Stronghold queue time feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Hello PvP team, this is a beaten topic, so I’ll get straight to it: I only play Stronghold and never had problems getting a match until now. Even in Sapphire queues were bellow 10min, solo, duo or in full 5 people team. Unfortunately yesterday I perceived a steep increase when I jumped from Ruby T6 to Diamond T1. That one single pipe of difference made queue time shoot from average 12min to 30min!

The following screen shot is from the queue I gave up, right after reaching Diamond, right in peak daily reset time. If by any chance you guys don’t monitor queue times that never get matched, please consider doing so. After all, if a player only has 1 hour a day to play and has to spend it’s majority hanging out at HoM waiting for matches, at some point he will just give up and stop all together. (I really would like to see the free-roam in Tyria back in place.)

Thank you, see you in the battle field!

Attachments:

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The challenge for you will be that top players don’t really queue into stronghold much. That means as you climb the ladder there you will face less and less available opponents.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I kept going against teams that just outclassed ours on average (my team kept dying 1v1 at mid) so I queued for stronghold. I got a 5 minute queue once then bailed because at that point the matchmaker is setting up a bloodbath not likely in your favor then I queued again for seven minutes and again left. Now I’m just kinda chilling unqueued in the mist then will play some Street Fighter for a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

style, you are right. My point was that coming from ruby to diamond immediately skyrocketed the queue times. But then might be more interesting to increase the range of matchmaking for Stronghold, to compensate the lack of players.

I would like to give an update on this status: Solo/Duo queuing has been better (probably because more people reached diamond now), around 15min average, but today I had a very bad experience after 2x 40min queuing. We were 5, after the first 40min someone had to go. After another 40+min the party was gone…. Had 2 hours to play, most of it spent sitting and waiting, not fun. =(

My friend made a suggestion: Allow us to see how many players are queuing on that mode, so we can have an idea if we’re not getting a match because there are no players or just division matchmaking. That way we can make an informed decision between going unranked or keeping our hopes high.

Thank you, see you in the battle field!

Attachments:

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Sometimes I feel really bad for Anet that they spent a lot of time developing this new PvP gamemode but then completely left it behind w/o enough polishing, balancing and advertising.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Sometimes I feel really bad for Anet that they spent a lot of time developing this new PvP gamemode but then completely left it behind w/o enough polishing, balancing and advertising.

Everything should be brought up to thief’s skill floor and ceiling and if that means gutting AoE and conditions drastically then so be it.

As for stronghold trebs are way OP and creeps are way too important there. Nothing wrong with creeps per se but their durability needs increasing and trebs and guards having a massive damage nerf vs. them. Champion summons are a step in the right direction somewhat but they don’t seem to add too much apart from stealth or condition curing.

Some positives of stronghold:

-Doesn’t involve holding nodes so you can kite for as long as you want, making low mobility class’ weakness count more (though traps and minions still mitigate that somewhat so a negative there)

-Red Lord is one of the coolest characters in the game.

-Umm…Tybalt?

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For myself, I’ve always averaged 2 or 3 matches an hour playing Stronghold. The queue for me was always long and last week right before a massive tilt, I hit the 30 minute queue too. Those Q’s and the tilt stopped me from playing for now. So I believe many have simply left sPvP until next season.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

You have a chance. When they delete that Boring Tanking Stacking Outdated !Conquest!