Story Mode for Spvp

Story Mode for Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

If this is Anet’s way to force older players to help newer ones who don’t have the SM done, I’m not impressed.

I had all the story modes done on my character during the first few months after launch, and just like their names it’s mainly about the story, not even rewarding. It’s not right to be blocked from this as we have already done this before.

I understand that there is a rotation and I can just do the temporarily unlocked one anyway, but this sets a precedence, just because I did something before a patch it doesn’t count, when the people who are doing the exact same thing now does? Some of the others even repeated the story mode just to have this unlocked, and I for one consider that to be a boring and unpleasant experience.

If I wanted to help people, I would do this of my own freewill, instead Anet is subtly forcing me to in this way.

Story Mode for Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If this is Anet’s way to force older players to help newer ones who don’t have the SM done, I’m not impressed.

I had all the story modes done on my character during the first few months after launch, and just like their names it’s mainly about the story, not even rewarding. It’s not right to be blocked from this as we have already done this before.

I understand that there is a rotation and I can just do the temporarily unlocked one anyway, but this sets a precedence, just because I did something before a patch it doesn’t count, when the people who are doing the exact same thing now does? Some of the others even repeated the story mode just to have this unlocked, and I for one consider that to be a boring and unpleasant experience.

If I wanted to help people, I would do this of my own freewill, instead Anet is subtly forcing me to in this way.

Eh, kinda blowing this out of proportion here. You can faceroll a story mode dungeon in no time at all, and I seriously doubt any hidden intentions behind this on Anet’s part. Not to mention these reward tracks now provide a way for sPvP players to get dungeon loot faster than any PvE player ever could.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Story Mode for Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Eh, kinda blowing this out of proportion here. You can faceroll a story mode dungeon in no time at all, and I seriously doubt any hidden intentions behind this on Anet’s part. Not to mention these reward tracks now provide a way for sPvP players to get dungeon loot faster than any PvE player ever could.

The story mode is boring beyond words especially because it’s unrewarding, why should my earlier work not count? That is the issue, not with the unlock itself particularly.

And your last statement about the rewards, in my opinion a pvp’er should maybe get around the same rewards with the same time effort spent as a pve’er, but ‘get dungeon loot faster than any pve player ever could’ sounds off.

As it stands with spvp being more rewarding while pve is getting nerfed seems by itself a coercion for players to do what anet wants, and not for us to play as we want.

WvW needed more incentive, now spvp has too much instead.

Story Mode for Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The story mode is boring beyond words especially because it’s unrewarding, why should my earlier work not count? That is the issue, not with the unlock itself particularly.

And your last statement about the rewards, in my opinion a pvp’er should maybe get around the same rewards with the same time effort spent as a pve’er, but ‘get dungeon loot faster than any pve player ever could’ sounds off.

As it stands with spvp being more rewarding while pve is getting nerfed seems by itself a coercion for players to do what anet wants, and not for us to play as we want.

WvW needed more incentive, now spvp has too much instead.

It may be boring and yeah our previous story mode runs should count, but again it’s so easy and quick to just run it again that it’s not even worth complaining about.

And yes, it is much faster to get dungeon loot in sPvP now than in the actual dungeon.

And right now WvW does have incentive with the tournament and all going on. Just not sure what incentive will remains afterwards except for the fact that it’s just fun.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds