Stronghold feedback by a long time pvp player

in PvP

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Just make it seperate game modes… 15mins fast paced games are more than fine for soloq and pugging, but in such game mode it’s just not close to being competitive as it currently stands. There should be no way that a team loses out on a lord fight within 15 mins if they are just slightly less good than the team they are facing with the current setup so games will always just end up in 15 mins games and just getting as many points as possible to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Vod mechanic resolves all that.

Also lords and such health should regenerate out of combat. If you defend a push it should be rewarded as such. Silly to have npc’s health not recover when nothing hits them. This way its a fair battle at VoD.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Also lords and such health should regenerate out of combat. If you defend a push it should be rewarded as such. Silly to have npc’s health not recover when nothing hits them. This way its a fair battle at VoD.

I actually like it doesn’t regenerate. You can just push lord in 2 and then fail because 5 people zerged you over, they’re not going to be punished for ariving last minute if it will regenerate out of combat. You can still heal it up, though. If it was indeed the VoD case, then it would regenerate right before switching to that mode.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

If they actually did listen to the majority of pvp community and adjusted the map, so it’s more efficient to play the map as a pvp map and not a new dungeon, the timer would need to be higher

You don’t have to increase the time limit to make this happen. One easy fix is making it harder for players to kill enemy guards and buffing Archers.

You said it yourself. It would mean there would be less time to kill the lord and more games going to timer if it stayed 15 minutes.

Your argument ‘it has to stay 15 minutes because I have work irl’ just doesn’t go along with this game mode, I’m sorry.

No, I never said it should go to timer. If you read my post, you’d know that I said I RARELY had it go to timer and didn’t understand how others were having this issue. You also admitted to not understanding how it goes to timer when coordinated teams are playing with dps builds. I agree with you. The majority of my games were with a 5 person team on ts, and I won probably 80-90% of my matches.

You can keep saying this is my entire argument all you want (lol), but like I and others have listed, there are PLENTY issues why increasing the time would be not advantageous to the game type. Being that this is gw2, if you want to bring more players into the format, increasing the time limit is simply not one of the first changes you need to make.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

MailMail.6534

All classes have the ability to spec for healing. I encountered some teams that utilized this nicely and threw me for a loop by keeping their Lord healed and buffed in between pushes. How viable this strategy would be idk, but I happen to like that the Lord doesn’t regenerate health.

Both teams can see the health bars of each Lord at the top of the screen. This helped to make the matches that much more intense in between pushes.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

If they actually did listen to the majority of pvp community and adjusted the map, so it’s more efficient to play the map as a pvp map and not a new dungeon, the timer would need to be higher

You don’t have to increase the time limit to make this happen. One easy fix is making it harder for players to kill enemy guards and buffing Archers.

You said it yourself. It would mean there would be less time to kill the lord and more games going to timer if it stayed 15 minutes.

Your argument ‘it has to stay 15 minutes because I have work irl’ just doesn’t go along with this game mode, I’m sorry.

No, I never said it should go to timer. If you read my post, you’d know that I said I RARELY had it go to timer and didn’t understand how others were having this issue. You also admitted to not understanding how it goes to timer when coordinated teams are playing with dps builds. I agree with you. The majority of my games were with a 5 person team on ts, and I won probably 80-90% of my matches.

You can keep saying this is my entire argument all you want (lol), but like I and others have listed, there are PLENTY issues why increasing the time would be not advantageous to the game type. Being that this is gw2, if you want to bring more players into the format, increasing the time limit is simply not one of the first changes you need to make.

Your reply makes no senesce. I didn’t say a word about YOUR experience. You say the solution would be buffing archers and making guards harder to kill. Try to follow here. If you spend more time killing npc’s before you get to lord room and timer stays the same, you will have less time to kill the lord. It’s pretty much just logic, nothing else. I never said anything about dps coordinated teams in repyling to you. I said that organized teams, assuming they have enough DPS, are very likely to kill the lord short into the game because at ITS CURRENT STATE it does not promote meaningful pvp experience but a pve speed clear. So your argument is?

Yes, and others feel like the timer should be longer, we could go and make a poll to try figure out if there is more people like you or me but the fact stays that some people feel it should be longer and some feel it should be 15 minutes. It’s still not any argument. And it’s actually what you said in other thread.

You keep saying it would bring many issues but you haven’t really stated any specifically.

