Stronghold. Did I miss something?

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

Q:

Last Ready Up stated that Stronghold will share the same queues as Conquest, then the Stronghold map will enter on the rotation. Did I understand it well? If it is so I’ll ask the question:

Assuming that Stronghold is Expansion-exclusive…

How are queues going to work for people who don’t have Heart of Thorns?

I can edit explaining myself more, thanks for reading.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

That is a pretty kittenumption.

We don’t know if it will be a HOT exclusive, just like the new WvW map. We don’t know much about the xpaction.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Poliator.7021

We don’t know if it will be a HOT exclusive, just like the new WvW map. We don’t know much about the xpaction.

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en

Yeah, I know it, I’m wondering that because it was showed on Pax South were they talked about HoT, so it leads us to think it’s HoT exclusive.
But then HoT will only come with the new PvE thinguies? Then it would have poor content I guess :/

It’d be nice to know if the new mode is going to be expansion exclusive

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

if Stronghold and the new WvW map arent apart of the expansion what would seriously devalue the expansion. especially if they want to charge $50 for it.

also, i thought they said it was going to be a custom arena at first before they decide what to do with it as far as making a queue for it. adding it to the rotation would probably kitten alot more people off then it would make happy.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Poliator.7021

Minute 27:45

If I understood correctly, Hugh says it will be added to Unranked and Ranked.

I think the custom arena thing was said because the game mode will be 5vs5 and some people may try more people in each team (8vs8 or so) and give feedback to the devs.

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

wow….seriously even ranked? thats just so kitteny i dont really know what to say.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

if Stronghold and the new WvW map arent apart of the expansion what would seriously devalue the expansion. especially if they want to charge $50 for it.

also, i thought they said it was going to be a custom arena at first before they decide what to do with it as far as making a queue for it. adding it to the rotation would probably kitten alot more people off then it would make happy.

Not really. The people it would weaken the expansion for would be primarily or main WvWer and sPvPer but those do not add to a significant percentage. The amount of chaos locking out a WvW map will to expansion only players would be epic. The same goes IF they don’t decide to separate stronghold from conquest.

The majority will probably buy it due to specialization.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.