Stronghold Suggestions+ End Game

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Pain.3602

Phantom Pain.3602

Quick suggestions:

• Increase the death timer by 1 second for every minute that has passed in the game. It will make PvP and defending a lot more rewarding instead of just base racing. Currently if you wipe a team in your base, by the time you make a push on their base they have already respawned and are on defense.
  • Either increase Guards and Lords resistance to damage from players or increase their ability to sustain themselves in combat. It is too easy to solo guards even when they are being healed (Not including Tome of Courage). This would also make archers more viable.
  • Make the hero buffs unable to be channeled when in an elite form.

End of game mechanics:
Currently, tiebreakers in Stronghold are based on what team has the most points at the end of the game. This seems like a very anticlimactic way to end a game mode where the objective is to kill the enemy lord.

It would be awesome if an end of the game mechanic “Victory or Death” from GW1 GvG was added. Have it trigger at the 15 minute mark and move into sudden death. All supplies and trebuchets would be disabled and the middle of the map cleared out (Similar to how the Clocktower can be destroyed in Battle of Kyhlo) to open up the middle and combine the two offensive lanes (See attached picture). Here’s how I imagine it looking like:

• Increase Damage and Condition Damage by X% and Reduce healing by X% on all players and NPCs
  • Remaining NPCs move slowly begin to march towards the middle of the map and the last big fight occurs
  • The team with the most points before Victory or Death would be awarded with either a stat boost or reinforcements of guards or archers

Pros:

• Creates an epic and climactic finish to the fight if the lord is not killed in the regulation timing.
  • Allows for greater comeback potential.

Cons:

• Can lead to matches that are a few minutes longer.
  • Some teams might try to turtle in their base. However, they will not have as many points as the team that is actually attacking. The bonus to the team with the most points would have to be significant to discourage this.

Note: This is a revised re-post of my last Stronghold suggestion topic that was about a week late, but after playing in this beta event as well, I believe many of the same issues are still prevalent.

tldr; Reward PvP with increased death timers as the game goes on. Make guards more self-sufficient to increase viability of archers. Establish an end of game mechanic that creates comeback potential and climactic endings through a final team fight until a lord is killed.

Attachments:

Valor, Honor, Bravery
Zeroes to Heroes [zH]

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Increase Damage and Condition Damage by X% and Reduce healing by X% on all players and NPCs

that would pretty much ruin support build players.

in PvP

Phantom Pain.3602

The sudden-death mechanic would occur at the end of regulation time as a way to encourage the game to finish in a timely manner. Also, I think it would discourage hyper-defensive team compositions from defending their base for 15 minutes waiting for sudden-death to occur. It would certainly hurt support builds, but support is not just limited to direct heals.

Valor, Honor, Bravery
Zeroes to Heroes [zH]

in PvP

Phantom Pain.3602

I still feel all this is still revenant

This game mode has not had any significant changes for months. In my opinion, if there are no changes then this game mode is dead on arrival.

Any other thoughts, opinions, and/or suggestions to help improve this game mode?

Valor, Honor, Bravery
Zeroes to Heroes [zH]