Suggestion: Duells

in PvP

Posted by: Rewoken.1209

Rewoken.1209

Can we expect Duells in next Expansion ?
In PvP Lobby with SPvP template ? or in world with option to click on player and ask for duell !
Best thing to do for PvPers is to make 1 or 2 places to pvp
1. In world with no template.
2. In PvP Lobby with SPvP template.

in PvP

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I really hope we don’t see duels in the open world. In the pvp lobby, that would be fantastic. In designated areas of cities? Also fantastic. Standing at the foot of Tequatl and having to deal with duel request – not so fantastic.

SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Rewoken.1209

Rewoken.1209

Well you cant ask duell while target is in Combat

in PvP

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

So then Anet will have to balance for sPvP, WvW, Raids, and 1v1? Cuz you know people will be crying that Rock beats me every time!

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Can we expect Duells in next Expansion ?
In PvP Lobby with SPvP template ? or in world with option to click on player and ask for duell !
Best thing to do for PvPers is to make 1 or 2 places to pvp
1. In world with no template.
2. In PvP Lobby with SPvP template.

you can search the forums about duels. people will come out of the woodworks to tell you how it is the single worst thing in the history of mmo, how you are a terrible person for wanting duels, how every single player will quit if they added duels, and how yo mama is somehow responsible for the loss of their pet when they were 5 because u wanted duels.

fo mi personally? at this point anything new/different would be worth trying

in PvP

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I’m okay with duels so long as they remain where they belong: PvP.

When I run across two people duking it out in WvW I’m always hesitant to help, unsure if they are dueling or just roaming. So some place special for dueling would be good. Also, getting them out of WvW standardizes equipment.

in PvP

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

When I run across two people duking it out in WvW I’m always hesitant to help, unsure if they are dueling or just roaming. So some place special for dueling would be good. Also, getting them out of WvW standardizes equipment.

Regarding duels and WvW though. Erhm…there’s a whole “instance” that can be dedicated to this. It even has a huge kitten arena!

The whole map of Obsidian Sanctum and the Arena inside that map is practically made for duels and 2v2,3v3 etc etc.

Why the regular duelers don’t use that map is beyond me. If that map would become the gold standard of dueling spots then people like you wouldn’t have to worry about chipping in on a random fight you see somewhere in any of the border maps.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’m all for duels in a designated zone in PvP and WvW, but trust me, PvE players are highly against dueling in PvE land.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Regarding duels and WvW though. Erhm…there’s a whole “instance” that can be dedicated to this. It even has a huge kitten arena!

The whole map of Obsidian Sanctum and the Arena inside that map is practically made for duels and 2v2,3v3 etc etc.

Why the regular duelers don’t use that map is beyond me. If that map would become the gold standard of dueling spots then people like you wouldn’t have to worry about chipping in on a random fight you see somewhere in any of the border maps.

Maybe because it’s tied to WvW and you have to rely on being matched against a certain server to be able to duel a certain person… Just maybe, that’s why no one uses it?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

gosh! a 1v1 mode!

it’s not like we’ve been asking for this for 4 years, the Devs are sure to implement this!

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

we been asking for duels for so long. anet havent really listening.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Well, I’d say it is possible. Anet has been doing something with the old underwater practice area.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

In open PvE world no need and might cause some problems, but in one of the big cities i see no problem to add an arena zone like see in PvP lobby.

In WvW people do it. With ocasional steamrolls ^^.

In PvP people do it in private instances but thats not compftable enough.
In PvP loby an easy duel mode where you challenge someone and he can accept and both go to a duel instance this would be a great training option. Of course it´s not suited for anything else exept training and some fun. the only reason this is not there might be that it´s feared that a very large player number will start to duel instead of going for a PvP match, further decreasing players available for Q.

So basically yes. In PvP lobby and PvE cities like lions arch, a challenge option would be great (can be disabled in options so if someone challenges you he gets autodeclined).
But not shure how many players will be draged in and thus impacting other modes population. I expect this is the main reason not to have an easy duel mode for everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

only problem of 1vs 1 duels in this game is balance mode . This game is balance around a team and with scissor, paper , rock model , not around 1 vs 1. If you play a class and you go against an hard counter it is a duel not so balanced … not every class is balanced to fight against any other class . So i think this is the real reason why anet does not want to implement this …. ( if you go with a scrapper against a condi necro or with a mesmer against a dh you start with an handicap in fight ….for saying 2 famous examples )

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

only problem of 1vs 1 duels in this game is balance mode . This game is balance around a team and with scissor, paper , rock model , not around 1 vs 1. If you play a class and you go against an hard counter it is a duel not so balanced … not every class is balanced to fight against any other class . So i think this is the real reason why anet does not want to implement this …. ( if you go with a scrapper against a condi necro or with a mesmer against a dh you start with an handicap in fight ….for saying 2 famous examples )

2v2 is much better. This is why most of the esl tournaments were 2v2, or why in the 1v1 tournaments (Jebro’s) the winner had to swap classes. 2v2 is where gw2 combat really shines. Honestly, go back & watch some of those 2v2 tournments, those rule.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

Maybe because it’s tied to WvW and you have to rely on being matched against a certain server to be able to duel a certain person… Just maybe, that’s why no one uses it?

You misunderstand me. I’m not talking about dueling against anyone,I’m talking about the loads of duelers that duels in WvW maps all the time.

They should use the OS for that imo so that confusion won’t arrise in certain situations.

Now,a dueling feature against anyone anywhere,that’s something I don’t want. However,as mentioned above,one can create a dueling feature the Mists shrugs

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You misunderstand me. I’m not talking about dueling against anyone,I’m talking about the loads of duelers that duels in WvW maps all the time.

They should use the OS for that imo so that confusion won’t arrise in certain situations.

Now,a dueling feature against anyone anywhere,that’s something I don’t want. However,as mentioned above,one can create a dueling feature the Mists shrugs

No one duels in the mists either….

the 3 places to currently duel have issues with them. WvW for example, has to rely on being matched with certain servers. PvP has it’s templates and lack of build diversity. Guild halls are limited to players who are rich or in a big guild.

This topic has been discussed to death over the years and it was pretty much stated that having a duelling arena at the bottom of the Black Citadel that required you to enter an instance just like SAB, was too disturbing to other players game play.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

No one duels in the mists either….

the 3 places to currently duel have issues with them. WvW for example, has to rely on being matched with certain servers. PvP has it’s templates and lack of build diversity. Guild halls are limited to players who are rich or in a big guild.

Yeah,that becomes a problem if you wanna’ duel your friends or guildmates,I agree. However,when I want to duel I just look up people in WvW who are currently dueling and stick around there.

But I’m probably weird. I just duel for the sake of it. Idc who I duel.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

To go over a few things…

1.) Anet will unlikely (but I cannot say never) do duels in PvE…too close to what WoW does and Anet is trying to differentiate themselves from WoW

2.) For PvP template dueling, thats what hotjoin is used for and what people expect to do when they hotjoin (unless the room description specifically states its for dailies…red wins then blue wins…etc)

3.) For non PvP template dueling (so you can use food buffs) you can ofc go into a WvW match, however there was a “map” that was highly used for “Non PvP template dueling” which was the Colosseum area of Obsidian Sanctum (I remember dueling there a while back) and this area you don’t have to worry of getting zerged or people “accidentally” interrupting it.

or

You can use a guild arena if its with a friend of guildie (friends see if they can join your guild for this purpose). No PvP template here as well.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights