Suggestion: Favorite builds button

in PvP

Posted by: Tyron.1423

Tyron.1423

Lots of good feedback here:

• Templates should be flexible on what they contain. Everyone wants something a little different from this feature.
  • Template switching can be abused in WvW, between dungeon bosses, etc.
  • Tiered release approach (I feel this feedback is because people want this feature RIGHT MEOW)
  • UI suggestions are pretty diverse. There are a lot of ways it could be handled, and it touches a LOT of systems in the game.
  • Fear of inspect / gear-checking by others.
  • Using real items is more of a ‘load-out’ than a ‘template’. Possibly different systems.

First of: keep it simple

• only the Templetes in PVP and PVE/WVW should be different.
    PVE/WVW only Traits + Skills (6-0)
    PVP also including Sigils runes amulet
    (Weapons shouldnt be included in either)
    1 klick more isn’t going to hunt anyone, searching the right rune and setting traits is the enoying part…
  • how can the switching be abused? the only difference is that it is faster… you can’t do anything that you can’t do now, just faster
  • UI: for PVP in the PVP window for PVE/WVW in the trait window so there where it belongs :-)
  • Fear of inspect / gear-check
    no gear included… and atm u can also link the gear so there isn’t realy a difference (my point of view).
    Trait-link: would be a nice feature but I’ll understand if its not included and i don’t realy need it.
  • Gear switching for PVE/WVW:
    just include a item-“Box” where u can put all your 2nd Gear in and by using this item the Gear in your inventory and the “Box” is swaped. It even saves space in your Inventory :-)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The main problem I see with a basic(read: spvp) template implementation is weapons, because you require those physical items in order to be able to use those templates.

Traits? You’re fine, unless you’re inputting a code to get a build.
Amulet? Same problem only appears if you haven’t bought that amulet.
Runes? Same.
Sigils? Same.

These are all binary things; you either have them, or you don’t. If a code demands them and you don’t have those items then it can just throw up an error message.

Armor and weapons are the exception because they don’t seem to work quite like that.

Armor is irrelevant because it doesn’t do anything. Go away armor. Go back to PvE. Go on, get, you rapscallion. Shoo!

Weapons though are relevant. They don’t seem to quite exist in a binary state; it’s not “have you unlocked a dagger yes no”, you have bags full of things which are potentially daggers and potentially not daggers. You could potentially need two daggers.

So IMHO for a basic spvp template, the game needs to be able to say “hey, you don’t have a dagger/enough daggers right now, I am going to exploit the power of DIGITAL SPORTS to give you a pretend dagger. It’s not a REAL dagger, but it exists in spvp”. And I would be perfectly happy with that for a system; you put in a code, it tells you whether it can do it, and if it can, it’ll change you to that. And an ingame template library can be just that; a set of codes that it’ll use when you want to.

These are probably things everybody already knows but I like to talk

no gear included… and atm u can also link the gear so there isn’t realy a difference (my point of view).
    Trait-link: would be a nice feature but I’ll understand if its not included and i don’t realy need it.

pls no inspect
The spvp implementation of inspect is fine and does the job there. I think if inspection were implemented for pve traits/gear, the negative repercussions would outweigh the positive.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in PvP

Tyron.1423

pls no inspect
The spvp implementation of inspect is fine and does the job there. I think if inspection were implemented for pve traits/gear, the negative repercussions would outweigh the positive.

what i ment to say there is that linking gear is already implementet so you cant realy discuss it. (and btw what u post may not what u wear :-P)
Linking the Traits would be nice for sharing Builds. (inc Traits and Skills)

there is a difference between link and inspect.
The PVP inspect is fine as it is but it would be nice if u could link it to share with friends. —> Link
an Inspect in PVE like it is in PVP… no PLZ don’t do it
with linking builds I don’t see that many problems (u can still change it or link another build so what…)

and for PVE put the Gear and Builds in 2 different systems many Builds require the same Gear anyway include a the Gear-Box from my first post that shuld be cool and it makes swaping (ascended)gear between Characters easier and faster

in PvP

Posted by: tiko.9206

tiko.9206

I don’t think you need the physical items in your inventory to link weapons with templates.. Why don’t let pop out a message like // “You don’t have a ‘1-h-sword’ in your inventory, do you want to buy one for ‘1s’ from the pvp vendor? [Yes][No]” // If you choose [No] you just get an empty weapon slot. (‘…’ = variable)
This option also can be chosen for PvE, then with the standard weapons for your level from the simple weaponsmith.

