 sometimes, I do notice that I am getting matched against gold players a lot. However, this is not really a problem because I am usually WITH gold (or worse) players too. You may disagree with the way it does it, but the matchmaking this season is making good even games most of the time (even games to me are 500-300 or better, because it is quite clear that either team could have won if 1-2 fights went the other way).

I lose count of the amount of times I get beyond terrible players in my team to make up for the low ranked people on the other team, and me and my duo have to carry pretty hard to win the game. It may be frustrating for a gold player to be put against a duo of players who are MUCH better than them, but matchmaking does make teams pretty even across all 5 players. Population this season is too low to have ratings of all 10 players to be close. I am just happy that I am getting close games and fun matches no matter how the matchmaker does that for me. If you are winning/losing 500-100 all the time then you are just really unlucky.

I would be OK with top players facing against gold provided that also meant I had a top tier player on my team.

Instead what we see is my entire team is Gold, and the enemy has one platinum player with low gold players. That one platinum player and 2v1 or even 3v1 against some of the gold tier people so of course his odds of winning is stacked.

If they put a rank 5 on my team with gold players, versus rank 1 with gold players that is what I call a balanced matchup.

in PvP

Posted by: Crudelis.8640

Crudelis.8640

I really don’t understand this kind of forum thread.
The system is designed for a normal matchup in your division. If no other player is available, or is playing Duo-Q and you are single, then you get matched up with a LOWER tier player. If you really deserve being in a higher tier, then this match should be easy for you.
If you loose, well then you should be in a lower area.

If there are only 10 top tier players, it is literally impossible to let them play against each other all the time. Just think about it before complaining everywhere.

Elona Reach [DE]

in PvP

veslarius.8425

In my match against the duo of rank 2 and 3, when I fought each alone I either won or forced them to retreat. Nos was necro and I tend to put a necro on the ropes fast and Anony was a thief so it’s common for them to run from 1v1s when it starts to get a little hot.
I have been legend every season that I played other than last and last season I was trying to carry but didn’t go so well. So I don’t mind a 1v1 with top ten, my issue is how fast their duo dances around and or kills my pugs leaving me to constantly fight outnumbered battles that just cannot be won.
I’m also slow moving so with a team that is constantly lost, confused, and dead, I have no chance of out rotating.