Stop the on-proc burst

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The amount of on-proc (usually on-crit) extra damage in this game is getting to ridiculous levels, especially when used by zerker builds. Most of the time there’s no penalty for failing because the cooldown isn’t activated. Also, there’s no way to predict it.

The list includes, but is not limited to:

• Sigil of Air, Sigil of Fire, Sigil of Blood
  • Halting Strike
  • Glacial Heart
  • Chill of Death
  • Incendiary Powder

Losing half your HP in an instant because of stacked procs does not make for an enjoyable PvP experience.

Edit Fixed grammar and typos

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You don’t lose half you life unless you are also glassy. You what isn’t any fun? The old meta of 15 bunkers per team and no damage or risk anywhere.

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Are you saying anything that isn’t wearing Soldier or Cele are glassy?

All is vain.

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Its the game…its created for the not so smart players. Really simplistic gameplay combining 3-6 effects in one.

Maybe next expansion well see classes with 2-3 buttons max. Its what Anet focusses on.

This isnt a quality / deep MMO. Face it

And even if they wanted too create a good MMO…they cant. They lack talent.

In fact i challenge anet to create a quality esport scene. I would dare to bet my 600k house on it that they cant.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The amount of on-proc (usually on-crit) extra damage in this game is getting to ridiculously levels, especially when used by zerker builds. Most of the time there’s no penalty for failing because the cooldown isn’t activated. Also, there’s no way to predict it.

• Halting Strike
  • Glacial Heart
  • Chill of Death
  • Incendiary Powder

Losing half your HP in an instant because of stacked procs does not for an enjoyable PvP experience.

How is halting strike bad? It requires the mesmer to actually proc an interrupt. Not random if it’s a good mesmer.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Are you saying anything that isn’t wearing Soldier or Cele are glassy?

Depending on class/traits rabid can take the hits and still remain above 50% hp as well. Very few people are using rabid atm though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Maybe just remove the synergy between on price and % damage scaling skills since it allows huge damage. Think the biggest air and fire procs I have seen in PvP so far is around 2.3k+ air and 1.8k+ fire.

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

How is halting strike bad? It requires the mesmer to actually proc an interrupt. Not random if it’s a good mesmer.

About everything in this game is an interrupt as the only way to not get interrupted is by not doing anything and the damage is ridiculous for how easy it is to hit an interrupt in this game. I recently saw GS5 + sigil procs+halting strike deal 7+k damage on a low armor target (around 2k if I remember correctly), that is between ~50% and ~30% health damage and a hard cc on a 0.5 second cast. I don’t see how that is good design.
If you want glacial heart, chill of death and incendiary powder to be nerfed, then halting strike needs to be nerfed, too.
They should just remove sigils from pvp though, it would make the game a lot more balanced.

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

and then we have sigils on swap that are just as broken if not more considering they don’t require any investments in trait lines to reach certain amoutn of crit%

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They should just remove sigils from pvp though, it would make the game a lot more balanced.

As a necro I would prefer to keep my energy sigils.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

As a necro I would prefer to keep my energy sigils.

Funny enough that necromancers take an inferior sigil to make up for their lacking class design. The only class that should use energy is mesmer and that is only because of the synergy with their class mechanic/trait and even they use only one because fire is superior on gs.
I am pretty confident that in most cases the additional dodge prevents less damage than fire/air/geomancy/intelligence/battle add.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Stop the on-proc burst

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The amount of on-proc (usually on-crit) extra damage in this game is getting to ridiculously levels, especially when used by zerker builds. Most of the time there’s no penalty for failing because the cooldown isn’t activated. Also, there’s no way to predict it.

• Halting Strike
  • Glacial Heart
  • Chill of Death
  • Incendiary Powder

Losing half your HP in an instant because of stacked procs does not for an enjoyable PvP experience.

Halting strike actually requires a level of timing to get the best of it so I’d say leave that out of your list. It’s also is the centre piece of a build that would not exist without it.

The other procs are totally fine to complain about.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)