I Am Elementalist – Ele for [CroW] – tPvP

in PvP

Tyron.1423

I don’t think you need the physical items in your inventory to link weapons with templates.. Why don’t let pop out a message like // “You don’t have a ‘1-h-sword’ in your inventory, do you want to buy one for ‘1s’ from the pvp vendor? [Yes][No]” // If you choose [No] you just get an empty weapon slot. (‘…’ = variable)
This option also can be chosen for PvE, then with the standard weapons for your level from the simple weaponsmith.

that may be true for PVP but what about PVE…
if you only load a Build its fairly easy you only need to check if the skills are unlocked.

if you include items then you need to check way more especially in PVE

• is the Item with the sigil and right stat in your inventory? Yes → easy; No→ what now?
  • what if it is a Legendary? what statcombo do u need?
  • what do you do if the Sigil in the weapon has changed? does the weapon still exist od do u need to change all build that use the weapon?
  • what if some items are not in your inventory? buy an white item for PVE… No?

there are a lot of problems with this system and you have to think about all of them.
if you use the gear-Box or a 2nd equipment slot for example you dont have that many problems you only have to check if there is an Item in the box and if so → swap if not → keep the item

from a Programmers point of view its not that hard to implement.

in PvP

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I just think that in equipment tab we need 3 pages (build 1,2,3) and you place there armor,weapon,traits,skills just connect together skill tab,trait tab ,armor tab into one tab “build”. you put there completely different armors and that`s it . In pvp menu (under rewards etc.) add similar thing , but you can only place your weapon , other things are choosable . Wardrobe ,finishers stay without change , in wardrobe you choose how your char looks outside and doesn`t affect armor change . I think we need some templates right now they can add simple saving builds and then they can think about 3rd dev software or about outgame build editors , but add any editor ingame right now ,then you can work on it for next 2 years but just add anything .

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

bump for this idea

Can we expect to see that feature anytime soon? Would improve build-diversity a lot since it won’t be such an effort anymore to switch builds.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: Vatt.4695

Vatt.4695

When we get it? next update/next month/this year(x.x) ?

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

A template link that is postable and clickable in a guild MotD, so all of the guild members can check it out would be really nice.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

errrrrrrrmahgerd builds.

I want this feature so bad :/
If you put it in just for pvp no one would call favoritism :O
OH WAIT NO 99% of patches for PVE and 1 bone for pvp = anet only cares about pvp.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

When we get it? next update/next month/this year(x.x) ?

Probably right after www cmd update sooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn

in PvP

Posted by: Graphite.2169

Graphite.2169

What about splitting the things you can save ?

Put a Save/Load button in traits, or maybe you need to speak to your personal trainer to save a template but you can load it whenever you want ?

For gear, I was thinking about a special bag you can buy/craft or obtain any other way.
That bag would be able to fit up to 4 weapons, 6 accessories (2 rings, 2 earrings, one backpack and one necklace) and 6 armor pieces. When placed in that bag, all items are “linked” together, so when you right-click on any of those, you have an “equip-all” option added to the context menu. I guess the same option would be there if you right click on the bag, and a new option in the hero panel would be nice too. Also, ctrl-clicking on that bag would show all the items within it.

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

You could even take it a step further and include key binds for weapon skills, which I know can be different depending on builds (mesmer shatter for instance). I’m not sure if that’s even possible/implementable but I thought may as well throw it out there.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in PvP

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

You could even take it a step further and include key binds for weapon skills, which I know can be different depending on builds (mesmer shatter for instance). I’m not sure if that’s even possible/implementable but I thought may as well throw it out there.

oh yh keybuilds it would be awesome specially when you play ele or other class which use a lot f1-f4

in PvP

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

It might be a large-ish code, compared to GW1, however there is at least one build site (http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/) that uses string-code to pass builds. The only issue I see is if the code is potentially too-long to be put into chat.

Here’s the answer. If outside party websites can do it, what’s stopping the game developers themselves?

in PvP

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

In reply to Evan’s post on the first page, I honestly don’t care for a template for all of that stuff. I just want a way to easily and quickly swap my traits between a number of presets I designate myself. Everything else I can take care of, that’s the only troublesome part for me.

