Stronghold Temporarily Disabled

in PvP

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

Not that Conquest is bad but I do prefer Stronghold for most of my classes and wish that would could still play it knowing that there is that glitch, just include a warning “there is a stealth glitch, play at your own risk” or something

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Not that Conquest is bad but I do prefer Stronghold for most of my classes and wish that would could still play it knowing that there is that glitch, just include a warning “there is a stealth glitch, play at your own risk” or something

…or disable only for Ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: RoyalD.9782

RoyalD.9782

My guild was going to do the PvP Mission today and we activated the Mission. After 10 minutes we found out we could not do the mission because Stronghold is disabled.
We really need the favor….

Will Arenanet offers some kind of compensation for this?

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

You mean that bug thats been around since the start, that youre now just taking notice?

Really…

in PvP

Morwath.9817

You mean that bug thats been around since the start, that youre now just taking notice?

Really…

Better now than never, Stronghold needs more attention and fixes. Its really great game mode which could shine with some polishing done right.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So Courtyard removed, Raid of the Capricorn removed, Stronghold Removed…
We currently probably have less pvp maps than on release 3 years ago.

Why was there only 1 pvp map added with HoT and why did you remove 2 good maps from unranked?

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Why was there only 1 pvp map added with HoT and why did you remove 2 good maps from unranked?

Stronghold was disabled until fixed, for one week… don’t panic.

in PvP

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

I hope you aren’t referring to Courtyard as a good map and Capricorn was removed because the didn’t like underwater combat.

@Anet
Since your working on stealth glitches in Stronghold anyways how about you fix the glitch with the lord’s HP indicator changing when he get’s stealth and not changing back.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’s almost like this whole game would benefit from skill splits.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I like stronghold because #1 it’s closer to my preferred mode WvW. #2 I’m not a fan of bunker wars and stronghold allows many different comps to win.

I like WvW and stronghold is not really like it.

Bashing down defenceless doors, and killing npcs… Sounds like your typical sox wvw experience. I’m surprised you don’t love the gamemode.

Thats funny coming from someone in TS.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: antichecker.1675

antichecker.1675

this is a ridiculous joke, my guild has 2 guild missions only able to be done in the stronghold. Funny how Anet allways messes things up, but the community never gets any kind of recompensation.

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

this is a ridiculous joke, my guild has 2 guild missions only able to be done in the stronghold. Funny how Anet allways messes things up, but the community never gets any kind of recompensation.

Yeah, they should add a free week onto all of our subscriptions for this!

in PvP

Posted by: RebelsDawn.6803

RebelsDawn.6803

I played 10 rounds of ranked hoping I’d get into stronghold before I quit last night. Hadn’t realized the mode was disabled till I got home from work today. ><
Those rounds gave me my reminder why I am a fan of Stronghold. I don’t know why but I’ve found I get grouped with more polite people who communicate in stronghold than I’ve had luck with conquest. Hoping for a quick fix so I can get back in that mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I agree with disabling Stronghold until this bug is fixed.

On the topic of not be able to do guild missions (or dailies) because of a bug: This isn’t something new. It seems ArenaNet is unable to influence how guild missions (or dailies) are chosen every week. Really stupid and something they should look at. It is very frustrating for guilds to have several guild missions that they cannot do because the content is bugged or disabled. It demotivate members and makes it harder every week to do the guild missions. This is my main issue with GW2 at the moment from a Guild Leader perspective.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Please remove the Trebs it serve nothing in terms of defense and offense

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I understand disabling Stronghold, but why did you turn around and make killing a lord in Stronghold this week’s pvp guild mission?

Seems like lines of communication may be broken somewhere between developer teams.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Uh yeah, absolutely useful in defense.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Not sure if this is sarcastic, but if not, I think you may want to play stronghold a bit more. Having a person on the treb at the right time can make a huge difference in the game. They keep mist contended and obliterate doorbreakers.

A good person on treb can also give your team control over capturing supply at mid, but not many players can aim the treb that well.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Stronghold has been a blast. Maybe when it returns we can get some stronghold related achievements? (winning ranked games, unlocking mist ham pions, etc….)

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: antichecker.1675

antichecker.1675

Let me put it this way. I spend quite some money in this game. Lets just say the sum of all is 4 digits. So if you think GW2 is all f2p and the devs are working for free, you couldn’t be more worng. They actually gain a lot of profit from the Gem Store. And that is perfectly fine. I enjoy the game and like to support the development of it. But think about it, if in worst case some bugs would cause all players who ever spend in this game, to be upset with it at the exact same time and they would stop playing. Your totally “free” content would have no more budget and you could keep ur free subscription without new legs, new rais or anything besides cosmetical.
So yes, even if it is f2p, customer happyness is something crucial.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I hope you aren’t referring to Courtyard as a good map and Capricorn was removed because the didn’t like underwater combat.

I am, Courtyard was a real good map that was strictly about fighting and without stand in circle stuff or PvE stuff like Stronghold.

It should have been bigger, and there should be more team deathmatch maps like it.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

I am, Courtyard was a real good map that was strictly about fighting and without stand in circle stuff or PvE stuff like Stronghold.

It should have been bigger, and there should be more team deathmatch maps like it.

the format/scoring for TDM needs work as it was too easy to snowball the match, but the map itself was good

capricorn was removed due to huge issues in underwater fighting that hopefully one day will be addressed by Anet, but is no where near a priority for them currently

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

You have to applaud Anet for taking action on this.

However, bunker mesmers and condi revenants are clearly corrupting PvP even more than an isolated issue on just one map.