If you played other games like DotA, you would know the games can go up to an hour and there is WAY more people playing it. So maybe it would discourage the people who just want to farm games but bring other ones interested in fun games and pvp experience. I call that a win.

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

All classes have the ability to spec for healing.

I’m not gonna shoutheal a lord… but then again I could just get an ele or engi to regen him. Duely noted.

EDIT… forgot banner … can do banner regen

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in PvP

MailMail.6534

If you spend more time killing npc’s before you get to lord room and timer stays the same, you will have less time to kill the lord. It’s pretty much just logic, nothing else. I never said anything about dps coordinated teams in repyling to you. I said that organized teams, assuming they have enough DPS, are very likely to kill the lord short into the game

You are forgetting that there are different issues at play here. If Archers were buffed and functioned like intended, you wouldn’t need to spend as much time killing enemy guards yourself. More time could be spent summoning heroes and stockpiling supply which is where the most pvp occurs outside of Lord fights. I know you didn’t say anything about coordinated teams in response to me, but it applies, because you’re singularity focused on increasing the play time when imo I don’t think it’s necessary when you fix other issues.

You keep saying it would bring many issues but you haven’t really stated any specifically.

Actually I did, and so has Rising Dusk. You plainly disagreed with our reasoning. I don’t see a point in going back and forth comment for comment (though I could go back and dissect your last reply on the first page) if there’s no further understanding to be had. It’s good enough to have both opinions out there to be viewed & commented on by others.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Timer should be 25-30 minutes, it’s not such a big commitment.

I’d much rather play 3 good games a day than 6 mediocre games ended by timer

in PvP

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Or just don’t have a timer and adjust the game mode so dieing is actually something bad. currently it’s not that bad if you die in the enemy base, because you just hold up enemies doing other stuff and before they got to the supply or other objectives you already respawned and got there too. It’s not like that once you whipe a team or kill 3/5 that you can make an epic comeback late into the game.
Currently it just promotes the team that just rushes from the getgo. If you succes getting the first door down and kill 2 people you basically won for the most part of the game. Just watch how easy Five Gauge won some games by just rushing. There’s no real comeback potential once you fail to defend the first enemy push. After that it’s kinda just a big snowball for the attacking team by constant pushing.

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m not a huge fan of VoD for the following reason:

Let’s say you push through both of the enemy’s gates and they get through none of yours, but you cannot kill their lord before VoD. Now they all walk out and your enemy gets a free shot at your lord even though you were ahead the whole game. I dislike the idea that your work up to VoD doesn’t matter, and at that point it comes down to a zerg battle between teams and all NPCs.

I still think the best solution would be to make adjustments such that games almost always end by lord kill and leave both the game duration and the timer game-ending rules alone. The optimal way to do this is to additionally make player kills matter more. Maybe when you kill a player, your whole team gains 1 supply without having to pick anything up, enabling you to push harder in the wake of their death. There are a lot of good options here.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Imo I think stronghold needs some early game jousts where your always trying to push another player to retreat. I think the fact we do not have this is the reason why ppl are constantly on about fighting AI.

Also there’s very little punishment to overextending unless yuo run into a enemy group away from a push.

I very much prefer this over conquest, but that’s mostly because I don’t like conquest :\ …

I think we really need more play between players and let the match just play out longer.
Scrap the timer and just let the pace of the game determine the time. And if short games are a factor design the map so it doesn’t last to long or at least give an abundant but max timer that resolves stalemates

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

I’m not a huge fan of VoD for the following reason:

Let’s say you push through both of the enemy’s gates and they get through none of yours, but you cannot kill their lord before VoD. Now they all walk out and your enemy gets a free shot at your lord even though you were ahead the whole game. I dislike the idea that your work up to VoD doesn’t matter, and at that point it comes down to a zerg battle between teams and all NPCs.

I still think the best solution would be to make adjustments such that games almost always end by lord kill and leave both the game duration and the timer game-ending rules alone. The optimal way to do this is to additionally make player kills matter more. Maybe when you kill a player, your whole team gains 1 supply without having to pick anything up, enabling you to push harder in the wake of their death. There are a lot of good options here.

you missed the fact that i suggest a 20% damage buff for the team with more points so no, your effort won’t go to waste.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

I personally feel like the map was too slow paced from normal PvP. Like everything was moving at a snails pace even though there was so much available to do, it was rather a slow thing.

The trebs seemed useless.