Suggestion: Increasing Carry Ability

in PvP

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

Just had a random thought. It would be kind of cool if a player received individual buffs for performing things that “carry” a team. Maybe this can kind of be profession-based…Anet could get really creative with this.

It could possibly be something as simple as this: after a certain number of kills, the player can get an ability similar to Overwatch’s “ultimate ability”. Or, perhaps, it can be a simple (temporary) buff to your stats.

Regardless, such a buff/ability based on your individual performance in the game can increase the individual’s “carry ability” in these 5v5 PvP games.

Essentially, I thought of this because it really is difficult to carry in a 5v5, especially when matchmaking places you with people hundreds of rank points below you. Such a mechanic would make it slightly easier, and add an element of fun/excitement to PvP. Nothing happens when the text comes up “____ is on a rampage!” What if something did happen?

Additionally, introducing a combat mechanic that is unique to PvP may help bring in new players. I think it will certainly make PvP seem more attractive.

(edited by Sultane.9150)

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

Shouldn’t we buff sub-paar players instead, to try boost their performance? It just doesn’t seem fair to empower people who are already getting kill counts in a match.

in PvP

Sultane.9150

Shouldn’t we buff sub-paar players instead, to try boost their performance? It just doesn’t seem fair to empower people who are already getting kill counts in a match.

I think that such a mechanic would only encourage players to be sub-paar, whereas buffing players that carry their teams would encourage players to carry.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Just had a random thought. It would be kind of cool if a player received individual buffs for performing things that “carry” a team. Maybe this can kind of be profession-based…

-Snip-

There is no algorithm that measures in-game individual player skill. There’s nothing that’s remotely close to it.

• Kills off point does nothing for his team, in a game mode based on Node rotations and focus targeting bursts.
  • Just standing on a node at Home or Far does nothing when the enemy team of 5 is zerging between the other two nodes.
  • Measuring kills does nothing if you’re a Necro who’s better off cleaving the downs.
  • It goes on and on…

If there were a set algorithm that actually measures individual skill, it would be implemented already. The only thing we have that comes darn near close, is a League worth of PvP games. And that’s because a players “true” mmr shows after, literally, playing 50+ games minimum for a season. Yet 250 games is a more realistic number for a darn near accurate individual player skill. It’s why Anet is continually looking at matchmaking, to an extent. (it needs to be better just saying guys )

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

You shouldnt be able to carry 4 people, for sure. This is a game of 5.

in PvP

Sultane.9150

Just had a random thought. It would be kind of cool if a player received individual buffs for performing things that “carry” a team. Maybe this can kind of be profession-based…

-Snip-

There is no algorithm that measures in-game individual player skill. There’s nothing that’s remotely close to it.

• Kills off point does nothing for his team, in a game mode based on Node rotations and focus targeting bursts.
  • Just standing on a node at Home or Far does nothing when the enemy team of 5 is zerging between the other two nodes.
  • Measuring kills does nothing if you’re a Necro who’s better off cleaving the downs.
  • It goes on and on…

If there were a set algorithm that actually measures individual skill, it would be implemented already. The only thing we have that comes darn near close, is a League worth of PvP games. And that’s because a players “true” mmr shows after, literally, playing 50+ games minimum for a season. Yet 250 games is a more realistic number for a darn near accurate individual player skill. It’s why Anet is continually looking at matchmaking, to an extent. (it needs to be better just saying guys )

I don’t think there would have to be any complex algorithm for such a thing. For example, if you are contesting a node in a 1v1 and happen to win that 1v1, then you can get such a buff.

Another example would be contesting a node in a 2v1 and staying alive for a set amount of time— say, 2 minutes.

Of course these are very specific situations but I think Anet could come up with a few more.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

-Snip-

• It goes on and on…

I don’t think there would have to be any complex algorithm for such a thing. For example, if you are contesting a node in a 1v1 and happen to win that 1v1, then you can get such a buff.

Another example would be contesting a node in a 2v1 and staying alive for a set amount of time— say, 2 minutes.

