Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Stronghold open beta 14april

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

YAAAAAAAY!

I strongly hope they will extend that period, I’m so excited for this new game-mode, it makes my GW1 GvG-heart tingle! ^^’

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

inb4 a lot of turrets…..

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

inb4 a lot of turrets…..

I dislike answering such a pointless whiny post, but IMHO, turrets will be less of a problem (I have no prob with them whatsoever, but it seems like a lot of ppl do) in stronghold: There should be more mobile gameplay than static pointguarding and for the few static battles, I think the treb should help.

in PvP

pelle ossa.9705

inb4 a lot of turrets…..

I dislike answering such a pointless whiny post, but IMHO, turrets will be less of a problem (I have no prob with them whatsoever, but it seems like a lot of ppl do) in stronghold: There should be more mobile gameplay than static pointguarding and for the few static battles, I think the treb should help.

turret on supply spawn and crate on lord , gg

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

inb4 a lot of turrets…..

Treb hits supply point easy and turrets won ‘t be able to survive that. As for crate on the lord, the lord and his posse are elites and a legendary. They’re more than capable of taking out a few turrets.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

pelle ossa.9705

inb4 a lot of turrets…..

Treb hits supply point easy and turrets won ‘t be able to survive that. As for crate on the lord, the lord and his posse are elites and a legendary. They’re more than capable of taking out a few turrets.

you can destroy treb….

we will see….

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

The hype is becoming a bit overwhelming right now, I must confess.

in PvP

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I’m excited have they told us what size the teams will be?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Looking forward to this beta.

Turrent Engineers, imo, won’t be a problem.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

I’m excited have they told us what size the teams will be?

Five. It’s in the unranked map rotation.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

im gonna instant lord rush.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Better here than on Foefire I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Gamemode designed for cancer specs inc ^^

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

you can’t….. you need the doorbreakers to destroy the doors first…..

in PvP

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

well, i think i know what i’ll be doing on tuesday

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If these games ever go to time then it is a total fail. And I mean EVER. If they want a 15 minute time level they need to make npcs progressively stronger to ensure the game finishes.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Tempting to take a PTO day on Tuesday…

Totally looking forward to this.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

If these games ever go to time then it is a total fail. And I mean EVER. If they want a 15 minute time level they need to make npcs progressively stronger to ensure the game finishes.

It already happened on the showcase match. I think it’ll happen a lot. We’ll see. A timer is always bad, in any circumstance.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It already happened on the showcase match. I think it’ll happen a lot. We’ll see. A timer is always bad, in any circumstance.

The feeling of working towards an objective in an objective-based game mode and then suddenly your whole plan goes out of the window and the timer ends and its like gg you won/lost even though the game didnt end (the objective wasnt reached or obtained). That alone is enough to kill this game mode. The demoralising feeling when this happens will be so large for casuals and serious players alike.

I predict this game mode will go the way of skyhammer for this reason amongst others.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I am excited for this. I am not too concerned about turrets, but hope this is a chance to test out other potential cheese (permastealth thieves, p/d thieves, PU mesmer, etc) and highlight some of the stuff that conquest mechanics keep at bay.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

HYPE I am so excited!

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I’m gonna ready up my pew pew ranger and rekk hovic.
No more silly conquest that favors celestial aoe bomber.

Also things like turret probably will become quite trashy in the new mode. (Yes they can set turret on door camp the door breaker, but at least now you don’t have to kill the turreter to stop them, you can simply just destroy turrets )

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

So excited for this

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So Hyped!

in PvP

Posted by: Quint.3765

Quint.3765

the map would be cool if there wasn’t any PvE content in the map and only pure “PvP skills” in the maps. But no Anet always have to put PvE content for the casuals players.

in PvP

Gobble D Goop.4081

i can see turret engi as having a place in this. Could use treb and deploy turrets there to “defend” himself.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

the map would be cool if there wasn’t any PvE content in the map and only pure “PvP skills” in the maps. But no Anet always have to put PvE content for the casuals players.

Courtyard

Excited for this.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Courtyard

Excited for this.

Yep pure “PvP” is Courtyard that would tell you a lot of skills if they didn’t took so long to implement it and didn’t implement it wrong.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

The feeling of working towards an objective in an objective-based game mode and then suddenly your whole plan goes out of the window and the timer ends and its like gg you won/lost even though the game didnt end (the objective wasnt reached or obtained). That alone is enough to kill this game mode. The demoralising feeling when this happens will be so large for casuals and serious players alike.

I predict this game mode will go the way of skyhammer for this reason amongst others.

jeez, the mode has been played by a handful of players and isn’t even in beta-state yet and you already write stuff like that? Your brain goes to dark places very soon.

If the open beta is to gather information and feedback, which I assume, then they’ll probably realize that as well.

