Storms comment on DH vs Scraps in AG

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

A comment from Storms from the AG tournaments, he said the following,

“They have a Guardian in a 1v1 against an Engi right now. Possibly the worse match for the Guardian”.

Engi isn’t the worse match vs Guardian but that’s besides the point. I genuinely want further insight on DH vs Scrapper match up because.. in 300 Ranked games, I only met 1 Scrap who consistently beat me twice and that’s because I didn’t figure out he was Zerks until second duel when he bursted me at half health :p

I tried dueling a few Scrappers tonight but that didn’t exactly go well for them. Not to call anyone out but I really would like to duel more Scraps if anyone’s interested.

Can anyone else offer insight; does DH genuinely have an advantage or does Storms have a point here?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Symbol guardian will sustain engi but Longbow medi should lose to engi but if you play defensively you can bait engis kitten cuz you have more sustain w/heal trap

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Ranked games mean nothing for what beats what. You could put a Pro League player on their main class to face off against a random person in a queue that counters them and 9/10 times, if not 10/10 times, they will win the fight.

Sure, it may not be the biggest counter, it was a bit of exaggeration I suppose. Not everything that comes out of my mouth is 100% correct. I suppose I’ll be more careful about my phrasing in the future.

EDIT: You also need to keep in mind Marvin was running a build without scrapper when he fought you. Not to mention it was P/P condi. The same scenario certainly applies for any ranked queues due to the crazy builds you can often see in queues.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Sure, it may not be the biggest counter, it was a bit of exaggeration I suppose.

That’s just it, I don’t think Engi beats DH at all in fact, I believe the exact opposite so I had to challenge your claim.

If best Engi NA said Engi > DH i’d take it with a grain of salt because like you said, 9/10 he’d win vs any DH player. But if players like booMs and/or Naru came on and said Engi most definitely beats DH then i’d be inclined to agree but still have to challenge said Engi to a duel, for science.

Either ways I sense dueling in my near future, if anyone here plays a good Engi and thinks the latter is true.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Actually, since last patch DH symbol will out-sustain scrapper meta build and give more burst at equal skill level.

Scrapper is not the 1v1 god it was when HoT released. All the nerfed we got make us more like utility/support bruisers for team fights where “rez” matter.

Our heals are too easy to get interrupt now and Guard got enough interrupt to rekt us hard.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol, at engis beating DH and at league meaning nothing. Scrapper are so lame atm that I have yet to lose against one since league started.

And what jourdeline said.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Yeah, good scrappers are rare. They’re all annoying as hell to kill but if you want one that’s hard to kill and hurts play vs Lycar. He’s proven that that class is still broken in my opinion.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

…because he’s so good at mashing everything off cooldown effectively as a good scrapper would do.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Lol, at engis beating DH and at league meaning nothing. Scrapper are so lame atm that I have yet to lose against one since league started.

Sorry Bro, you got killed by me on your GS Power warrior homebrew build a couple of time the last month.

Not my fault, Retal can be OP when you don’t look for it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Yeah, good scrappers are rare. They’re all annoying as hell to kill but if you want one that’s hard to kill and hurts play vs Lycar. He’s proven that that class is still broken in my opinion.

Scrapper are still good in 1v1 but not versus all classes.

Most META build right now, will own scrapper at equal skill level.

The scrapper META build is more utility/support oriented right now, then build for 1v1.

It’s all about the damage nerf and the healing cast time (easy to interrupt) that make us subpar versus REV, DH, Reapers, Mesmers.

Others are still manageable on same skill level. But being countered by half the meta classes is not balanced, compare to them who got most likely only 1 or 2 other builds to counter them.

But… who care, since Scrapper is now the support build, 1v1 is not important for them. Scrapper role is to rotate the faster they can to the next team fight.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Sorry Bro, you got killed by me on your GS Power warrior homebrew build a couple of time the last month.