Of course these are very specific situations but I think Anet could come up with a few more.

That’s something I can agree on but that in itself is still a bit technical with problematic outliers. Each player in said 1v1 comp would need to have their cds on full for it to be a Fair measurement of ‘duelist’ skill.

That means that the person can’t get hit between a rotation of notes, or a single cc prior to arriving, or even a Trait being on CD the moment he enters the 1v1 battle. Just adding all the trait cds alone is a lot of coding for something that’ll maybe make a difference in the long run (say, an entire pvp season rather than some large mmr buff from 1 game).

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Westenev.5289

I think that such a mechanic would only encourage players to be sub-paar, whereas buffing players that carry their teams would encourage players to carry.

PVP is a team game, and should be as strong as its weakest link. Rather than encouraging solo heroes, the focus should instead be on teaching people how to play – aka when and how to fight effectively. What we shouldn’t be doing is outright destroying overaggressive newbies (because, in all likelihood, that’s probably who you’re going to kill to achieve this “carry” buff).

in PvP

Sultane.9150

PVP is a team game, and should be as strong as its weakest link. Rather than encouraging solo heroes, the focus should instead be on teaching people how to play – aka when and how to fight effectively. What we shouldn’t be doing is outright destroying overaggressive newbies (because, in all likelihood, that’s probably who you’re going to kill to achieve this “carry” buff).

The point of this is to help players in ranked games, in which case, there are almost never new players. I don’t see the issue here.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

or you could just add separate team queue so people don’t need to ‘carry’

solo queue mentality in a team game smh

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

PvP has lost all validity of being a team game. When it throws you into a random lottery of at least 3 players who may or may not be anywhere around your skill level. Then when you hold your point and win your 2 or 3v1s fights at home just to not only lose the match. But to also lose 2 to 3 matches of wins worth of ratings. How is that any indication on that players actual skill rating.

A carry feature in GW2. Would allow such players who are clearly better and don’t belong in the lower leagues a way out by snowballing matches even tho they have a kitten team. Playing other PvP games with this feature . Is soo rewarding because. In a 5v5 that really a 3v5 in my disadvantage. If I personally play smarter then the enemy early game. And go 7 and 0 I get a gold and XP advantage that allows me to single handly carry the game by 1 and 2 shotting the enemies team. This allows me to progress towards the league, where I have team mates and enemies at my level.

However because no such mechanics are allowed in GW2. Dominate players who are good have bad lottery pick of team mates. Will have to spend 3 to 4 times the effort to reach his/her proper skill tree vs. someone who get the good end of the stick and basically gets the free pass to high tier Gold – low tier Platinum.

GW2 has no way to indicate actually player skill. Because it has no carry true carry mechanics. You have to have 2 out of the 3 points most of the match to win. meaning. It’s current conquest is a out dated relic for the needs of the match maker, and the needs of the current population. This is why my GW2’s PvP gameplay time has nearly all but came to all time low. GW2 does not value player skill, actually relevant PvP game do. Guess where these disenfranchised players are going to go?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

you can give 1000 buffs to bad players, won’t stop them from being spawn camped since they neither have map awareness nor have dodge keybinded

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

you can give 1000 buffs to bad players, won’t stop them from being spawn camped since they neither have map awareness nor have dodge keybinded

Yes you are right. You don’t want to give bad players, more of a chance to end up in Legendary do you. Imagine bronze level fights being a common thing in Legendary. Now instead of having poor match quality from Silver down. Because you’ve buffed the bad players instead of the good players. You’ll see such match quality being common even in Legendary division. You saw what happened when you made the ESL type players angry right?

But as in actual Relevant PvP games on the market. With carry mechanics installed. Team A with 2/5/5/6/7 going against Team 10/6/3/3/3 would not be a near automatic win for team A as it is now. Because instead of two players nearly always being in a mismatch up on T-B against T-A and losing the long battle. T-B’s 10 could possible go on a rampage early game and go 7 and 0 get the increased stats above T-A players, and carry his GW2 team to the win. Like how it’s done in the relevant PvP games on the market.

