Stop with the passive stability. Please.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I’ve been noticing lately that many classes are gaining a form of passive stability. By that, I mean that there is always a chance that said opponent will gain a stability out of nowhere, without a clear cooldown that can be accessed without a clear cost.

I am looking at;
Revenant’s dodge
Scrapper’s dodge
Bountiful Disillusionment
Reaper’s shroud
And many more.

Can we have a discussion on that? Personnally, I do not like the direction where stability is given like a handful of candies, especially the pulsing ones. I am tempted to dislike the reaper’s stability even more, but they are all equally painful.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Unless you get rid of all the extra CC, you cannot get rid of all the passive stability.

Necromancers as reapers has 3 more CC.
Chronomancers have more
Scrappers have more
Heralds have more

So… No, can’t get rid of all the stability. Elite specs have more CC now, dat power creep.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

I advise you make a Reaper, it is easy to play around the stability when fighting them and without the stability it currently has Reaper would be neutered. If you can deal with Warrior stability you can deal with Reaper stability.

As far as the Revenant is concerned – assuming they even spec for it, that stability is paltry and Conditions and its lack of reliable stability are it’s major weakness.

I couldn’t give an opinion on the other elite specializations stability but they don’t look to be out of line… Scrapper is a melee spec for a medium armor class it needs stability.

Stability is fine as is, if anything some elites such as Scrappers, Daredevil, and Berzerker could use more of it (I know Berzerker has it out the kitten but you are sacrificing stances and quite probably the defensive line for it).

The most that should be done to “nerf” stability is to make it more obvious then just a boon icon to know if someone has stability up so you don’t waste CC.

As it is, even with the upgraded stability of Reaper it can sometimes feel like you are getting knocked around like a football.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Reaper stability isn’t random. It’s Reaper Shroud skill #3. Also the trait Foot in the Grave.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Reaper stability isn’t random. It’s Reaper Shroud skill #3. Also the trait Foot in the Grave.

I had to check it, so I did. Well, it’s pretty spammy with its 20 seconds cooldown, pulsing stability(3 sec duration) every seconds for 8 seconds.

From a technical point, it is vastly longer (8 sec vs 6) than Armor of Earth, can’t really be stripped either since it pulses stability and the cooldown is 3 to 4 times shorter.

I believe that I have a point about this stability.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Revenant doesnt even need to evade like scrapper.. just dodge and wholla!

Atleast give it an ICD or make it just like scrapper.

Sure, when the Revenant get’s the passive condi clear and reduction like scrapper.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’ve been noticing lately that many classes are gaining a form of passive stability. By that, I mean that there is always a chance that said opponent will gain a stability out of nowhere, without a clear cooldown that can be accessed without a clear cost.

I am looking at;
Revenant’s dodge
Scrapper’s dodge
Reaper’s shroud
And many more.

Can we have a discussion on that? Personnally, I do not like the direction where stability is given like a handful of candies, especially the pulsing ones. I am tempted to dislike the reaper’s stability even more, but they are all equally painful.

Did you know that Bountiful Disillusionment requires that you shatter?

Did you know that actively using skills is not passive?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Alekt.5803

I am looking at;
Revenant’s dodge
Scrapper’s dodge
Reaper’s shroud
And many more.

Did you know that Bountiful Disillusionment requires that you shatter?

Did you know that actively using skills is not passive?

I am aware. It is 5 second duration stability. It’s just an example; stability is quite unique on mesmer.

Alerie Despins