I don’t recall dying to any scrapper since the league started … or to put it in plain words. I have not lost to a scrapper from ruby to legendary. Since I don’t recall anything that happened in saphire tbh. Then again, I have a total of 7 games in saphire.

OK you said last month, was it in unranked or ranked? Because of pretty good record of hammering pro scrapper. I doubt it was in ranked… but yeah, if I did then something was seriously amiss.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

I don’t recall dying to any scrapper since the league started … or to put it in plain words. I have not lost to a scrapper from ruby to legendary. Since I don’t quite remember what happened in saphire

Yesterday, you played versus [GOOD], i was with them.

Anyway, I agree that it’s harder for any scrapper to kill things in 1v1. We can stale correctly for a long time, but killing is way harder.

We need to time our gyro destroy daze, with our hammer 5 and 3 at the good moment to hammer 2 to death. Some poisons helps.

But saying you never lost to a Scrapper (even if it was me or not or somebody else) is kinda “far fetching”. Even pro players die.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I am saying 1 vs 1. I don’t think any scrapper killed me 1 vs 1.What you are describing to me is like a team fight since I don’t recall it. Trust me, me losing to a scrapper 1 vs 1 is mechanically impossible atm.

True, if a pro scrapper vs a low mmr player ( rev) vs me can’t kill me and failed to do so countless time. I don’t see how I can lose to an engi in 1 vs 1. Btw me not losing to a scrapper doesn’t mean I killed him or didn’t lose the point ( in 2 vs 1).

Anywyas, if it was a 1 vs 1 * although I don’t recall it) grats my friend

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

I am saying 1 vs 1. I don’t think any scrapper killed me 1 vs 1.What you are describing to me is like a team fight since I don’t recall it. Trust me, me losing to a scrapper 1 vs 1 is mechanically impossible atm.

True, if a pro scrapper vs a low mmr player ( rev) vs me can’t kill me and failed to do so countless time. I don’t see how I can lose to an engi in 1 vs 1. Btw me not losing to a scrapper doesn’t mean I killed him or didn’t lose the point ( in 2 vs 1).

Anywyas, if it was a 1 vs 1 * although I don’t recall it) grats my friend

All good. Warrior is not a strong counter to Scrapper actually. But with your decent skill, i am sure you kill many average scrapper.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

I’ll 1v1 you bois if you need scrapper duels,I beat kitten all the time on engi and he’s “best guard NA”

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

m0bs’ username being filtered to kitten will never not be funny to me

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Sure, it may not be the biggest counter, it was a bit of exaggeration I suppose.

That’s just it, I don’t think Engi beats DH at all in fact, I believe the exact opposite so I had to challenge your claim.

If best Engi NA said Engi > DH i’d take it with a grain of salt because like you said, 9/10 he’d win vs any DH player. But if players like booMs and/or Naru came on and said Engi most definitely beats DH then i’d be inclined to agree but still have to challenge said Engi to a duel, for science.

Either ways I sense dueling in my near future, if anyone here plays a good Engi and thinks the latter is true.

You challenged my claim. Now what. I don’t understand this post lol.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Tatsuya.9071

Tatsuya.9071

I think you just salty cause you lost to a PP engi, kratoast who was using impact strike with fistfury and mango possibly the worst ranger NA. Storm doing this for FREE for the community. Stop getting kittens cause your OP fotm class can’t even carry your fat kitten cuz you suck . It people like you who find the smallest things to pick on that GW2 PvP can never grow pass the circlejerk of ~100 good players because no one wanna do anything for this whining community. Kratos tournament and now storm AG tournament too. Both of these guys trying to keep PvP positive but there always people who just wanna see people fall.

(edited by Tatsuya.9071)

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I think you just salty cause you lost to a PP engi, kratoast who was using impact strike with fistfury and mango possibly the worst ranger NA.

I didn’t lose to a PP Engi. I almost won vs PP Engi and Thieve in a 1v2. Maybe better Guardians would have won the 1v2, maybe not. Who cares, stop derailing the thread.