People again complain about population being so low. However either they don’t realize, blatantly ignore the facts why the population crisis happened in the first place. Too many disenfranchised vets, and other players getting fed up. With the way that the league system was set up, with no carry mechanic to cover the match maker’s short comings like in other games.

To simply put it. player skill is not at all value in GW2, compared to the relevant PvP games on the market. So of course these disenfranchised players are going to go where their hard work and dedication is valued. Leaving kitten in the population that just keeps getting bigger and bigger, at a faster and faster rate as time goes on. Till the point here yall are. Not enoth PvPers interested in playing PvP in GW2, to the point no match maker system, nor marketing campaign can help yall. More so since ANet disenfranchised even more players by making them the subjects of RNG for 3 decent team mates for their personal ratings. Then still tried to forced them to wear a rating that was not befitting of their skill.

Now yes if you are good and got the short end of the stick. You could and should make it to your rightful league after playing x Matches. However comparing to relevant games that have the carry mechanics in them. Such players will make it there much much much faster, and suitable, then players here in GW2. Then you have the trolls who know they got carried early on into the higher divisions. Now talking down on the players who got the short end of the stick and have to climb thru hell without a carry system/mechanic. Thus either carrying more players with them, or getting dragged down by other players.

My solutions

A.) Allow players to queue up as a 5 stack.

B.) Put a buff for when a player is going on a rampage. The better they are doing in the match, the more powerful they become{power stat wise}. Thus allowing them to truly carry matches, and get out of lower non competitive divisions at a productive rate. Also this will also pull those that are current being carried by others down. Because the much better player would be able to feast off of them to gain power, and snowball the match. Till the point the lower skilled and the high skilled players both end up in a division they should be in, at a much more productive rate of time.

C.) Just do away with 5v5 and start introducing 2v2s or 3v3s, since all that system can handle is 2 players queuing out with each other. Thus allowing all players to be able to have control once more. And not be disenfranchised.

D.) Just get rid of the ranked leagues altogether. Move the ranked gold and rewards to Unranked. And allow for players to get those rewards 24/7/365. True you’ll have no flashy league system. But lets be honest. This league system was a utter failure on so many levels. To lose so many players over added content, is a pretty sad bulletin for a developer’s resume.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Individual score and contribuiton on assisting kills or actually killing and decaping caping points etc should be the way to go. Not every class can carry and no one should be punished on account to having bad teamm8s.

in PvP

Westenev.5289

In that case, I counter propose an ability to toggle an MMR limiter – essentially having the option to lock outliers from joining your game (ie. preventing low mmr’s from joining high mmr’s and vice versa). This would mean higher ranked MMR’s have the option to wait hours for their top ranked games, while everyone else can just get on with it.

If you really want to change the PvP culture though, you could pick up a thing or two from PvE Dungeoneers. Pick up a newbie, teach them what you know, and send them off into the wide world to teach someone who may one day carry you.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Yes you are right. You don’t want to give bad players, more of a chance to end up in Legendary do you. Imagine bronze level fights being a common thing in Legendary. Now instead of having poor match quality from Silver down. Because you’ve buffed the bad players instead of the good players. You’ll see such match quality being common even in Legendary division. You saw what happened when you made the ESL type players angry right?

But as in actual Relevant PvP games on the market. With carry mechanics installed. Team A with 2/5/5/6/7 going against Team 10/6/3/3/3 would not be a near automatic win for team A as it is now. Because instead of two players nearly always being in a mismatch up on T-B against T-A and losing the long battle. T-B’s 10 could possible go on a rampage early game and go 7 and 0 get the increased stats above T-A players, and carry his GW2 team to the win. Like how it’s done in the relevant PvP games on the market.

People again complain about population being so low. However either they don’t realize, blatantly ignore the facts why the population crisis happened in the first place. Too many disenfranchised vets, and other players getting fed up. With the way that the league system was set up, with no carry mechanic to cover the match maker’s short comings like in other games.

