Stronghold impressions.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

The goal of Stronghold it seems is to take supply chain management concepts of WvW and make them more dependent on NPC.s and provide this on a much smaller scale than WvW and in a structured PvP format.

As it is in beta it’s a little too complex for new players to grasp the goals without impacting their team mates. The worst about it though is that it’s just not all that fun. I really like Conquest although I haven’t played much of it I immediately understand the objectives. WvW I’ve done more of and again things are pretty clear. I was also very involved in GvG in GW1. I really think Stronghold could have been better designed and is overall a big letdown.

Since Guild Halls are coming, please consider bringing back GvG

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i think the matches are just too long. i just want to be able to get in and out and battle. these 15 mins+ w/ queues just makes me want to zzzzzzzz so boring

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I don’t like stronghold, the first day it was out during beta play a few months ago people were aggrivated at new players playing it for the first time and not knowing what to do. So my first impression of it was ‘even though this is a new pvp mode concept you need to already be pro at it’ which makes little to no sense. I rather just play regular matches.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

The game does explain what is excepted on the map, I guess it could mention where to use the supplies but other then that, the goals are lay right out for all.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I don’t like it either.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I like it. Which is all that matters to me.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: lyrical fire.6458

lyrical fire.6458

I felt that there was a lot of information that wasn’t apparent to a new player – starting out with 1 supply, where the archers would go, when the mists heroes would appear, how the mist heroes’ skills are balanced relative to the life of players and other NPCs. I did not get to the point where I felt that I knew how I could improve my performance by playing further rounds of stronghold.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Stronghold def require more from the players, but i dont see the incentive since it’s just too time consuming (the risk of i pugs at least) compared to conquest – where rewards are similar.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

The goal of Stronghold it seems is to take supply chain management concepts of WvW and make them more dependent on NPC.s and provide this on a much smaller scale than WvW and in a structured PvP format.

As it is in beta it’s a little too complex for new players to grasp the goals without impacting their team mates. The worst about it though is that it’s just not all that fun. I really like Conquest although I haven’t played much of it I immediately understand the objectives. WvW I’ve done more of and again things are pretty clear. I was also very involved in GvG in GW1. I really think Stronghold could have been better designed and is overall a big letdown.

Since Guild Halls are coming, please consider bringing back GvG

i think that all we will die with this hope ( bring back gvg)

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I like Stronghold.

I think about it in other way – it’s too simple and plain, rough at edges. Wouldn’t mind more mechanics or more advanced NPCs/defenders options down the line

I would also be interested in how would it work if there was both lanes push, not just 1.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I would also be interested in how would it work if there was both lanes push, not just 1.

Well, it would take ages fo finish a game, I can tell you that much :)

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Stronghoald is worst version of Moba i ever played !

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I feel like I need to put in a good word for Stronghold considering what a blast I had playing it. It was almost the only thing I did during the entire weekend and though it’s not perfect I enjoyed myself immensely.
Yes, it is a bit hard to get into as it’s quite a lot of stuff going on and you really need good map awareness. The fact that it requires more team coordination that conquest makes it a bit difficult to play with a random team if you don’t have good communication.
But once you get into it and get a team that knows how to use the chat I think that it is absolutely amazing. The constant dilemma if you should focus on defense, attack or on getting supply (or channeling heroes) forces you to make split-second choices and when those pay off it feels amazing. I feel that the gamemode leaves a lot of room for strategic play and makes it quite clear when you make mistakes. I really like the excitement of abandoning defense completely to try to rush your enemy’s lord.
What makes it very difficult for new players might the the vital importance of the outer gate. If you’re not an experienced defender you gate might be broken very quickly, and once the first gate is down it’s just downhill from there.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I actually enjoyed the new map, I didn’t try it the first time we had access to it, but I did this weekend,

I’ll agree that the first time I entered it I was lost, but it doesn’t take long to work out how to play it, whats enjoyable is that it actually requires teamwork, and not just zerging around the map, which I see way to much in PvP matches now.

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

My Staff ele just loved playing defense in Stronghold. “You shall not pass!”

Seriously though, the game mode is pretty great and while it takes a bit more teamwork to get done right, winning feels really good. More Stronghold please! <3

Sylvari for life. <3

Stronghold impressions.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Yes, Stronghold does get tiring fast. Easy to exploit & gets boring after a few hours of playing. & thats For ever! Pvp does need new maps (non conquest for rank) & game mode options (4free). New maps don’t need to be to elaborated or super complex. Sometimes the Kiss philosophy is the best. (Keep It Stupid Simple.) But Imagine 6 new maps out of 10…that you can change the game mode just by clicking on a check box. From the basics like conquest or steal the flag & others, You can check box & costamise your maps. Make it GvG, or XvsY number of players. & ect… This is where Pvp should go. Where players get to choose the way the map works. As for Ranked & Unranked, well the options would be pre-made by Anet.