Stronghold or Conquest?

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

Posted by: MiGFiD.1760

MiGFiD.1760

Which one do you prefer?

I prefer stronghold because it’s not so much a clusterkitten than its counterpart. I think that GW2’s pvp is a problem of too many cooks.

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Stronghold but i would prefer TDM. Circle dancing conq maps are non competitive and have no reason being in ranked. But since anet wasted 5 years on circle dancing maps, nothing will change. We will be forced to dance in circles in “ranked” play.

lol @ Deadeye spec. Silly anet devs. They really think teef players are willing to give up their speed of bow #5 in circle dancing conq maps? hahaha Rifle and bow teef doesn’t sound like a meta build so its either speed or mega range damage. I hear the complaining now of “Noo a dead eye! switch to teef!” in circle dancing maps

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Which one do you prefer?

I prefer stronghold because it’s not so much a clusterkitten than its counterpart.

Fight as a Zerg and the best Zerg will win almost everytime. It’s why the first TDM Courtyard wasn’t as popular even though I loved it. Except with Conquest, zerging only gets you so far.

People who continuously complain about the game mode, simply don’t understand the strategies involved. It’s why players Zerg in two’s or threes because they literally don’t know how or when to rotate to other points.

If you want something strategic and competitive, stick with Unranked Conquest and manage your class in 1v1 dueling servers until you’re good enough for Ranked. If you want something new with little to no progressive goals, go Stronghold.

Add seasonal 2v2 queues Anet!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Which one do you prefer?

I prefer stronghold because it’s not so much a clusterkitten than its counterpart.

People who continuously complain about the game mode, simply don’t understand the strategies involved. It’s why players Zerg in two’s or threes because they literally don’t know how or when to rotate to other points.

Lol that is a joke. You can have 3 great players but with just 2 random pugs or even 1 bad pug tossed on your team and it’s over. Conq can’t be competitive by it’s game play style. There is no way to make it competitive even if you make a rules list for rotation, that’s just your opinion.

5 Years in and still each game requires a teef to do running. Once you get to where a single class is required for a map. By means of nothing else but running around with bow #5. That is not skill no matter how hard you try to say it is, and being a huge part of it takes away the competitive nature of the game where you fight not run.

It’s never been a rotation issue it has been a map style issue. With the Correct TDM maps like gw1. pvp wouldn’t be this sad state that it’s in.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

MiGFiD.1760

Which one do you prefer?

Fight as a Zerg and the best Zerg will win almost everytime. It’s why the first TDM Courtyard wasn’t as popular even though I loved it. Except with Conquest, zerging only gets you so far.

If you want something strategic and competitive, stick with Unranked Conquest and manage your class in 1v1 dueling servers until you’re good enough for Ranked. If you want something new with little to no progressive goals, go Stronghold.

Add seasonal 2v2 queues Anet!

What are these strategies? Any link to read them?

I wouldn’t call Stronghold a game mode with “little to no progressive goals”, but just a different game mode that prioritizes its own type of tactics. Defense for example: I can kill their npcs, ambush other players attacking, defend the stockpiles in the middle courtyard, steal mist essence or support allies taking it, or heal the lord.

I like it because it’s not all about who has the best meta build for this or that season, but it focuses on what you can do in the game. It doesn’t feel like a linear game mode like conquest; there’s more ways to help the team rather than having the best build.

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

MiGFiD.1760

Which one do you prefer?

Lol that is a joke. You can have 3 great players but with just 2 random pugs or even 1 bad pug tossed on your team and it’s over. Conq can’t be competitive by it’s game play style. There is no way to make it competitive even if you make a rules list for rotation, that’s just your opinion.

5 Years in and still each game requires a teef to do running. Once you get to where a single class is required for a map. By means of nothing else but running around with bow #5. That is not skill no matter how hard you try to say it is, and being a huge part of it takes away the competitive nature of the game where you fight not run.

It’s never been a rotation issue it has been a map style issue. With the Correct TDM maps like gw1. pvp wouldn’t be this sad state that it’s in.

Oh man do I miss GW1’s random arena. The classes felt like their intended class.

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Anything can be competitive lol.

Stronghold or Conquest?

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Anything can be competitive lol.

impossible! if i’ve learnt anything these past 5 years, its that 5v5 conquest is the ONLY type of competitive pvp that can work. obviously