Stronghold and the timer

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Pretty much every stronghold match I’ve ever run has ended in a timeout.

These matches should never end by a timer. Ever. EVER.

Do the GvG thing and have the lords become open and march towards the center after 15/30 minutes.

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

What? Haven’t you noticed that this mode is about team fights at Mist Essences? ;-)

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

I have played a lot of SH and at least half games end in Lord finish. Timer games are fine, means the game was close.

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

I have played a lot of SH and at least half games end in Lord finish. Timer games are fine, means the game was close.

It gives cheap ways to win for teams running stall tactics. Stronghold isn’t like Conquest, the numbers on top aren’t how much you’re winning, it’s how much further into the enemies base you are (and a few other things). Until a Lord is dead, the match should be fair game.

I think it’s a basic flaw with how the match seems to be portrayed in, a sequel/alternative to Conquest rather than an actual new game mode. The 15 minute timer on Conquest makes sense because points are the end-all be-all of that mode and you win and lose based on your points. Stronghold doesn’t follow that rule at all, so having the game end based on your points rather than an actual Lord being slayed (which is the goal of the match to begin with) seems like an arbitrary way to finish a match.

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

It’s like boxing – you can win with a knockout or by points. Or MMA, where you can win with submissions too.

I think it’s more interesting when there are several ways to win, it gives more variety in the kinds of team builds that are viable.

Having a fixed time limit also makes it easier to schedule tournaments and play sessions.

If you want to argue for a longer time limit though, I’m not against that.

Sure, you might think winning with a knockout is the only valid way to win, but I’ll bet most would agree that boxing/MMA is more interesting and skillful when the other win conditions also exist.

(edited by Rieselle.5079)

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I have litterally never seen a match make it to time out lord dies everytime i play stronghold..maybe its just me but usually i see the opposite one team wins fairly fast (wins all the supply from mid in begining and starts full push putting the opposite team immediately on the defensive)

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Stronghold and the timer

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

IMO, the only change on score I wish they would make is to grant points for killing a mist champion.