Suddenly MM necros are everywhere

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Did the last patch cause this?

Is this “build diversity” – 4/5 necros being full MM?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

it’s because of the new heals. PU/phantasm mesmers, MM’s and spirit rangers benefited the most from the new heal skills.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Conditionmancer’s damage got nerfed hard with this last patch, falling to levels below release.
MM builds are now the only one marginally viable for Necros since at least it has some ammount of sustain.

Necros don’t have other builds worth using anymore so all Necros you see will probably be MM.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Spirit heal is bad. It has no condi removal. Inform youself before you judge these things.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Conditionmancer’s damage got nerfed hard with this last patch, falling to levels below release.
MM builds are now the only one marginally viable for Necros since at least it has some ammount of sustain.

Necros don’t have other builds worth using anymore so all Necros you see will probably be MM.

lol no

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Spirit heal is bad. It has no condi removal. Inform youself before you judge these things.

stop being rude.

Healing Spring is better but water spirit is still ok if you choose to go for group heal build instead. it’s the ranger’s option if he wants to use it or not.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Grenades? Oh wait…you don’t have them?…. oh

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Condition necromancers are still the best, most viable necromancer build. But necromancers aren’t optimal in any structured PvP group.

it’s because of the new heals. PU/phantasm mesmers, MM’s and spirit rangers benefited the most from the new heal skills.

What? The new necromancer heal is worthless, and it’s absolutely not taken as a minion master.

the new heal on a necro is specially designed for minion masters (siphoning) although i prefer consume conditions over it. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

I’m so tired of fighting keyboard-turner mm necros, completely oblivious to what is going on in the match. Skynet has taken over gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Condition necromancers are still the best, most viable necromancer build. But necromancers aren’t optimal in any structured PvP group.

What? The new necromancer heal is worthless, and it’s absolutely not taken as a minion master.

the new heal on a necro is specially designed for minion masters (siphoning) although i prefer consume conditions over it. :P

Lol no, SoV doesnt effect minions…
MM ether run cc or bloodfiend as heal (some with healing power maybe even WoB).

And while its true that condition necros can still be viable, mm is now the only build necros have without a hard counter. In that sense it is the safest build to go for a necro.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

And while its true that condition necros can still be viable, mm is now the only build necros have without a hard counter. In that sense it is the safest build to go for a necro.

warriors are still the necro’s bane but pretty much necro can beat any other class.

in PvP

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Looool. Not sure if trolling or..?

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in PvP

Valentin.2073

btw, me and my guildies tried to pull off an all spirit ranger team in tpvp and was able to win some but a team of MM’s just crushed us to the ground. we were helpless in the hands of this necro build. lol

in PvP

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Powah Necrah so goo

in PvP

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

btw, me and my guildies tried to pull off an all spirit ranger team in tpvp and was able to win some but a team of MM’s just crushed us to the ground. we were helpless in the hands of this necro build. lol

Strangely my team of all spirit weapon guardians met the same fate

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

warriors are still the necro’s bane but pretty much necro can beat any other class.

not true. A mm necro in a 1v1 situation can win against a warrior assuming roughly same skilllevel. In fact a mm build is the only build necros have that has ok chances to beat any other build in the game in 1v1. Condition necros get hard countered by diamand skin eles, warriors (if they have zerker stance and use it wisely) and to a lesser extent ar engies like all condition builds.

And the best thing with mm builds is that like all ai dependent builds they can be played successfully be not so skilled players…

Edit:Maybe i should add that i always assumed that the necro has no lf at the start of the 1v1, A necro with full lf at a start of a 1v1 is hard to beat no matter the build…

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

it’s because of the new heals. MM’s benefited the most from the new heal skills.

That moment when you realize that Signet of Vampirism is only procced by players – 1 Necro can only get a max of 4-5 procs even if he hits the targets with his zoo and himself 40 times in 2 seconds.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

A lot of people have knocked the idea that it is the new heal that is the reason for all the MMs, but the only other suggestion is that condition build is no longer viable.

To my mind condi necro was one of those easymode builds, like several warrior builds – a simple way to let your spec play for you, so you don’t have to. If it has been nerfed, a lot of the ppl on it are going to switch to the next easymode build. Maybe that’s MM, but if so, it must be a sight more powerful than just “viable.”

