Stuck in Ruby, oh well

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

The only thing I really need for my Year of the Ascension Part II is the daily matches. Nowadays I’ve realized I’m gonna get stuck in Ruby one way or the other. Log in, do my 3 matches, log out again. Best to accept you’re not gonna make any progress, because fat chance you won’t.

Out of my three matches so far today I’ve lost all three, and naturally, we have the Mesmer with 10 points at the end of the match, the Elementalist who stopped moving only to rant halfway through the match, and did so in whispers after the match had ended, and people camping close in a winning match despite our Lord being zergrushed.

So okay, fair enough. You win some, you lose some. With this pip system I tend to win one or two and then lose ‘em the two matches after, so this is it. Stuck in Ruby, log in, do daily, log out. Winning losing, doesn’t matter. Just sad that this is what the Season has boiled down for me – farm daily, log out. Just my two cents.

Attachments:

No one hears you.

(edited by Arkvan.3561)

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Wow, that picture is really appropriate. I’ve seen a lot of self pity party posts about being stuck in tiers, but you’re not even trying to hide it.

So tell me: Do you honestly think you have no room for self improvement?

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Gameplay vid pls

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Arkvan.3561

Wow, that picture is really appropriate. I’ve seen a lot of self pity party posts about being stuck in tiers, but you’re not even trying to hide it.

Oh I’m sure I’ve got something to improve on. I still make mistakes and I’m far from perfect. But there’s always these little giveaways at the start of matches that tell you how it’s gonna go – certain classes being over-or under-represented, a completely silent group, and so on. It also boils down to no matter how good I (think I) am, I’m not gonna be able to be everywhere at the same time, and I’m not gonna be able to pull a bad group through.

No one hears you.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Love that this “it’s out of my hands so screw it” attitude is spreading. Hope all those MMR hell preachers are happy with there following.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Why do people assume you’re supposed to advance in divisions as long as one plays enough games? You’re stuck in ruby because that is how good (bad) you are. The divisions rankings have so many safety nets anyways that to keep seeing constant threads of whiners gets extremely annoying, especially since most of them are from delusional players who think they are “decent”. Most people who claim to be “decent” but are “stuck” is bullkitten. They’re players who run PHIW builds and think that because they have the most team score makes them the best in their team. But thats just like my observations, man.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Oh I’m sure I’ve got something to improve on. I still make mistakes and I’m far from perfect. But there’s always these little giveaways at the start of matches that tell you how it’s gonna go – certain classes being over-or under-represented, a completely silent group, and so on. It also boils down to no matter how good I (think I) am, I’m not gonna be able to be everywhere at the same time, and I’m not gonna be able to pull a bad group through.

Winning and losing is determined by a lot more than just a few mistakes at the start. If you focus on what your team is doing and get bent out of shape by their mistakes, it’s just going to cause you to play worse.

Players who believe that they can win will find ways to pull those wins off more often than players who believe they’re just screwed anyways.

Citing other people’s mistakes may make you feel better in the moment, but that practice will stunt your own self improvement and lead to a worse situation overall.

People that focus on everyone else’s mistakes are also generally kittens that other people hate being around.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

System working as intended. Have fun in ruby playing the game, and worry not about advancing.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Love that this “it’s out of my hands so screw it” attitude is spreading. Hope all those MMR hell preachers are happy with there following.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

White Knights United were striking fast again.
System working as it should, if you ain’t got fun, who cares.
System working as intended, all is good.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Could the system be improved? Yes.

Could every singe player that claims they are in MMR hell improve their gameplay? Yes.

If both answers are true I’d prefer to be on the positive side of things.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Got THAT right.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

bad players can grind through the division, depending on the timing of the day, some timing is really easy to win.
a player who have good individual skill but bad team play can too grind through
a player with good luck can too breeze through with winning streak

at the end of the day
there will be ppl who got carried through, there are ppl who carry others. this in the end make the match making frustrating as different type of players r in there.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: SadKeanu.3491

SadKeanu.3491

I feel like if Anet would show your MMR to you and only you and then give an approximate range of what MMR should be where division wise, people would have a much easier time accepting their current placement in the division. Right now, no one knows where they stand in comparison to where they are supposed to be. All Anet gives is “you are where are you supposed to be when you are stuck” and for the most part that is hard to accept with really no proof.

Example:
Legendary Division Consists of on Average: 3000+ MMR rating
Diamond Divison Consists on Average of : 2500-3000 MMR Rating
Ruby Division Consists on Average: 2000- 2500 MMR Rating
and so on.

Lets say “Johnny Boy Leet Tators” the self-proclaimed pro leet rev has been stuck in “ruby hell” for 3 weeks. It is then revealed Mr Leet Tators has an mmr of 2200. This puts mr leet tators right where he should be on average and gives him a sense of OH wow, maybe I am just a ruby player. I need to improve my gameplay and MMR to get out of this kitten. Instead of i’m the best kitten REV on the planet why do I keep losing, everyone else must be bad, MMR hell, BURN ANETDOWN.

