Suggestion - GW2: PVP Edition for $25 bucks

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Sell the sPVP portion of the game as a seperate entity. Have it on STEAM. Profit.

in PvP

Posted by: gene helo.1590

gene helo.1590

I suppose they could, if ANET actually had a team working on the PvP portion of the game :]

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Yes that would be wise. And yes, first Anet has to get people actually working on PvP. Right now it almost seems like only one person is working on it… The weird loner from the basement. The guy that sits alone when they have lunch, the guy that no one likes to talk to… :P

“Psssst hey, check that guy out… I heard he’s working on sPvP. Pfffft, I mean seriously guys, who needs sPvP, right? Dynamic events and WvWvW are way cooler than that!”

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Why $25?

The best E-Sport model is F2P with micro-transactions. They already have the Gem Shop, although unlike a MOBA they can’t sell you “heroes”, so ArenaNet would have to figure out how to better attract sPvP players to the Gem Shop.

The best thing ArenaNet could do right now is get more people playing. Queues are becoming horrid.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Actually first thing they got to do is ladders, fix match-up systems and AFTER that they can start thinking about getting more people.

Not many people want to stay and play this pvp after they’ve witnessed the horror of hot-join.

in PvP

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

Steam takes a percentage of all micro transactions that occur in game, so you’ll probably never see this game on Steam.

in PvP

Posted by: CLundkvist.7814

CLundkvist.7814

i bet the pvp crew dont even know what pvp is, if they did a ladder would alrdy be here.

Having a ladder is more important then pvp itself

Knight Wm
Far Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

Why $25?

The best E-Sport model is F2P with micro-transactions. They already have the Gem Shop, although unlike a MOBA they can’t sell you “heroes”, so ArenaNet would have to figure out how to better attract sPvP players to the Gem Shop.

The best thing ArenaNet could do right now is get more people playing. Queues are becoming horrid.

I have thought and said this to friends many times. Once ANet fixes their pvp (adds in some basic features ladder, practice arenas, etc.) they need to make the GW2 PvP accounts available for free. Give sPvPers gem store items… the best of the best sPvPers can make a ton of gems off paid tourneys but they don’t have much reason to even have them.

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

If they wanted to shoe-horn a full “free to play” version of sPvP, there’s a couple options for them:

LoL style – Rather than a weekly rotation of free “champions” they could make two classes available to free players rotating monthly.

Individual class – A free account has access to only one character class period.

Hotjoin only – Sort of a “free trial” mode that gives access to Hotjoin only and caps players at Deer rank.

Codex – Like the Codex Arenas from the original GW, free players have limited build options.

I’m sure there’s other options for a free version, but at this point I don’t think they can move to a free system that gives full access to sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Drakoz.4702

Lord Drakoz.4702

I vote for true “FREE PvP” no pre-purchased or a reduced price version – just a free version like LOL – then you can sell skins….etc

Beyond5 [GW2 Team Mngr]
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthegameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

If you think they need to get more money into the game, then I would say that making dyes/skins work in PvP.
It is beyond me why you is forced into red/blue colors.. There isn’t much of a chance that I will confuse one of my team members for an enemy to be honest.. The names, ability to attack, red name tags etc etc should be enough. And if you can’t check the flag in your base (or just check which side you are on etc) to verify what color your team is, then you don’t deserve to know!

Bottom line, They could make quite some money from skins and dyes if it actually worked in PvP. Not that I am against a PvP version of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Drakoz.4702

Lord Drakoz.4702

If you think they need to get more money into the game, then I would say that making dyes/skins work in PvP.
It is beyond me why you is forced into red/blue colors.. There isn’t much of a chance that I will confuse one of my team members for an enemy to be honest.. The names, ability to attack, red name tags etc etc should be enough. And if you can’t check the flag in your base (or just check which side you are on etc) to verify what color your team is, then you don’t deserve to know!

Bottom line, They could make quite some money from skins and dyes if it actually worked in PvP. Not that I am against a PvP version of the game.

I agreed…to basically forced the teams to be attached to red or blue is beyond my pvp comprehension of this game mode as well, well said -thanks for the feedback

Beyond5 [GW2 Team Mngr]
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthegameplay

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

They could even put a flag or something on your back. And I would like to have a tick box option to display pvp gear in character screen for those lvl 2s I have

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Make PvP FTP. Allow only 30 Traits to be allowed for the FTP Players.

If they want to buy traits then they have to pay.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

or make it so free players cant earn glory or rank