For example, on my Guardian, I have a different trait set for: Tequatl, Dungeon runs, Solo Zone clearing, Party Zone clearing, Jumping Puzzles, and a few other niche builds I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Just having a way to set up eight (for example) trait presets I can swap through at the touch of a button would be a HUGE QoL improvement for me.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I want Build Templates so bad. It has to be one of the main features I want in the game.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

We’ll probably get it ~next year (give or take another year).

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Sorry if i write in this old topic but i think is always interesting for the entire community (not only pvp)

Any news? ^^

Maybe in HoT :P

in PvP

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

What really needs to be included from the PvP side of things;

Traits
Amulet
Rune
Sigils
Utilities+Elite+Heal

The only way to ensure weapons would work is to revert to a basic model of pvp weapons for characters

As for PvE..

The only real thing that is needed is traits and Utilities.

PvE/WvW has personal weapons that are tied in with sigils and armor with runes so that really shouldn’t be too difficult.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Personally Im more concerned with PvP templates.

WvW should NOT have templates unless you are on/nearby the “home” WP of the map.

PvE seems complicated (needs items to match, etc) so maybe it could a simple one, with very simple “all or nothing” kinda things like :

> Can only equip it if ALL items are the same (upgrades not included)

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Jackel.3625

Jackel.3625

What really needs to be included from the PvP side of things;

Traits
Amulet
Rune
Sigils
Utilities+Elite+Heal

The only way to ensure weapons would work is to revert to a basic model of pvp weapons for characters

As for PvE..

The only real thing that is needed is traits and Utilities.

PvE/WvW has personal weapons that are tied in with sigils and armor with runes so that really shouldn’t be too difficult.

I agree with the basic concept here. Simple approach, simple solution. My opinion is more biased to the PvE side of things but I liked the Stronghold beta so much that it pushed me to make an input for templates.

/bowsdown to ANet WHEN you implement this

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I also would like to have this in-game. I made a sample UI they could implement for this.

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

pls no inspect

I don’t understand why people hate inspect. If you want to join a casual run, then join a casual run that doesn’t care about gear. Don’t join groups that says zerker only.

I need inspect so that I can give tips to new players or kick leechers when I want to create a speedrun.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

I also would like to have this in-game. I made a sample UI they could implement for this.

That’s not half bad at all, and it really is starting to look like the GW1 “skills and attributes panel” that I loved. It was attached in the same window, skills along the bottom, except it would be much better with a drop-down menu instead of the “A, B, C” buttons.

The drop-down menu would have the options “save template” “load template” “send template code to chat window”, as well as the possibility for expansion. However, your window is also missing the crucial parts of items: weapon type, sigil, rune, etc.

I was thinking we could re-use the Spectator Mode UI where you can see exactly what is in another player’s build and load it from there. It’s really simple and includes everything in the build in just two tabs. All we need is to add on the top of that window a drop-down menu for the options listed above (and add the same options to the respective build windows).

I think the problem is they can’t decide how much they want to implement down the road, and they keep getting hung up on equipment. If we can think of a good catch-all solution to equipment templates…….. ahem

Arenanet! Problem solved: PvP Equipment Templates were a thing, in GW1, remember? They were separate from Skills & Attributes templates, and they were only possible for PvP, but it was a thing. If you want to put build templates in the game you already can, without the equipment templates, OR create an area for drop-down menus or whatever to simply list what weapons, runes, sigils, are supposed to be used with the skills template (at which point it’s up to the player to load those manually, depending on what they have in their inventory and what they have unlocked for PvP use).

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

We absolutely want to make build templates. They could work similar to GW1, but there are more components to a build now. Using the old string-code method may prove to be unwieldy.

Things that must be in a template:

• Weapons
  • Sigils
  • Rune
  • Amulet
  • Skills
  • Traits

What could be in a template:

• Skins
  • Dyes
  • Outfit
  • Finisher

Things to consider:

• Sharing (chat links? codes? urls?)
  • Viewing (seeing some else’s vs. seeing your own)
  • Saving (notepad vs. local vs. account vs. web)
  • Building (one spot in UI vs. multiple spots)
  • Websites (third-party sites should work with in-game)
  • APIs (Could expose an API to third-parties)
  • PvP vs PvE vs WvW (each mode requires different configuration options)

How would you like to see any/all of these work?

