Strategy

Strategy

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

This is my first day of team queue, so I am most probably missing something here.

I’ve noticed that every time my team had one a near and the rest at mid, we won.

Every time people went to far, we lost.

What is the advantage of trying to get far and, what seems to me, weakening the rest of the team?

Strategy

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Decapping a node takes less time than it takes to cap it. So if home and mid are safe you decap far. The problem is communication and map awareness. If home and mid aren’t safe going far may not be as helpful versus assisting mid or home. Also depends on the map and the situation. Anything goes when you can pull off a win.

Strategy

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

If your homedefender rotates mid fast enough you will be 4v4 in mid. The guy who pushes far will prefent the cap while your team has inc points from home. And if he wins the 1v1 he has a relatively easy cap.

Thats the theory behind it.

Strategy

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Watch this video as it highlights a little bit of everything. Keep note that Super (the warrior) pushes up to treb via home point instead of pushing up through the tunnel below clocktower. This is because having a direct visual in the lane via home point will prevent most early rushes to your home. A lot of the “strategy” to this game is to constantly have visual on where the opposing team is at all times and respond with correct rotations.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

Strategy

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Thanks, those are valuable examples.

Still… what I saw yesterday doesn’t fit there. Seems even more now to have simply been cases of team-runs-all-over-the-place and achieves nothing. Oh well.