Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

I voted no by accident lol sorry xD

Kill it with fire!

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

It’s still a solid 91% against 9% ratio. One accidental vote doesn’t change the ratio.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I understand why they did it but I think it shows big lack of faith on their part.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

All “No” votes must be missclicks

No matter how hard I try, I cannot find any reason to mix the queues.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Maybe the guild lb’s will change something? But hell, why didn’t they mention it on the livestream then. That makes me think it won’t all be that special.

The leaderboards, when changed for the better, will be useless if you mix 2 (3 if you add CY) gamemodes.
The other alternative is not adding it to ranked. But then you’re advertising a new gamemode which you can’t play in ranked. Guild LB’s kinda confirm that this won’t be the case though.

The only upside is ‘not splitting the population’. But when compared with all the upsides of splitting, I think this gets completely nullified and will be detrimental to the overall state of sPvp.

Once again. :p

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

This is one design decision I am very much against in my opinion. The reason for this is that Stronghold feels like a significantly different game mode in comparison to Conquest and Deathmatch.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Just a few more votes for the 1000 dream

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Whelp, all 1,000 people who pvp have voted. The results are in.

[SoF]

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

1000 people? There are ways for 1 guy to vote multiple times. I for example gave 2 votes for NO.

This poll is not a legitimate representation nor it does represent the entire game community.

One could get a poll about skyhammer for example and get a bunch of friends to vote saying it should be in ranked queue.

The sample size is also small. Also not everyone saw this specific topic in this specif forum.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

1000 people? There are ways for 1 guy to vote multiple times. I for example gave 2 votes for NO.

This poll is not a legitimate representation nor it does represent the entire game community.

One could get a poll about skyhammer for example and get a bunch of friends to vote saying it should be in ranked queue.

The sample size is also small. Also not everyone saw this specific topic in this specif forum.

You’re trying a little too hard to defend this. And I’m not really sure why…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Mouby.7096

There is not a single reason why you would want to have both gamemodes in one que. People voting for “no” either missclicked or like to troll.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

There is not a single reason why you would want to have both gamemodes in one que. People voting for “no” either missclicked or like to troll.

Are you one of those people who believes that if an opinion doesn’t agree with your own then that opinion is wrong?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Are you one of those people who believes that if an opinion doesn’t agree with your own then that opinion is wrong?

The thing about this decision in particular is if you break it down… Saying they shouldn’t be split is either selfish, or out of lack of faith.

Splitting it betters everyone because then you can decide what you want to play and when, that doesn’t hurt or hinder anyone.

UNLESS:
1.) You’re just being selfish and think they should be merged for no good reason except that its not what most people want.
2.) Lack of faith and expect that one or the other will have a total lack of players when the expansion launches.

Even with lack of faith, there are better remedies than merging them, like Call To Arms incentives for playing ones that need more players. Merging them, as many have suggested, will cause worse issues with people abandoning games where their preferred style isn’t selected. Do the math and you’ll realized that merging them doesn’t really serve a good purpose.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

Well I think it is pretty obvious what the community wants. Even for an unofficial poll, 91% of 1000 votes is pretty convincing lol, and I bet it would be the same percentage if you took a poll of the entire PvP population.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I quit years ago because I found conquest boring and dull resulting in a stale meta. You seriously think I’m going to pay money to come back to this game to SOMETIMES get to play stronghold and other times be forced to play 15-20 minutes of conquest. Hah! Not taking that risk, friends and I will go elsewhere.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Mouby.7096

Maybe i’m just one of those persons who actually thought about this topic. Is there a single benefit to anyone if they’re going to merge the ques?

Some people really don’t want to be forced to play conquest. I would actually say there are a lot of people who would consider playing pvp just for stronghold.

On the other hand there are probably people who’ll hate the idea behind stronghold and rather stick with conquest.

Maybe there are a lot of people who would like to play both gamemodes, but also want to DECIDE WHAT they want to play and WHEN they want to play this specific gamemode.

Even if you want diversity, you can just que up for conquest and go for stronghold right after that.

In fact a merged que would only benefit people wo like RNG or can’t decide what to play by themselves.

The ONE and ONLY reason for introducing a merged que would be something like quetimes or “splitting the community”. But honestly, if they’re introducing a merged que there will be a lot of players finally leaving this game due to another failure of anet (not even mentioning the amount of 4v5s due to ragequits). Besides that i believe stronghold could attract a lot of new players (who would maybe consider playing conquest as well at some point) and help the pvp-community to finally grow again.

I guess the strawpoll speaks for itself.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Maybe i’m just one of those persons who actually thought about this topic. Is there a single benefit to anyone if they’re going to merge the ques?

Some people really don’t want to be forced to play conquest. I would actually say there are a lot of people who would consider playing pvp just for stronghold.

On the other hand there are probably people who’ll hate the idea behind stronghold and rather stick with conquest.

Maybe there are a lot of people who would like to play both gamemodes, but also want to DECIDE WHAT they want to play and WHEN they want to play this specific gamemode.

