[Suggestion] Contest to update default builds

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

With all the changes to traits over the last 2+ years the default builds are now obviously obsolete, and many traits are left blank now due to the changes.

I suggest the PvP Staff hold a contest for PvP forum members to suggest builds to replace the old defaults with the suggestions either voted on by PvP forum members or selected by PvP Staff.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

This would be nice.
Current default builds aren’t effective enough, this should be a high priority considering anet’s “New Player Experience” philosophy.

Griften

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Something I never understood is that their default builds are often missing 1-2 traits, the slots are just empty. Changing them a bit would be nice but not that important.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

The default builds were never good aha. Most of them hardly make sense.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The problem initially with the default builds is they were made even before launch.

The reason some traits are now blank is due to the changes over the games life, traits got moved, renamed, etc. The builds weren’t updated.

I would like an official response, not to me or this thread necessarily, but I would like to see a contest offered in the specific class forums for New PvP default builds.

Keep in mind the restrictions that would need to be considered, like no XIII traits since they won’t be initially available to many new PvPers.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

The problem initially with the default builds is they were made even before launch.

That’s not really true, they’ve changed the default builds multiple times. For example, a version of Spirit Ranger is a default build atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

they always put soldier amulets on instead of zerker though so noobs dont get kitten haha

gerdian