Stop the fuzzing about "no war in pvp"

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

Dear players and dear Anet.

I’m playing warrior in pvp which is my main. I am still using the gs/hammer build. This ….

+1
I’ll refuse to go in that braindead meta stuff. Maybe in diamond you can’t do anything else, but still, meta is such “ho they play it, i should do the same”. Brainless people, the few who started the meta are good with it, the followers are mostly bad players.
The only problem atm is beeing a meta AND a bad player you still win and that’s something ANET should solve.

in PvP

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

I’m playin shatter mes myself, and got blamed once couse my “meta teammates” couldnt win 3v1 then 3v2 on a node.

Just stop carin and play the game. Haters gonna hate. If they are so competitive then they would go premade.

in PvP

Posted by: Smoosh.2718

Smoosh.2718

Every time it happens (Well almost every time), the whole ‘Warrior Reroll’ statement.
It is almost like asking someone to stop having fun and do something boring. Simple answer, No I shall not reroll at the whim of someone else.

(Side note: Yes I’m going very slowly through the PvP ranks due to not finding it as fun as before).

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

Well yesterday on ruby my team was completely destroyed by a ranged warrior that could instakill you if you were under 50%.

We couldn’t focus fire and kill him because there were a mesmer that keept protecting him, but this duo totaly wrecked my team on every fight attemp.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m playin shatter mes myself, and got blamed once couse my “meta teammates” couldnt win 3v1 then 3v2 on a node.

Just stop carin and play the game. Haters gonna hate. If they are so competitive then they would go premade.

Exactly! If they care all that much for what others play they would go premade not solo. You loose any right to complain about that kind of thing the moment you add yourself in a soloq.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

(Side note: Yes I’m going very slowly through the PvP ranks due to not finding it as fun as before).

I usually play an average of 1 game per day. Of course some day it’s more but I can go many days without playing at all. There isn’t much fun to have in so much waiting, so little freedom of builds and so much vitriol all around.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Every time it happens (Well almost every time), the whole ‘Warrior Reroll’ statement.
It is almost like asking someone to stop having fun and do something boring. Simple answer, No I shall not reroll at the whim of someone else.

Try and understand. Everyone is in the same frustrating system. When they see your warrior icon that is like 99% chance of a loss. (in their mind, I mean nobody knows maybe the enemy is trash and you still win — maybe their comp doesn’t make it so hard on war for that match etc…)

It’s no secret right now warriors just cannot really hang, even the best players of them.

So you actually are selfish and a bit ignorant to keep playing it. But hey, that is your choice to be selfish, just don’t be surprised when other people are also selfish and care more about their pip then your fun.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

dank.3680

Also unranked/hotjoin is for “fun”.

Ranked is for “competing”.

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

oh dank you are so good grz

in PvP

Kaliny.8265

lol wtf a warrior on team is totaly not a 99% chance of a loss…

Warrior or Thief that knows to rotate points and not overcommit on battles > Player on “metabuild” that thinks he should win just because he copy/paste his build from a pro.

in PvP

dank.3680

oh dank you are so good grz

Yeah ok nice comment. Never claimed to be better then anyone.. I do however refuse to throw games by playing my warrior. It is the only class I skipped doing the 5 win chiev on because it’s just that bad right now.

in PvP

dank.3680

Warrior or Thief that knows to rotate points and not overcommit on battles > Player on “metabuild” that thinks he should win just because he copy/paste his build from a pro.

I didn’t mention thief but ok, thief is not in a terrible spot, not a good one but thief still brings kitten to the table and can be successful.. Warrior eh, yeah you can be successful vs bad players or bad comps.. Nice..

I also didn’t say it was a 99% loss now did I , I said thats how people perceive it. Maybe I should have said that part first to avoid kneejerk reactions from people that don’t fully read a post before they respond to it.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

When you are in that situation where you have to choose between the two, it is because you have low MMR or playing hotjoin/unranked. A good player using a meta build that knows to rotate points and not overcommit on battles has high MMR.

Stop lowering standards for warriors and say they are fine. A good player with a good build > A good player with a weak build.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

didn’t say you are better then anyone, but respect the people who play warrior maybe they are better in it then you were (fyi i don’t play warrior). And i did read your post fully, that’s why i replied in such way.

in PvP

Kaliny.8265

When you are in that situation where you have to choose between the two, it is because you have low MMR or playing hotjoin/unranked. A good player using a meta build that knows to rotate points and not overcommit on battles has high MMR.

Stop lowering standards for warriors and say they are fine. A good player with a good build > A good player with a weak build.

