Strong-Like Really Strong-Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Hey all,

I wanted to give my feedback on stronghold. I find the game mode lacking when compared to conquest. Now, I know not everyone will agree and that is good, but I just won my last game of stronghold and wanted to rip out my hair.

My team, broke all the enemy gates, and we were ready for a final push. We go in, fail the final push, get their lord to about 50% and regroup. Suddenly, I realize something; I am the only person actually trying to push. The rest of the game, all my teamates were simply having fun fighting, for almost 10 minutes. My team realized that being ahead of points, they would win if they simply held the enemy team at their base for the rest of the game. Maybe they thought they were farming something, but this behavior felt toxic to me.

I tried pleading with my teammates to end the game, but I kept dying when trying to solo the enemy lord. I died over and over and over until I was exhausted. I finally, just waited it out at my base, killing the occasional door breaker that would show up. I didn’t want to give up the game, but it felt pointless. It was like that moment when you have already won at conquest, you are 200 points ahead and holding all three points. The enemy team gives up, and the game ends 2-3 minutes later. However, this game mode allows teams to keep this state for much longer. It felt like the match was settled, but I couldn’t end it.

Sorry for my rant, but I wanted to point out this scenario that bothered me. I think the game mode is fun, but I think the point system needs some adjusting to avoid players camping a win for 10 minutes. I was on the winning side, but it felt like I lost.

Rant over. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I’m one of the players guilty for just roaming around in SH. Like the HJ players, I sometimes just wanna run around and shoot people up. SH’s layout and goal is so lax that its very easy to screw around.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I have no problem with that in fact. I just think right now, the mode seems between a race to the end and a take your time ride. I will be giving it more time. I just wanted to get my experience out there for A-Net to consider among many. I guess, it just reminded me of graveyard farming in warsong gultch. (WoW)

in PvP

Posted by: bbp.5762

bbp.5762

This wouldn’t be as big of a problem if game modes were implemented such as a team death match maybe similar to courtyard that they took away? Never made sense to me because I don’t care to cap points or kill enemy lords. When I pvp I just want to test my skill against other players most of the time and I feel a lot of people also feel that way and that is probably why people just roam and kill others.

(edited by bbp.5762)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I find that if I have people on my team who can defend the gates whatsoever it is worth more points to just kill the enemy team. I literally play death match in stronghold with occasional mist hero capturing. Of course, if someone is mustering a decent push then I will push. Buuut still gonna kill people on the way.