Struggling players - record your gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

For some of us, the ranked queue button may as well say “match me with the challenged”. You can’t control what the matchmaker gives you; some games you might get god’s gift to pvp, and the next game you may as well have been matched with a toddler on a unicycle.

But there is one thing, one variable you can control – your own gameplay. Sometimes you are just too frustrated with your teammates to see your own mistakes; mental exhaustion due to perceived mistakes does do that to you.

Consider this thread.

The OP had repeatedly expressed dissatisfaction with his teammates, to the point he was convinced that he was doing nothing wrong, and to prove his point, he put up a video , which, quite frankly, as quoted by “new players are cancer”: some of the worst gameplay i’ve ever watched.

The reason I bring up that thread is because it contains THE most constructive criticism I’ve ever seen on this forum, in spite of OP defending his very very subpar play. Now, this isn’t an attack on that thread’s OP, but the amount of players willing to help him before and after the video drastically changed, and the majority of those helpful players were diamonds/legends.

Based on the above, I feel that if people were more willing to share footage of their gameplay, they would receive more help and would be able to climb faster.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

You know, I was thinking about making a thread for this. So people could have their play analyzed and commented on so they can improve. I like this idea.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I have had very positive responses from the community when I asked for help this way. I’ve even had people that happened to be watching me stream PM me and take time to show me tricks to better use my build. To me being able to reward people that take time out to help make other players better should be rewarded over grinding out wins.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

There are a handful of people on this forum (we know who they are), who comment in every single thread about how its not them and its ALWAYS their team/matchmaking algo. I would love to see videos where they can prove that instead of the endless paragraphs of blame and crying that they post here.

/bump

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How about a single thread with various legends recording their gameplay and then narrating what they’re doing and why? For example, someone could make one using the auramancer build (or their modified version) and show how to properly play it over the course of something like three matches.

This may have a larger effect rather than tackling each person one by one although that doesn’t mean both can’t happen. It’s just that some people may not be able to record their gameplay or don’t really want to share it.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

For some of us, the ranked queue button may as well say “match me with the challenged”. You can’t control what the matchmaker gives you; some games you might get god’s gift to pvp, and the next game you may as well have been matched with a toddler on a unicycle.

But there is one thing, one variable you can control – your own gameplay. Sometimes you are just too frustrated with your teammates to see your own mistakes; mental exhaustion due to perceived mistakes does do that to you.

Consider this thread.

The OP had repeatedly expressed dissatisfaction with his teammates, to the point he was convinced that he was doing nothing wrong, and to prove his point, he put up a video , which, quite frankly, as quoted by “new players are cancer”: some of the worst gameplay i’ve ever watched.

The reason I bring up that thread is because it contains THE most constructive criticism I’ve ever seen on this forum, in spite of OP defending his very very subpar play. Now, this isn’t an attack on that thread’s OP, but the amount of players willing to help him before and after the video drastically changed, and the majority of those helpful players were diamonds/legends.

Based on the above, I feel that if people were more willing to share footage of their gameplay, they would receive more help and would be able to climb faster.

If I had the technology capable of doing so, I’d record my gameplay. I find I’m an above average but not incredible player who’s getting better quickly, but I’ve been on teams with people who rush 1v3 mid. Go beast when we don’t have mid 3 minutes into the game. Play builds that just don’t make sense. Refuse to change class to have a better matchup when our team comp will obviously fail (3 support Ele’s in stronghold, like what?)

One person can only carry so much in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I can give you vods if that is what you want. I am sure most pro league players stream as well so their vods are readily available. Things may not be annotated, because that takes some work.

Here is an example. Vods of me playing warrior in legendary tier from like last Saturday. One of the raw gameplay and one explaining my choices. don’t mind my banter in the video, some wine was involved in the making lol.
Here is the VOD:
1) Khylo- http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt/v/54141033
2) VOD annotation. I apologize for the approach, I could not figure a good way to do this lol. http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt/v/54144371

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Here’s a win with Druid where we had an awesome Daredevil:

A win on Khylo with Tempest:

Loss on Stronghold with Tempest:

On druid I tried going for area stealth with staff 3 for the stealth stomps but couldn’t though I usually aim it correctly. Earth staff 2 likewise is tough timing properly with teammates’ combofields.

I even gave some annotations. The tempest win is in 4k at 60fps (though the actual framerate had wild inconsistencies) while another is 1440p 60fps and another 4k at a standard 30fps.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebria.7239

Tenebria.7239

Politely, or how about they fix matchmaking…. I’m not a great pvper, I know it, I accept it. There’s no need for me to post a video showing my mistakes cause there are plenty of them. However…..they aren’t mistakes like calling home then suiciding far…or the duo queue that was two thieves complaining about how we lost cause of team comp…. or the last match where three people went to fight in the area between mid and home (the entire match)…or the DH that says there is nothing he can do because this game has too many conditions…or the people that ask the condi mesmer to run aoe cleanses cause they don’t have room in their build for cleanse….or the called target double moa’d ele that survives (he was the only enemy healer and he stayed on point)….or my favorite recurring two….the guy who rushes enemy lord at start and the player that suicides constantly into the same point solo.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Consider this thread.

BWAHAHAHA!

In other words, it’s not the GAME’S problem it’s YOUR problem! Heard it all before.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

While I appreciate what you are saying OP, not every loss, in my fault. Yes there are time I think, crap, I should have gone here instead of there. But not always. And we can have videos analyzed by people like you, but in the end it’s just a game. It’s not a real spot. And I know I’ll never be that good, I just don’t have the time to play enough to get any better really. Not to mention when the game stacks the classes against you. Yes you could win, if the other team is bad. But at the same time when the game is choosing a team that should win. Why even bother at all.

This whole season has come about dew to the so called pro players having a hard time because they where only playing the other pro players in season 1. This season they wanted to be the special snowflakes and beat everyone else down in lopsided matches so they could say how better than everyone else they are.

This is the real truth. ANet wants there ESports, they want to keep there “pros” happy. The majority of players could not care less about what the 1-5% want. They want everyone to get a fair shake. Since HoT ANet have been giving there majority of players the finger, and catering to the “elite/hard-core” players. Now if these guys made up the core of the player base, well that would be fine. But they are not. They never have been in any game. You keep the masses happy, and give the pros there shinny’s, that show how “pro” they are. Not tell everyone, “hay you can have this, this is for everyone.” When really it’s only for the top 5%.

ANet needs to make up there mind what game they want GW2 to be. It’s own thing, a copy of every other MMO ever, or a game for the hardcore only.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

This thread, aside from the league reward track thread is one of my favorite threads here. Nice to see constructive and useful threads here for a change.