I would certainly love to agree with you but we all know that good players that know how to rotate points and not overcommit on battles are precious gems that make us smile.

And I’m not saying something fine, they are everything but fine, I just saying 99% of loss is BS (because it is).

in PvP

dank.3680

And I’m not saying something fine, they are everything but fine, I just saying 99% of loss is BS (because it is).

Once again, I don’t believe warrior is automatically 99% loss. I just said that’s how people are perceiving it right now.

Personally I never give up no matter what the situation looks like because I know there are all sorts of variables in random q’s such as the enemy team having pve players. Also when I see a Warrior on my team I never say anything negative to them, I just try to help them best I can.

However fact is, when you have decent players on each side, warrior is a drag on the team, period.

in PvP

Kaliny.8265

I didn’t mention thief but ok, thief is not in a terrible spot, not a good one but thief still brings kitten to the table and can be successful.. Warrior eh, yeah you can be successful vs bad players or bad comps.. Nice..

I also didn’t say it was a 99% loss now did I , I said thats how people perceive it. Maybe I should have said that part first to avoid kneejerk reactions from people that don’t fully read a post before they respond to it.

Yes I totaly stop reading when you said a warrior on team is 99% chance of loss. Perhaps you should realy said that part first to avoid -insert judgemental bs here- as you just said.

Anyways on Thief forums there’s a thread about people going AFK because there’s a thief on their team, thats why we are on the same boat.

Beeing a thief this is also why I defend that no one should be dismissed as a chance of loss, because some players are very good with their ‘’not-meta’’ classes, that players often can outperform average players playing meta-builds.

Of course I have no data on this beside my own experience.

in PvP

Kaliny.8265

If the fact is that the class is bad atm I’m 100% in agreement with you.

I just think that everyone that start ranting or playing badly or thinking they will lose because the class is overall weaker is doing wrong.

Because we are not pro-players, so maybe the guy is just very good with thief or warrior so he will be a valuable asset on your team. (perhaps not if you are beeing a jerk to him).

Anyways I think we start badly as a violent agreement. We both believe warrior is bad atm I just don’t agree with people reactions (for the reasons I explained) and I though you were supportive of this kind of reactions.

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

@dank you’r right about perceiving things and also right about better professions and sry about my post, i like your playing attitude for never giving up. But if all people only play the meta builds (professions) it will be boredom through hell.

in PvP

dank.3680

Yeah I’m not so good at explaining myself at first

All I really meant to say was to give people some slack because it’s not really their fault they see having a warrior as a loss. This whole system is super frustrating, it is what it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Its all rather complex isnt it.

I mean everyone who bought HoT has the right to play any class and any elite in any game mode, WvW, PVE, PVP (ranked, unranked). Yes some are weaker than others but the person playing the weaker build/class be it Warrior, Thief or some experimental build on another class is doing it because he wants to.
Yes you can be upset when you lose a pip and “believe” that its the Warrior or thief or whatever’s fault but to tell that person to reroll or to only play unranked (while you are queueing SoloQ ) is basically putting your enjoyment over his. Now thats all fine and all, just remember that he is putting his enjoyment over yours too. So fairs fair dont you think?

Some players dont like playing other classes. Maybe they always played warrior in every MMO they played. Whatever the reason. If im gonna SoloQ Ranked i fully expect to see many different classes in the team roster.

Full Disclosure (I play DH and REV in PvP) i retired my War because i simply dont enjoy it in pvp anymore.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Smoosh.2718

Smoosh.2718

Me personally, I like the warrior plays so I’m not going to reroll my class because someone has a pre-match judgement of the other player before seeing them in action.

As shown here (See attached screenshot), its not selfish for me playing my class which I enjoy to play in ranked matches (as you can clearly see there is a lot more won than lost). If however I wanted to throw matches, then yes that is selfish but I’d never dream of doing that (or playing condition damage in PvP, detest that cancer!).

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Pvp is about fun. It doesnt have to be always META. Stop the fuzz about how bad war is in pvp.

Greetings.
A pvp player.

no..it doesn’t have to be always META…but it kinda does if you want to go trough 6 ranked divisions and a bunch of meta pvp achievements trough at least 2 seasons of pvp league for that shiny legendary backpack/glider

in PvP

Kaliny.8265

You know what would realy shock you guys?

If metabuilds weren`t actualy the best for soloQ… they were only the best if you are on premade teams with communication and pro-level gameplay trainning, like the guys that are running them.

And guess what? the guys who play tournament are on a completely different scene that contest cosistently the 3 points all match long using portals to rotate…

So yeah we do nothing of this and keeping 2 points is one of the best strategy for our level of play most of the time…

Is amazing how meta sheepies can`t see something obvious like that. Meta builds are the best for the tournament and team they are in… generaly not for you (or me).