Why can’t those things be addressed instead of waiting until the season is over. Is there any doubt about bunker mesmers? Why make people suffer through an entire season and have corrupted results when obvious tweaks can be made right now???

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

the format/scoring for TDM needs work as it was too easy to snowball the match, but the map itself was good

capricorn was removed due to huge issues in underwater fighting that hopefully one day will be addressed by Anet, but is no where near a priority for them currently

I think that if TDM was made Annihilation instead, and the res skills in the game were modified to be able to res dead allies instead of just downed, then it would be a cool format.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Courtyard was a good map, had some of my best fights on that one. For Capricorn perhaps they could have just adjusted it a bit, taken out the water? Even with water it was still better than skyhammer.

But at least we have stronghold (well when it comes back).

in PvP

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Remember when they said Stronghold was a feature of the expansion? Ha!

in PvP

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

3 days later and we’ve got no word on this yet? What is going on here? Why no word on if it’ll be patched tomorrow, or if it’s something that will take longer or what? I’m very concerned and this game mode is 1000% better than Conquest and my new favorite far before HoT thanks to the betas. I need my Stronghold fix. Please, fix it for my fix. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Today i got bonus mission on stronghold for my guild, when will we be able to get our comendations? Also We got pve challenge mission again(the one that is bugged) so SAD WEEK now.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Is it back yet? My life feels hollow playing conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

can you temporarily disable revenant? IMHO much more gamebreaking than a stealth bug in a 2nd tier game-mode.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

can you temporarily disable revenant? IMHO much more gamebreaking than a stealth bug in a 2nd tier game-mode.

…and Chronomancer.

in PvP

Yasha.5963

That would be nice, except we are talking about stronghold not conquest (ie 2nd tier game mode).

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Oh wow people actually played this beyond the beta testing times?

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Let me put it this way. I spend quite some money in this game. Lets just say the sum of all is 4 digits. So if you think GW2 is all f2p and the devs are working for free, you couldn’t be more worng. They actually gain a lot of profit from the Gem Store. And that is perfectly fine. I enjoy the game and like to support the development of it. But think about it, if in worst case some bugs would cause all players who ever spend in this game, to be upset with it at the exact same time and they would stop playing. Your totally “free” content would have no more budget and you could keep ur free subscription without new legs, new rais or anything besides cosmetical.
So yes, even if it is f2p, customer happyness is something crucial.

Apparently you somehow think that I believe that this is all “free”. Of course they make money, of course they do, otherwise the servers would have been shut down ages ago. Personally, I’ve spent more money on this game than I did on my WoW subscription and I think it’s money well spent. I like supporting the game through the gemstore.

Back when I was playing WoW if the servers were unstable for a long time Blizzard would add a day or two to your subscription, because people were paying a subscription to a game without being able to actually play it. That made perfect sense, here you’re not paying a subscription and the game is still up, they just disabled one of the sPvP modes because of a game-breaking bug. The rest of the game is running fine so what do you think would be suitable compensation for players in a game without subscription fees?

Personally, I think the idea of them giving anyone compensation over something like this is ludicrous. A game mode being down for a while isn’t likely to drive anyone away unless they were planning on leaving anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Badfish.9230

Badfish.9230

Bring Back Stronghold already please. Conquest is a lame zerg fest compared to Stronghold. Pretty please turn it back on.

in PvP

Posted by: Badfish.9230

Badfish.9230

Bump, can we please get this fixed or at least get an update. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Any time we get back this mode that isn’t half as bad as conquest in this kittened meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I’m bored of conquest, can we stronghold again?

in PvP

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

Will Arenanet offers some kind of compensation for this?

:D

The aggrieved party demands restitution!

:D

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Any updates on when Stronghold will be back?

Every conquest match I hate this bunker bunker meta bunker bunker even bunker bunker more bunker bunker than bunker bunker I bunker bunker already bunker bunker do bunker bunker.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

So…. Is this a more difficult problem to solve than we might have expected? Is the gamemode coming back any time soon?

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in PvP

Posted by: tanmiro.5918

tanmiro.5918

while you at it.. fix the mmr and report system.. becouse u do nothing about it and constantly there are players afk and leaving without any punishmant at all… 12-13 min ban ? this is bulkitten….

in PvP

Posted by: BurningHeavy.7268

BurningHeavy.7268

Just turn champion dawn into a 5cp push pull map. Then people might not hate it.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

So…. Is this a more difficult problem to solve than we might have expected? Is the gamemode coming back any time soon?

Coding wise; it’s easier to fix something not happening, it’s a nightmare incarnate to fix something that is always happening.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Well that explains why I didn’t want to reward track grind yesterday.

Good to know, I’ll wait for the one decent thing in PvP to come back.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I’ve feeling they disabled Stronghold just to force huge part of community to Conquest, you know entire Guild Challenger ladder was supposed to be Conquest thing, but it can’t work if guild teams play Stronghold instead of Conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

I’ve feeling they disabled Stronghold just to force huge part of community to Conquest, you know entire Guild Challenger ladder was supposed to be Conquest thing, but it can’t work if guild teams play Stronghold instead of Conquest.

It’s obvious at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: Zargoon.9835

Zargoon.9835

Any progress on this? Would really like to play stronghold again.

in PvP

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

When stronghold coming back? conquest is as boring as watching paint dry,

Whole reason I came back to GW2 and got xpac was to play Stronghold.

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

A week later it’s still disabled. LOL. Anet do your devs even work? No balance, no hotfixing, no bugfixing, WHAT DO YOUR DEVS DO?

Last of the Red Hot Swamis