I agree that the Glicko MMR calculation is probably not 100% spot on for this game but its probably close enough. The divisions need some sort of gauge to actually prove they work for people to believe in them. That gauge should be MMR. I am guessing they do not do this for fear we will see just how jacked up the divisions actually are.

twitch.tv/sadkeanu69
streaming weeknights after 6PM EST

(edited by SadKeanu.3491)

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

SkyShroud.2865

MMR and division are irrelevant .

even with low MMR, u will still able to reach the higher division as long you win.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: SadKeanu.3491

SadKeanu.3491

even with low MMR, u will still able to reach the higher division as long you win.

That is exactly why I am suggesting the two be correlated. As it stands divisions are meaningless and no one knows where they are actually supposed to be at.

It should not be possible for a low MMR to reach a higher division without their MMR getting elevated to a somewhat similar range. Whether or not they deserve that MMR is an entirely different matter.

twitch.tv/sadkeanu69
streaming weeknights after 6PM EST

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

SkyShroud.2865

dev made it clear in other thread, there must be a incentive for people.
so the ranked system will never be truly a ranked system.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

That is exactly why I am suggesting the two be correlated. As it stands divisions are meaningless and no one knows where they are actually supposed to be at.

It should not be possible for a low MMR to reach a higher division without their MMR getting elevated to a somewhat similar range. Whether or not they deserve that MMR is an entirely different matter.

Your mmr will get higher if you’re winning…..

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

SkyShroud.2865

higher is subjective
the fact that in some division you dont lose tier
the fact that you don’t drop down from division
already makes MMR irrelevant

giving you an example. the good players can suck up all the MMR from the bad players then reach legend through the divison system

what happen to the the playerbase at the bottom? it left with the bad players. so now the bad players get to match against each other and raise up. now when the bad players reach legend, do u think their MMR is comparable?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

higher is subjective
the fact that in some division you dont lose tier
the fact that you don’t drop down from division
already makes MMR irrelevant

giving you an example. the good players can suck up all the MMR from the bad players then reach legend through the divison system

what happen to the the playerbase at the bottom? it left with the bad players. so now the bad players get to match against each other and raise up. now when the bad players reach legend, do u think their MMR is comparable?

Bad players will never reach legendary because once they near the threshold of even diamond they would get kitten back down the toilet by actual diamond players.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

But the argument is that over time, the quality of ‘actual diamond players’ decreases a lot since everyone who is better already moved up. Thus, it is overall easier to move up later in the season. Which is also why we have bad legendaries, average legendaries and pro legend players.

Also the whole depending on what timezone you play really matters a lot. EU prime time on NA servers is noob farm central.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

SkyShroud.2865

fishball got the idea

the system is flawed, if the system is to continue to run for longer time, u will see all kind of players at legend itself.

when ppl say u can grind to legend, they totally mean it.

edit: it is not like the real ladder system where u have a fixed number of slots for every division and thus the only way to go up is to beat the ppl down.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

fishball got the idea

the system is flawed, if the system is to continue to run for longer time, u will see all kind of players at legend itself.

when ppl say u can grind to legend, they totally mean it.

edit: it is not like the real ladder system where u have a fixed number of slots for every division and thus the only way to go up is to beat the ppl down.

Then there’s no reason for anyone to get “stuck” is there?

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

SkyShroud.2865

those who are “stuck” are complaining for other reasons.
well, they too will legend if they grind enough but pretty sure they dont want to grind

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I guess being stuck is possible if you manage to be the 6th-10th lowest MMR out of the 10 every time you get a game roll. In theory that makes sense since you’re supposedly ‘the worst’ in that bracket but people argue that the difference between the 6th and the 5th guy isn’t really that great to warrant such different PvP experiences.

Idk

I agree tho if you’re stuck below ruby you’re probably bad and deserve to be there.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I never wanted to go higher than ruby, I enjoy fast queues and I am not that skilled. However my last 50 games my team dies mid in 10 seconds at the start of the game and
from there we go 150-500. It’s not fun really being farmed and while ‘improve myself’ is an option I actually want to ‘have fun’ while doing it.

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

Arkvan.3561

The thing is, I don’t mind losing. It’s part of the game. But at some point it just becomes demoralizing to lose another match. I’m not arguing that MMR/matchmaking works or doesn’t – frankly, I think I’d like to see my own MMR at some point before I can actually claim I’m good/bad/indifferent. I don’t really know enough about it to complain.

But as far as I’m concerned I’m not a bad player (but I might very well be). I don’t make mistakes, I know how to focus/prioritize, and how to play the (safe)stomp/save/cleave game. I’d like to think I’m not bad. But losing several matches in a row does make me feel like it.

Hell, if you see me in-game, feel free to point out mistakes and/or give me advice. I want to improve, even if it’s just for the sake of winning. I hate to lose. I hate to waste time. Losing matches in this ranked system is a lose-lose (pun not intended) for me.

No one hears you.

(edited by Arkvan.3561)

Stuck in Ruby, oh well

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Gameplay vid pls