The best stuff for you to play is something that realy exceels on what you can do as a player…

You have fast fingers and is good on managing all your spells? Try Rev… any rev will do great on your hands…

You are not very good in combat you can make good decisions and position well? Well so try DH or Ranger maybe.

Anything that can realy take advantage of your unique abilities as a player will be better than something that a pro used because that was fitted to him, and his team, not you… not soloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

i already told you like 10times.. just dtich this game or at least warrior if you really want to buff on warrior..

don’t even need to complain. If you keep complain i am sure anet will ruin their games more and more.

Plz learn something from their behaviour.. jeez

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in PvP

Posted by: KraunK.2319

KraunK.2319

It happens to me too.. Bacterias are uselesess and dangerous. I play since beta gw2 mostly pvp, never wanted to form a team. By playing warrior I reached ruby in 4 days. I didn’t upgrade to HoT, needless to say that the difference is abyssal between the two games. People that are arguing only for the warrior have nothing to say. ANET will of course solve this problem, since chicks and turkeys are important. This kind of complaint could have a sense if there would have been raised about old game builds vs new game builds. In terms of support and damage no one of old build characters are not even near to hot build support and capability to make massive aoe damage. Most People have and will have words, unfortunately.

I’m the Italian in Algeri

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I started pretty late in the season, but I’ve had no problem rising up in divisions…Of course, Warriors are currently under powered in this meta, but they aren’t useless. If you’re having trouble winning just b/c of a single class being on your team then I don’t think it’s the warrior’s fault that you’re losing.

why not? warrior brings nothing to the team apart from good damage, average single target CC, and poor survivability.

marauders scrapper is better at its job in every respect, and even has AOE heals, AOE stuns, AOE stealth, and other useful things for team fights.

having a warrior in your team is awful. it uses one of your limited slots, this is not WvW you can’t just add more and more people. you can only have 5 people in the team, and putting one of them on a class as bad as warrior is gimping the team.

warrior brings no value and has to be babysat. awful class.

You know what I hate? Having a team full of no damage dealing bunkers who fail to win the caps and can’t push out the enemy team to gain the foothold back necessary to win.

It’s great having a single zerker berserker who can cut through the cheese and force down the enemy team with a little CC and some heavy burst pressure XD

Of course I don’t trust your average warrior to handle this job -_-u

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I started pretty late in the season, but I’ve had no problem rising up in divisions…Of course, Warriors are currently under powered in this meta, but they aren’t useless. If you’re having trouble winning just b/c of a single class being on your team then I don’t think it’s the warrior’s fault that you’re losing.

why not? warrior brings nothing to the team apart from good damage, average single target CC, and poor survivability.

marauders scrapper is better at its job in every respect, and even has AOE heals, AOE stuns, AOE stealth, and other useful things for team fights.

having a warrior in your team is awful. it uses one of your limited slots, this is not WvW you can’t just add more and more people. you can only have 5 people in the team, and putting one of them on a class as bad as warrior is gimping the team.

warrior brings no value and has to be babysat. awful class.

You know what I hate? Having a team full of no damage dealing bunkers who fail to win the caps and can’t push out the enemy team to gain the foothold back necessary to win.

It’s great having a single zerker berserker who can cut through the cheese and force down the enemy team with a little CC and some heavy burst pressure XD

Of course I don’t trust your average warrior to handle this job -_-u

I’d rather have zerker of any other class than warrior. give me DPS engi, DH, zerk rev, zerk druid, even a good daredevil. all of them have damage, CC, team support, and good personal sustain. warrior still has strong damage and good single target CC, but that’s all. that’s all if offers. why take it over a class that offers more?

I play damage builds on a lot of classes. not playing warrior doesn’t mean bunker. warrior just has awful personal sustain and needs a babysitter. why take it over another dps build?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I like warriors.

It has a pretty high leaning cap. Anyone can play it because the mechanics are simple but being a good warrior means effectively landing your skills. That’s what separates the good from the ordinary.

But currently, it’s hard to survive as a warrior due to the insane amount of CC, protection buffs, resistance. The damage is so-so but survival is in poor critical shape.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

I like warriors.

It has a pretty high leaning cap. Anyone can play it because the mechanics are simple but being a good warrior means effectively landing your skills. That’s what separates the good from the ordinary.

But currently, it’s hard to survive as a warrior due to the insane amount of CC, protection buffs, resistance. The damage is so-so but survival is in poor critical shape.

Pretty sure hard to survive is quite an understatement….