Skyhammer is completely different: it’s designed to be a fun map that shouldn’t be taken seriously and is heavily imbalanced in favour of certain classes – everyone knows that and ANet wants to leave it that way. I don’t think they want Stronghold to be a fun little game-mode but the new competetive mode for GW2, so I wouldn’t worry about stuff like that…. at least for another few days.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

What a shame I won’t be able to participate! Killing Floor 2 beta doesn’t end until the 16th!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

jeez, the mode has been played by a handful of players and isn’t even in beta-state yet and you already write stuff like that? Your brain goes to dark places very soon.

If the open beta is to gather information and feedback, which I assume, then they’ll probably realize that as well.

Skyhammer is completely different: it’s designed to be a fun map that shouldn’t be taken seriously and is heavily imbalanced in favour of certain classes – everyone knows that and ANet wants to leave it that way. I don’t think they want Stronghold to be a fun little game-mode but the new competetive mode for GW2, so I wouldn’t worry about stuff like that…. at least for another few days.

We agree. But at this point in time we’ve seen the timer happening and the fact that its planned to be in the same queue. So our early feedback is: work around the timer + give it its own queue to be a proper gamemode.

We’ll see how it goes tuesday.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If you want to play kill other players, go play practice or courtyard or even join a Zerg vs Zerg oops I mean GvG, not everybody needs to be subjugated to those terrible modes.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Quint.3765

Quint.3765

Courtyard

Excited for this.

Courtyard is really badly design and it is a snowball map where making a comeback is pretty hard. What i would like to see are maps that dont have “PvE” stuff to help your team. In that way i think that the fights will be more based on individuals and team synergy skills instead of using a skyhammer or a trebuchet to help your team win.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

We agree. But at this point in time we’ve seen the timer happening and the fact that its planned to be in the same queue. So our early feedback is: work around the timer + give it its own queue to be a proper gamemode.

We’ll see how it goes tuesday.

I can 100% agree with those statements, but Lordrosicky went way beyond that. ^^’

Maybe the timer and the non-seperate queue are simply because of logistical stuff for the beta, at least thats my take on this.

I have no doubt that the mode will have it’s own queue when it’s properly finished and that canges on the timer might very well happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Courtyard

Excited for this.

Courtyard is really badly design and it is a snowball map where making a comeback is pretty hard. What i would like to see are maps that dont have “PvE” stuff to help your team. In that way i think that the fights will be more based on individuals and team synergy skills instead of using a skyhammer or a trebuchet to help your team win.

I’m not trying to be rude, but this still sounds like courtyard to me. Teamwork and synergy are really important there. If your team can’t recover from one death, then perhaps it’s a problem with the team instead of the map/mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Next

Really excited for everyone to try out stronghold and give me feedback. See you in game everyone!

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

Really excited for everyone to try out stronghold and give me feedback. See you in game everyone!

I will be there with bells on!

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

You are a wise man, sir.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Will we be able to play as a Revenant during this beta?

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

On the very same day GTA V launches on pc? Not a very smart move :/ A lot of people in here will participate but as for players who left and for whom ANet could potentially generate some kind of interest, this will kinda fall short.
Not saying open beta is bad, just that the date could’ve been chosen better (marketing wise).

in PvP

Gobble D Goop.4081

Will we be able to play as a Revenant during this beta?

it doesnt look like that will be an option. It might still give progress toward reward tracks though since it is in the unranked que (as the only map choice from the looks of the post).

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

I’m looking forward to winning a few games before the community catches on and starts shreking me.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

On the very same day GTA V launches on pc? Not a very smart move :/ A lot of people in here will participate but as for players who left and for whom ANet could potentially generate some kind of interest, this will kinda fall short.
Not saying open beta is bad, just that the date could’ve been chosen better (marketing wise).

Agreed. It being a Tuesday seriously limits my and a lot of workerbees’ ability to participate. If this were a Saturday or Sunday you could be certain you’d see a lot more activity.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Looks amazing guys!

We will try to organize some people and run early tests for both builds and tactics we’ve already thought out in guild. If someone is up for a little testing and fun, make sure to message me!

See you on Tuesday.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Why?

I guess the world should stop function because GTA a game that has been out for months is finally coming to the PC? I doubt GTA is as big on the PC as on the console anyways.

Take a deep breath, this is probably just one of many test. If you miss it, it isn’t the end of the world life will go on. They will be other test for you to get your opinion on.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Agreed. It being a Tuesday seriously limits my and a lot of workerbees’ ability to participate. If this were a Saturday or Sunday you could be certain you’d see a lot more activity.

But if it was on a weekend, when the anemic numbers came in they’d have to admit a lack of interest.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I agree, probably it would be better push it on weekend instead of tuesday

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Take a deep breath, this is probably just one of many test. If you miss it, it isn’t the end of the world life will go on. They will be other test for you to get your opinion on.

Love your assumptions and condescending tone. I already played GTA on ps4 ages ago and have ample time to test out the new mode on tuesday.

What I’m saying is: from a PR perspective it would have been better to try and also target previous players by going with a day that isn’t also the release date of one of the biggest and best selling blockbusters in gaming history for PC. It doesn’t matter that many people already played it – that release just overshadows the comperatively small GW2 beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Kind of annoyed that we have to vote for it…will it be available in custom arenas?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]