To simply put it. player skill is not at all value in GW2, compared to the relevant PvP games on the market. So of course these disenfranchised players are going to go where their hard work and dedication is valued. Leaving kitten in the population that just keeps getting bigger and bigger, at a faster and faster rate as time goes on. Till the point here yall are. Not enoth PvPers interested in playing PvP in GW2, to the point no match maker system, nor marketing campaign can help yall. More so since ANet disenfranchised even more players by making them the subjects of RNG for 3 decent team mates for their personal ratings. Then still tried to forced them to wear a rating that was not befitting of their skill.

Now yes if you are good and got the short end of the stick. You could and should make it to your rightful league after playing x Matches. However comparing to relevant games that have the carry mechanics in them. Such players will make it there much much much faster, and suitable, then players here in GW2. Then you have the trolls who know they got carried early on into the higher divisions. Now talking down on the players who got the short end of the stick and have to climb thru hell without a carry system/mechanic. Thus either carrying more players with them, or getting dragged down by other players.

My solutions

A.) Allow players to queue up as a 5 stack.

B.) Put a buff for when a player is going on a rampage. The better they are doing in the match, the more powerful they become{power stat wise}. Thus allowing them to truly carry matches, and get out of lower non competitive divisions at a productive rate. Also this will also pull those that are current being carried by others down. Because the much better player would be able to feast off of them to gain power, and snowball the match. Till the point the lower skilled and the high skilled players both end up in a division they should be in, at a much more productive rate of time.

C.) Just do away with 5v5 and start introducing 2v2s or 3v3s, since all that system can handle is 2 players queuing out with each other. Thus allowing all players to be able to have control once more. And not be disenfranchised.

D.) Just get rid of the ranked leagues altogether. Move the ranked gold and rewards to Unranked. And allow for players to get those rewards 24/7/365. True you’ll have no flashy league system. But lets be honest. This league system was a utter failure on so many levels. To lose so many players over added content, is a pretty sad bulletin for a developer’s resume.

ranked is for personal rank any form of duo, trio, quad, full team mask your skillrank behind the “team”
the failure was first mixing qs and went realize that is the problem, keeping duos alive

other think is that as said not all classes cant have the same impact in games and a “good” players running A class cant have the same impact(carry) than running B class, but puting snowball mechanics in game will worse the quality of games

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

In that case, I counter propose an ability to toggle an MMR limiter – essentially having the option to lock outliers from joining your game (ie. preventing low mmr’s from joining high mmr’s and vice versa). This would mean higher ranked MMR’s have the option to wait hours for their top ranked games, while everyone else can just get on with it.

If you really want to change the PvP culture though, you could pick up a thing or two from PvE Dungeoneers. Pick up a newbie, teach them what you know, and send them off into the wide world to teach someone who may one day carry you.

In a perfect yes I’d agree with you. However at least in GW2’s PvP. Most of the high rated leaderboard PvPers. Are too caught up in their own personal ratings. That they rather throw matches for each other on smurf accounts. Try to game the system so they can be on top.

And you are suggesting that these same players train newbros and sisters. Lol there is a reason why they haven’t been doing it yet. Their fragile little glass EGOs would be broken, if someone they trained ends a season higher on the leaderboards then them.

Learn from what has happened with the WvW communities. And their ultimate META that I’m sure they don’t even realized they created. The Server Stacking/Bandwagoning META[Not a single thing else in WvW comes close to that META, because it is absolute.] To be honest I can’t really blame them too much. These are the communities that ANet groomed up through it’s policies or lack of policies.

Nope ANet is just going to have to want the success of their PvP mode. And then put forth the time and resources needed to see that want through. Or else it’ll continue to dry up. Until it is completely dried up.

But at least I admit it!

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

You don’t need special bonuses. Just nerf mistake-friendly elite specs and then good players can carry on their own ability. The current problem is that elite specs are too forgiving of spam (bad skill timing) and have a lot of auto defenses or just plain spammable defenses.