You challenged my claim. Now what. I don’t understand this post lol.

I’m not challenging your claim just to do it. It’s out of principle and learning purposes.

I’m not trying to blow this thread out of proportion, nor am I deliberately attacking commentators here. I just wanted to know if Scraps can pwn a DH because if that’s the case then I have a lot to learn in the pro leagues.

I’ll 1v1 you bois if you need scrapper duels,I beat kitten all the time on engi and he’s “best guard NA”

Yes would love to duel! I’ll add and message you in game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Finally fought a good Engi, Skittledness.5106 on Never Lucky.

A good (I emphasis the word) Engi can beat symbol DH but it’s a soft counter rather than hard counter. The two will sustain for days before Engi tops DH, unless he misses a footing and gets both pushed + pulled inside ToF.

I wouldn’t call it a bad scenario having the two fight on point, especially if the DH can bunk Engi off for a possible neutral node, but it’s not exactly favorable for DH if fight drags on which it will if the Engi is any good.

Thanks for the duels Skittled.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

The two will sustain for days before Engi tops DH

if the DH can bunk Engi off for a possible neutral node, but it’s not exactly favorable for DH if fight drags on which it will if the Engi is any good.

Thats pretty much almost word for word what i told you in the guardian forum thread ¯\(?)

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

LOL thanks for clearing this up. Everyone was playing the hypothetical and you came in like a baller taking on all challengers!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

A good (I emphasis the word) Engi can beat symbol DH but it’s a soft counter rather than hard counter. The two will sustain for days before Engi tops DH, unless he misses a footing and gets both pushed + pulled inside ToF.

I wouldn’t call it a bad scenario having the two fight on point, especially if the DH can bunk Engi off for a possible neutral node, but it’s not exactly favorable for DH if fight drags on which it will if the Engi is any good.

Can you post your build and his? If we’re talking about point contesting or holding, I don’t think the meta Scrapper has a chance versus a Symbolic Dragonhunter when we’re talking about a small point. I decapped then full-capped Chaith’s home point on Forest of Niflhel while in a 1v1 with him the entire time before he decided to leave when his Self-Regulating Defenses proc’d right before the match ended. I was running this build.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Can you post your build and his? If we’re talking about point contesting or holding, I don’t think the meta Scrapper has a chance versus a Symbolic Dragonhunter when we’re talking about a small point. I decapped then full-capped Chaith’s home point on Forest of Niflhel while in a 1v1 with him the entire time before he decided to leave when his Self-Regulating Defenses proc’d right before the match ended. I was running this build.

Same build exception i’m Pack and Mara. I don’t know what build he was running, assumed it was meta.

The duel was in foefire’s mid area so he had the kite advantage. Didn’t duel him on side node but DH will definitely neutral the point if the node is theirs. I’ll probably duel him again for science because tbh I just came home after a 12hr shift yesterday.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

As a scrapper I would say the matchup is fairly even, but the guard has the advantage of being the better point holder since you will need to move out of the symbols and probably even use stealth gyro as scrapper. You can still win but it will usually take to long and the guard will most likely decap or even full-cap if the engi is defending. Generally I’d say the scrapper should only engage if he knows he is either the superior player or can expect a +1 from a teammate in a reasonable amount of time. However the engi should always be able to get away if the fight goes badly.

Against the bursty longbow variant the scrapper should probably win, even though you can mess up the matchup pretty easily by facetanking true shot and/or kick. Same goes for the DH if he has sword 2 or true shot reflected though.

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

A video with both link build would had been awesome.

The video would had tell, if you did time your interrupt well enough to counter scrapper healing turret.

The link build would show if your Scrapper did use the “meta utility” gyro or the old 1v1 scrapper build. For duels, it’s so easy to swap utility to duel skills.

If that would be the case, you would probably wins the fight faster than stalling it for minutes on end.