Yes.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

any update on this?!?!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_VPVkCmAQ

8:44
“I would say that templates was an awesome system in gw1…. it is not something we’re currently focused on in Heart of Thorns and the features we talked about…. it’s something we’re well aware of but, expansion first.”

http://www.aspect.gg/interview-hugh-norfolk-and-joshua-davis-on-hot-pvp/

5:22
“We like templates, we want templates. We’re going to keep going on listening to feedback from there. In the future we might see if we can get them.”

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Very disappointing. This was one of the best features of guild wars 1 and they have ignored it for three years.

in PvP

Posted by: Aztex.4895

Aztex.4895

They still spend too much time on features and mechanics that most players I know don’t vive a **** about.
I think they should listen to one of the last wooden potatoes videos, where this feature is one of the top 10 things he’s waiting for feature pack 3, which probably is BEFORE the expansion. Besides, this is one of the top wanted things even when the game was still in devellopment.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They still spend too much time on features and mechanics that most players I know don’t vive a **** about.
I think they should listen to one of the last wooden potatoes videos, where this feature is one of the top 10 things he’s waiting for feature pack 3, which probably is BEFORE the expansion. Besides, this is one of the top wanted things even when the game was still in devellopment.

There were several items that we as a community wanted. This was was definitely among the top 10.

The thing is, anything involving the UI is a big cost development. It’s simply not in their budget to complete 10 items at one time. They have a “when ever we get to it” motto at Anet which, to me, is perfectly fine.

The thing is; and ironically enough, they changed the entire pvp queue layout to the point where it’s now impossible to queue outside of the Mists. I don’t understand why they would spend that much production time on something that’s not a 100% satisfaction to us pvp players. I rather these resources were spent on something like build templates, custom arena tools, pvp leaderboards, etc. Instead they limited us because they wanted eye-candy in the game.

A lot of players were annoyed about their queues being secluded in Heart of the Mists. It’s now another feature we want added to our wish list, of which, we’ll probably never get because the new UI now conflicts with such changes.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Jackel.3625

Jackel.3625

I think they should listen to one of the last wooden potatoes videos, where this feature is one of the top 10 things he’s waiting for feature pack 3, which probably is BEFORE the expansion. Besides, this is one of the top wanted things even when the game was still in development.

I was surprised that it was #5 on WP’s list of wants. I would have expected it to be higher. I think his video is actually stirring the pot on this subject.

I fully understand that ArenaNet is very busy with the new content coming out. They have a lot on their plate at the moment. They need to create new content to keep the interest of the fan base. It’s good business practice. It seems to me that new content creation is causing templates to be continually kicked down the road (just an observation, not a complaint). There is probably never going to be an easy time for them to insert this feature. I think they need to do this in small manageable chunks if it’s possible. Maybe just start with a basic save/load of traits. Then worry about pingable trait builds in the next iteration. Then move on to Skill builds…and so on. Easier said than done of course but I’m good with features that continually evolve.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I think they should just start with a pvp template. PvP and PvE/WvW templates should be completely separate since gear works differently. Start with the PvP then work in the PvE/WvW since it’s easier to deal with PvP gear. The PvP template feature should be in the PvP menu where you currently select gear and traits.

PvE Traits and skills should be it’s own template. Gear should be it’s own template for PvE. They should be in the hero menu where equipment, traits, etc are now.

in PvP

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

If PvE gear worked identical to PvP this wouldn’t be as complicated. It would also help people to quickly and easily understand builds between game modes. I have never understood why gear works differently between modes. Balance in PvP is pretty good, in WvW it is broken. In PvE you balance the mobs/AI to compensate.

If they changed PvE & WvW gear to work the same as PvP it would solve a lot of problems and make creating a build template system a heck of a lot easier. But that’s just my opinion.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I would really like to see something added to get the bare minimum for the expansion (traits, runes, amulet, armor, sigils, and weapons), and just have the ingame UI noted as being in BETA like the LFG tool was. Then you can get around to the nice but not necessary stuff at later feature packs. It can be as simple and ugly as need be as long as it works.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

this looks very neat and simple to implement.
+1

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”