Strict Disciplinary Action

in PvP

Posted by: mishkamba.6358

mishkamba.6358

ANET, what’s so hard in banning a player for 24hrs who’s rage quitting in pvp. And what are you planning to do with afk’ers? so many updates and nerf being invented and yet these simple matters are not resolved.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

they can ban quitters when they ban people for picking skyhammer.
aslong as people are still picking skyhammer, i’m still quitting!

in PvP

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

This is why we can’t have nice things. One player can ruin the experience for nine others.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in PvP

mishkamba.6358

This is why we can’t have nice things. One player can ruin the experience for nine others.

I guess this post has been created so many times yet nothing changes. Its such simple solution for these types of people.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Rage quitting and AFKing. It would probably get me banned for a day for Comcast being utterly useless, but I’m willing to eat that every now and then for the greater good of people not ruining games for 9 other people.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think you mean… Why can one person who votes for skyhammer ruin the match for the other 9?

in PvP

timmyf.1490

I think you mean… Why can one person who votes for skyhammer ruin the match for the other 9?

I wish people wouldn’t vote for Skyhammer either, but if you’re too much of a child to play a map you dislike for 10 whole minutes, you deserve a 24-hour ban.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’m for deserter rather than ban.

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Perhaps an dscalating series of bans like in counter strike? 2-8-24-week long? Or a system of cool downs before matches (5-10 minute wait before you can enter a que)?
24 hours for first offense seems a little extreme

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Perhaps an dscalating series of bans like in counter strike? 2-8-24-week long? Or a system of cool downs before matches (5-10 minute wait before you can enter a que)?
24 hours for first offense seems a little extreme

I think a system where you wouldn’t be able to queue up for 30 minutes after you leave first match and then for increased duration for every other (+15, +20…) would be best. People would think twice before leaving and if they did, there would be an action right away preventing them for entering pvp again.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Needs to include AFKing/throwing the match though, or people will just go make toast instead or rage quitting. It needs to be reportable.

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

the experience is already ruined when you pick skyhammer or courtyard

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

timmyf.1490

I’d choose a 5v5 on Skyhammer or Courtyard over a 5v4 on Skyhammer or Courtyard.

In fact, I’d choose a 5v5 on Skyhammer or Courtyard over a 5v4 on any map.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Easy fix. Play Ranked.

in PvP

mishkamba.6358

Easy fix. Play Ranked.

You don’t get the point, whether your playing rank or not. there are still quitter’s and AFK’ers. worst is, ANET not doing anything about it. Yes their MMR might probably get affected but since fewer people are playing you’ll end up seeing them again on the next match. Other Games had a temporary ban for players like this. also, while in-game if the player is purposely committing suicide, in other games, the team members can report it. These reports will file up and the ADMIN demote their MMR rank. This is a much simpler solution rather than filing reports for everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Easy fix. Play Ranked.

It’s not always in every ones best interest to play ranked with say their friend whos only played 100 games but would like to have fun in conquest, when you have over 10k games and are playing ranked seriously (not that there really is a reason to do this, but some people do). At least if the garbage troll maps were not in queue and saved for hotjoin and custom arena (like they should be) people could queue in unranked with their lowbie friends and not have to worry about tanking their mmr OR getting stuck on spirit watch, LelHammer, or courtyard (which they wont be seeing in ranked to begin with so what kind of practice could they really provide?)

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)