BTW, I assumed the guy who spoke about the new heal being good for MMs with siphon meant that the on-attacked tick goes well with the ticks from your pets attacking. Given that the MM necro has the option of using his pets to eat conditions, as well as plague signet and offhand dagger allowing him to offload them, I doubt CC is a must-have option.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

power necro better than MM, you can wipe the whole enemy team just using your elite and auto attack

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: omega.3758

omega.3758

I don’t know about you guys, but as a D/D backstab thief I can take then down pretty easy. There minions make convinient targets for cloak an dagger to go invisible. With all the minions around I can keep staying invisible and backstabing for lots of damage. My condition removal on stealth helps alot to keep me going as well as gaining health while invisible with my trait in shadow arts. Thiefs also have a signet that removes conditions and refills endurance when used as well as shadowstep that when used removes 3 conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Power Necro is actually good, but since it is an high-risk build, people prefer to stick with kittened AI or spamming conditions from afar.

Dat Life Blast and Life Transfer hit like a truck.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

Edit:Maybe i should add that i always assumed that the necro has no lf at the start of the 1v1, A necro with full lf at a start of a 1v1 is hard to beat no matter the build…

I don’t think this has been a deciding factor in one-on-one fights since the Spectral Armor buff.

In one-one-one fights, condition necromancers are only countered by Prismatic Understanding mesmers and Diamond Skin elementalists. Warriors and Automated Response engineers are pretty close. Every other class is either even or the necromancer has an advantage.

For a condition necro ofc not, you only need enough lf to enter ds for skills 2,3 and 5. But it helps and gives condition necros the edge against builds that dont hard counter condition builds. Imo the deciding factors in a 1v1 are most of the time the build, the skills level of the player and to some extent luck.

in PvP

Posted by: XerreX.7196

XerreX.7196

here is my aspect of the games with Forsaker having fun on power necro: http://www.twitch.tv/xerrex/c/3438741 (couple of games)

in PvP

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Ehhh… I think you’re all playing a different game from me…

Don’t have issues beating MMs with any class… they’re pretty unthreatening. What they really are is kittening annoying as hell to fight. Anything with lots of minions is a royal pain in the kitten simply because of the clutter.

Depending on how much AoE you have, your build, and how squishy the particular MM you’re facing is you either just train the necro and ignore the minions or kill the minions and laugh as the necro can’t do jack.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Necromancer is pushed into the one build that can stand alone in spvp next to conditions.
Don’t worry, it’s what top players decided is best for necro, sitting on anets lap while barely playing necro.

cheers!

Edit: you guys do know Forsaker is joking.. right?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Necros are still strong in the right hands.

Personally I think the people who are complaining about necro not being strong anymore are the ones who started playing it when it got OP, and became accustomed to the easy-moding. I knew the moment they made the dhuumfire etc. changes that it would attract a lot of new players to the class and that eventually they would be disappointed, because they would never truly get how the class worked other than spamming immense amounts of condi. Once counters were introduced they couldn’t adjust.

The really good necros who have been through the good and bad have no problem dealing with anything thrown their way. For me, the necro is a class that can beat anybody, but with certain set-ups you will have more difficult or easier style match-ups, and I’m fine with that. This game for me was never about the 1on1s.

The build that most run is basically full glass as far as traits and utility skills go, and then complain when they get trained. But if you received any protection from your teammates you would have no problem.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

The new Necro heal?

lol.. good one bro. Nice Xmas joke.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

As a necro who primarily played conditionmancer and has switched to MM recently, I think I should chime in.
I started to primarily run a MM in tournaments shortly after the patch preview came out, because it was obvious that even with the condition hating meta, Anet is still going to nerf conditionmancers even more. Conditionmancers have (as someone already mentioned in this thread) a lot of hard counters and those hard counters are quite common in PvP. If you pick that build, you can wreck many faces, but then you’re also hard countered by a lot of builds in the meta. You’re only effective if you’re not dead!

A MM on the other hand, has 0 hard counters (it’s safer to pick that build), can 1v1 relatively better, it can survive a lot better, has a very good amount of damage, control, and debilitating conditions, it can heal the party and cause a lot of chaos in group fights, it can destroy enemy trebs and gates with ease, it has enough boon removal and at the same time, it’s easier to play.
So tell me, why wouldn’t I pick that over a conditionmancer?

That said, I wouldn’t call MM the only good necro build in the current meta. The berserker life blast necro does pretty well too. The conditionmancer is still viable. But as far as overall effectiveness, I choose the MM.

P.S. It has absolutely nothing to do with SoV. Anet can remove that heal from the game for all I care.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in PvP

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

As someone who has logged 1.5k hours on my necro alone. MMs are silly and belong in PvE. 0 skill to play that build. 0.

Power necro is the only way.

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

in PvP

Valentin.2073

thanks battosai

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because condition necros were nerfed, meaning you have to actually be a good necro to play that build now. So people who are still decent players will still stay condi, but all the rerollers who came over to the class w/ Dumbfire have swapped over to MM.

And let’s all be honest here, bad MMs are free kills. Good ones are scary, but the majority of MMs you’re going to find aren’t just bad players, but bad MMs.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build