Even if you want diversity, you can just que up for conquest and go for stronghold right after that.

In fact a merged que would only benefit people wo like RNG or can’t decide what to play by themselves.

The ONE and ONLY reason for introducing a merged que would be something like quetimes or “splitting the community”. But honestly, if they’re introducing a merged que there will be a lot of players finally leaving this game due to another failure of anet (not even mentioning the amount of 4v5s due to ragequits). Besides that i believe stronghold could attract a lot of new players (who would maybe consider playing conquest as well at some point) and help the pvp-community to finally grow again.

I guess the strawpoll speaks for itself.

The only reason i found to merge queues is: “no resources to make stronghold queue UI”

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Surely anet has read this and is now reconsidering…surely…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Why? This is to both why go through the trouble of double-voting[though I assume people didn’t decide to do it up to 1000] and why do you want stronghold to be mixed in with normal Ranked Queue?

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Torin.7129

Torin.7129

if stronghold will be in same q, all of us can forget about guild leaderboard too. grindfest will stay. TY anet

who makes decisions? where’s gw1 team? srsly fire them, all of them.

anet makes only mistakes in gw2 pvp since release. esport? joke, nothing else.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Eylia.2485

Eylia.2485

I love GW2 gameplay, I love PvP but I definitely hate Conquest mode.

I know there are lots of people like me on this game (almost part playing WvW). Then maybe they’d split their community but Stronghold would also attract lots of people due to its new mechanics which breaks with “capping points with your tank and spamming AoE lol!”.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So it has been decided that Stronghold belongs to the conquest queue.

That means that if you want to play this new “game mode” you are forced to play the old conquest maps most of the time.

I made this poll concerning this topic.

http://strawpoll.me/3632530

The wording you’re using is pretty biased if you hope to get good data on this poll…

…but still, I’m pretty sure we can all agree that the community is in favor of separate queues.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

can we get a confirmation that a dev has looked at these poll results….

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Need build templates like in gw1
srs conquest
skyham troll
srs stronghold

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

can we get a confirmation that a dev has looked at these poll results….

Yes, they must be the guys that voted no ^^

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Diederick.7906

Diederick.7906

Need build templates like in gw1
srs conquest
skyham troll
srs stronghold

I agree. There should be build templates, it makes everything a lot easier. If this is not going to happen, then there should be a separate queue

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Eylia.2485

Eylia.2485

Would be great if more people was able to vote !

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Would be great if more people was able to vote !

1245 Votes is already huge considering how small the pvp community is.

Waiting for anet response

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personally I don’t care if it’s in the queue or not. What I care about is having more than one map to play Stronghold on, because that map will get old quickly if it’s all we’re playing.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Someone voted no? Wait WUT?
Restart untill 99,99999% is yes…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

If they make Stronghold a full flesh out game mode I would want it to be on separate que--> a lot of different maps, each played differently. But if they insist on making it only played on 1 map they should keep it in 1 que with conquest. What is additional req. is to finally give us build templates so we can change builds depending on mode we are playing.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Could not cast your vote. Error returned by server

can’t vote, but i vote for seperate queue for it as it’s different game mode.

7v7, 8v8 or 10v10 though, to make more small 2v2, 3v3 fights but not ocassianoal 1v1 + mobs.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

all the different modes of pvp should be in separate que, or a map progression starting with courtyard, why bothere even putting court yard in if you just take it out of ranked? sick of all the try harding conquest players who should have really died of boredom already who dont want to play that map cause they dont seem to see the skill in killing, for some reason domination player versus point is more ’’skilled’’ for these badies.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Not being able to queue specifically for Stronghold sounds like a really silly mistake to make, regardless of how you can specifically set up tournaments for a single map on a custom arena if you’d like. They probably want to make sure that the whole queue experience is random so they don’t have to split Stronghold and Conquest rankings up, but it really doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.

Also, the poll is silly. Most people who feel compelled to vote are going to be those who want to vote “Yes”. It’s like going to Chicago and polling everyone for their favorite football team, then stating that the Chicago Bears are the nation’s most loved football team since 90% of the vote was Chicago Bears.

The data means nothing in this case, in my opinion. However, ANet is still making a bad decision (also in my opinion).

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

It’s depressingly obvious that having separate queues is the right thing to do. Any simpleton could come to this conclusion, yet anet has decided against reason. Maybe if we’re vocal enough they’ll come to their senses before the HoT release.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Apparently this won’t get any official answer.

Such a waste of effort

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

It will never have it’s own queue, the PVP player base is far too small.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

The results are clear. The gw2 pvp community wants Stronghold to have its own queue. I’m sure Anet will listen and give us what we want.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

It will never have it’s own queue, the PVP player base is far too small.

That’s the point. If they put it in the same queue as Conquest, the player base will stay small.

If they give it a seperate queue, the player base will be able to expand and grow.

Putting it into the same queue guarantees two things:

1. At first lot of people will afk or quit the match when Conquest comes up.

2. The player base will go back to being small as the people who hate Conquest give up and quit PvP.