Stronghold Feedback

Stronghold Feedback

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

This is a copy of a post I made on the GW2 subreddit (link: http://tinyurl.com/np723j2)

So I’ve been no-lifing Stronghold most of the beta-weekend and I have come up with a few things that maybe should be looked at (ignoring some obvious bugs):

- Archers are still bad, guards are killed by players way too easily
- The voice telling you that a trebuchet is firing at you is very low and is incredibly difficut to hear if you aren’t prepared for it
- Getting on and off the trebuchet is laggy. It responds very slowly and if you click several times it can put you back on it again.
- The fact that the trebuchet respawns by itself even though there is a repair mechanic feels a bit out of place and removes focus from the supplies.

You don’t really have to read this next part, but I thought I might explain the problems in greater detail. The laggy trebuchet is a big problem when you are trying to protect your outer gate while being under attack simultaneously. If I managed to scare some people off I want to be able to get on the treb and fire some shots without having to be afraid of getting stuck on it and getting killed without being able to do anything. This can make the difference between a saved or a broken gate.
I find the need to use supply to repair the trebuchet a lot of fun. As a defender, it gives me a reason to actually care about supply. It also means that going into fights is a bit more risky because if I die and lose my supply I might not be able to use the treb when I spawn (if it has been broken during my absence). When the treb spawns by itself you rarely have to repair it as it usually works when you need it anyway.
I’d love to hear what you guys think!

Stronghold Feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Jgr.8765

Jgr.8765

Good points. I didn’t play enough but.. I don’t know anyone who likes using a treb. Enough team fights don’t happen on Stronghold, imo. It should be 6v6.

I’m looking forward to more Mist heroes, and elite specs might mix things up a lot. Stronghold is promising, and I really liked playing it. But as soon as some strict meta develops, I lose interest quickly.

More maps are needed. (Just look at Heroes of the Storm.)

Stronghold Feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

- archers are decent but i think they should still put a whallop on players to make them useful for pushing.

-add more players. map is very large and would work much better under a 10v10
(At least try it for the next beta to see how people respond. and scale npc life accordingly ) then 5v5. simply so that your team wont be as punished if you go off and try to gain an objective to rather then trying to stop a push. Currently game is won by a landslide by the team who can go on offense first. So adding more players would allow both teams to compete on both ends of the spectrum instead a the majority of both teams beign concentrated to one lane.

-change the channeling the channeling is better now but but stability channeling or warrior channeling can just have no counter and its infurating. if 2 people go to a point. theier will literally be no fight. it will just be who can start channling first with stability with no counter play

-i think there should be a way to use supply to either heal lord (or have him heal over time) or to resummon guards.

-summoned heroes needs to be more resilient, a pulsating condi clense would help ( a burn guardian can drop Ossai in like 5 seconds by himself)

-There is no way to comback. in conquest if your team gets it together, you can decap or 3 cap your way back into the game.
-in stronghold, getting objectives or playing defensive rewards nothing. even if you play a solid defense,
Teams win like 20-200 even though neither one broke a wall just because one is getting the kills and theirs no way to come back.

-it can be hard to actually do anythign meaningful objectiveise to help your team out of a stomp cycle when both teams can easily kill off npcs.

(At least try it for the next beta to see how people respond. and scale npc life accordingly ) then 5v5. simply so that your team wont be as punished if you go off and try to gain an objective to rather then trying to stop a push. Currently game is won by a landslide by the team who can go on offense first. So adding more players would allow both teams to compete on both ends of the spectrum instead a the majority of both teams beign concentrated to one lane.

(edited by Luthic.7290)

Stronghold Feedback

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I don’t know anyone who likes using a treb.

That is probably is probably only because they are new players. The trebs are incredibly strong before the outer gate is broken and still quite usefull afterwards. Not using them is a terrible mistake :P

Enough team fights don’t happen on Stronghold, imo.

I think it has improved a lot in this beta. Before there weren’t taht many, but once your team becomes organized they start to pop up; fights for the communes, fights to defend/destroy the treb, fights to kill/protect the hero… I’m personally happy with the amount of them

(At least try it for the next beta to see how people respond. and scale npc life accordingly )

I actually think that 5v5 works perfectly, because you are rather few it realy forces you to have proper tacticts. Still, trying out more players might be good, but I doubt 10v10 would work, it would just be total chaos

Stronghold Feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

I actually think that 5v5 works perfectly, because you are rather few it realy forces you to have proper tacticts. Still, trying out more players might be good, but I doubt 10v10 would work, it would just be total chaos

I guess we have a difference of opinion here. even if you didnt want to go all the way to 10v 10. 8v8 might work a little better. But still. i personally feel that 5v5 spreads your team out very thin. you get alot of either dueling or 4/5 man pushes that demand one team to either copy or all fall back to defend.

You say it makes tactics more appropriate which i can consider a valid point. But if you try to go offence to pull soem heat off your losing team. and then your team needs you back for some reason. it can take a VERY long time to run from one side of the map to the other. Having more people would lessen the punishment a bit.

I think having more people would create soem more engagments and allow for more skirmishes at most locations instead of 1 location and mabey a duel soemwhere else.

a little chaos would be welcomed . I also hate the game ending due to timeouts. I know some people like “quick” games to be in and out. But i feel stronghold should have at least double the alloted time. I ALSO feel that heros and summoned npcs (archers and bombers) should continually scale over time so that they will eventually become effective and getting them will have much more important.

The lord shoudl regain life over time after a fight. But he shoudl still die each game.