Stop random noobs

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Sonata.1036

Sonata.1036

Been constantly getting lossstreaks in 3d division only when playing solo/not full party just due to getting players literally dumb or with stupid builds like power necro with zerk amulet or s/p thieves. Me, as cleric ele, and my warrior friend from ruby, are able to hold mid outnumbered or even win it, but suddenly we realise we loss 200/500.
I just ask for a feature that allows us to point out such players and punish them. For example give us ability to “dislike” such people, resulting in that if you get 3 dislikes in 3 out of 4 games in a row you are allowed to decide – lose a while bunch of 5 pips regardless of division protection, or be ring unable to play ranked for 24 hours. The goal is to force people either in lower divisions with their level of skill or stop playing and start figuring how to play, which builds to use , etc.
Way of punishment can be changed obviously, I just tired to point reasons for this. Just due to the fact that 99 % of toxicity in pvp comes thanks to such type of players. It is ranked holy Jesus, progress or sink to the bottom.

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Aha, so you want people that actually try to play builds which require a brain to get punished, when you can spam everything off cd not dodging anything and get carried by the build (with your amazing “level of skill” of course) to get promoted. Check.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

…. Just due to the fact that 99 % of toxicity in pvp comes thanks to such type of players.

….

this was my favorite part. toxicity is thanks to these players.

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

The way of thinking you have actually makes you a noob. What you’re proposing is plain stupid. Plus how do you encourage build diversity if you’re shouting to anyone who has a different build from the meta.

Not going to happen.

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

I will build a shrine for you, almighty pvp-god!
1. What happens if ppl think you are the noob and you get punished? Why do you have problems finding a team if you are so godlike? Get your own pantheon with 4 others and rule the world! So scrubs like me aren’t forced to underperform so extremely.

2. You are hitting the spot: all toxicity is the fault of the noobs! How couldn’t I have seen the light before? Not the ones that flame all day long in chat are creating an toxic environment.

You seem to be an ignorant person, that get “facts” like they did in the 1940s in germany (99% where did you get this; show your research) . With that mindset I would recommend that you should stop playing pvp, since noone will be as good as you and you will be forced to flame every match.

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Sonata.1036

You can obviously check your new builds in unranked and make them work, and if it works in ranked no one will “dislike” actually.
And not getting punished by leaving close to go far and die there one game after another is plain stupid cause your dehavior costs 4 pips for others who perform way better. Gw2 is actually designed so that no one can slack in competitive levels of play.
Say you haven’t lost a single game in solo thanks to stupid shout-signed ranger that died holding mid and tried to push fat while game?

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Sonata.1036

And tea, you can improve your skill, learn how to deal with op classes, provide new strategies, and loose, but that loss is a kind of which you should improve, and that’s good. But you can’t outplay stupid folks

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I just ask for a feature that allows us to point out such players and punish them.

It’s called reduced MMR and pip loss. The problem is however they can drag us down too and to avoid that it’s best to team up or not play too often so they can sink without you.

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

Been constantly getting lossstreaks in 3d division only when playing solo/not full party just due to getting players literally dumb or with stupid builds like power necro with zerk amulet or s/p thieves. Me, as cleric ele, and my warrior friend from ruby, are able to hold mid outnumbered or even win it, but suddenly we realise we loss 200/500.
I just ask for a feature that allows us to point out such players and punish them. For example give us ability to “dislike” such people, resulting in that if you get 3 dislikes in 3 out of 4 games in a row you are allowed to decide – lose a while bunch of 5 pips regardless of division protection, or be ring unable to play ranked for 24 hours. The goal is to force people either in lower divisions with their level of skill or stop playing and start figuring how to play, which builds to use , etc.
Way of punishment can be changed obviously, I just tired to point reasons for this. Just due to the fact that 99 % of toxicity in pvp comes thanks to such type of players. It is ranked holy Jesus, progress or sink to the bottom.

I doubt it could work quite like that but other competitve games basically allow you to report people for being really bad.

Stop random noobs

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I’ll agree that if you want to try a new build should try it in unranked first, then at least you will know more about using it . The idea for dislikes though is terrible, shameful is what it is. If a player blames a loss on another player then they could dislike them regardless, do you really find that fair? Or we might get players who every time they lose a match they dislike their 4 team mates. Or one person picks a player to start blaming a loss on and another player joins in on the team chat. 2 dislikes whether it was their fault or not, got to go 3 games walking on eggshells hoping you don’t get another dislike. That’s why I’m against the players being able to vote against other players, it would be abused.
About the example you gave at the beginning where you lost 200/500. You said you suddenly realised it was 200/500 while holding mid. The top of the screen requires a bit of attention, the score, what points are yours and what ones are the enemies… Whose to say the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of your 3 team mates? You and your friend beat them at mid while outnumbered. Maybe the enemy decided to try for near and far when you were defending mid, maybe occasionally sending a player to get mid if they could, if not they would provide a feint to keep you at mid. Meanwhile it’s 4-5 against 3 fighting for near and far.