Stuck in wall - Stuck command

in PvP

Posted by: Avril.4657

Avril.4657

Hi all,

(Hi Devs? I am pretty sure you read this)

There are still a lot of games where some people are stuck, and depending on the fair play of the enemies they will or will not kill the poor guy. This is quite frustrating if you were leading the game and then lose because of something, I would say, as important as a dc.

I know we can always have the “/stuck” command but 30sec is quite long and we must admit it is still unknown to a lot of people. Why don’t you replace it by something instant to allow your character to die instantly and where the respawn time would be slightly longer than the normal time. (to avoid any exploit) Like 20seconds.

Something like /respawn.

Thanks

Regards,

Avril

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

We’re actually working on adjusting how the /stuck command works in PvP maps now. It won’t be an instant death, but it will work much more reliably. Also, should provide some better feedback when used.

Additionally, we have a change we’re putting in for player used knockbacks & pulls that should greatly reduce the frequency this happens. It’s been going through testing now and if all goes well, will go out in the next few weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Thats a great thing to know, last time i run into a stuck wall situation, i tried to use the command, and, it really didnt help, perhaps i did desperate, but at the end the enemy had to execute me for get me out of the place.

This happened in the Clock Platform of Kylo btw.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in PvP

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

We’re actually working on adjusting how the /stuck command works in PvP maps now. It won’t be an instant death, but it will work much more reliably. Also, should provide some better feedback when used.

Additionally, we have a change we’re putting in for player used knockbacks & pulls that should greatly reduce the frequency this happens. It’s been going through testing now and if all goes well, will go out in the next few weeks.

Just for clarification; Is this change gonna affect outside of sPvP, like in WvW where the pulls/knocks from players into structure have been just as detrimental?

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Just for clarification; Is this change gonna affect outside of sPvP, like in WvW where the pulls/knocks from players into structure have been just as detrimental?

Yeah, all player used knockback and pulls anywhere will be affected.

Monster knockback and pulls are not being changed for now.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

No more na troll guild pulling you inside wall eh? Or much less id asume.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreddo.9865

Dreddo.9865

Just lost another game cause opponents (rightfully) wouldn’t kill me and turned the tides. This is just unacceptable!

Once stuck under coliseum center platform and now behind Niflhel center.

(edited by Dreddo.9865)

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I got stuck twice lately. Once at Coliseum mid. Not even sure how. Before I realized what happened I healed myself up and they quit attacking me. (stupid mistake) I typed the /stuck command but nothing ever did happen. I sat there the last 2 minutes or so before the match ended.

Next time was Kylo mid. I got pushed into a wall by a ranger and got stuck. This time I was lucky enough that they killed me off. The ranger apologized and all was good. I’m just glad this is being worked on.