It’s hard to carry when you get someone down to 25% and they heal to full in a couple seconds while having a damage amulet.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Sultane.9150

You don’t need special bonuses. Just nerf mistake-friendly elite specs and then good players can carry on their own ability. The current problem is that elite specs are too forgiving of spam (bad skill timing) and have a lot of auto defenses or just plain spammable defenses.

It’s hard to carry when you get someone down to 25% and they heal to full in a couple seconds while having a damage amulet.

Class balance isn’t really a problem I’ve noticed this season.

Regardless, the devs take care of balance anyway. I’m talking about a whole new mechanic. To be honest, I think it would help PvP more in the fun department than carry ability.

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Players who are “subpar” as you put it, often doesn’t know they are. My humble opinion/observation, it is actually proven (again my humble obeservation and many evil private messaging to me later), when I try to help them they will bite back really hard, it is useless to “boost” them if they do not know how to use their character.

And no, we do not need to have extra points for carrying another player since it is a team play and you are suppose to know at some point you need to carry the team. The more pressing matters is, is it worth it to carry them when they are vicious. which bring us to something else I am not going to discuss here.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I think this would incentivize the wrong kind of gameplay, and at best be just another snowball mechanic for the team that was alrdy winning.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: DerJoker.9081

DerJoker.9081

In my opinion, carrying in GW2 is only possible if you choose to go for dmg and if you are able to rotate good. Supporting and bunkering won’t help your team if they are not able to kill anything. For mobile and high dmg classes, at the moment id say, thief, power war and longbow ranger are the best. All are quite mobile and can burst fairly well. Maybe power mesmer is another option, but I never tried that. Having that in in mind, it is quite possible if you really are better then the most ppl in that game, your or the enemy team.

Carrying doesn’t need to be easier, the enemy team has the same problems as you, and you can really feel the difference if they have one good thief or war for example.
A lot of players think of themselves as better and look at the mistakes of their teammates and won’t realize their own.

It is possible to carry, even if you have bad teammates.
Tell them what NOT to do and you are good to go. And try not to be unfriendly or salty, there’s no safer way of demotivating your teammates if you do that.

1. Don’t camp a point the whole game if no one is attacking you.
2. Don’t run into a fight where you will be outnumbered and die
3. It’s better to leave a fight and live, instead of stay there and die.
4. If you won a team fight pls dont just leave the point and spread across the map.

If they listen to that, you have a way easier time carrying the game by decapping, +1, and not getting outnumbered yourself.

So I dont think carrying should be made easier in any way! It is possible and it is not as hard, if you really are a better player.
After all it is a teamgame and you should help each other out.

Thoughts?

(edited by DerJoker.9081)

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

As expected it seems the GW2 community will shoot this idea down as well. I idea that will empower players who are doing outstanding work in the match. 1v2ing at home killing the 1 or 2 players who obviously do not deserve to win that match but will be carried because the other players on their team out number the players on the other player with the one great player.

For example

T-A = 4/4/5/6/6/ & T-B = 10/6/3/3/3, that’s the best cast outcome from MM. If GW2 had a carry mechanic like all of the other relevant PvP games on the market has. That 10 if truly a 10 would be able to put himself into a position to win his 2v1 or even their 1v3 at times against the lower end of T-A. By doing so would empowered the 10 on T-B. Thus allowing him to snow ball the match dispite having completely useless team mates even tho if you look at both teams. The Avgerage MMRs are the same. However T-A in the current system will nearly always win, because anyone who’s played Season 5 or 6 will tell you, that most of the random pugs refuse to listen or have map chat off.

Yet some people will say you are responsible for not being able to hold 2 points by your self. Those last bit of sentences are the main reason players leaving. GW2 currently has no way of crediting players who are dominate in matches skillwise, but because of their ratings are suck with people who couldn’t care less. A carry mechanic like this would allow good players with unbalanced teams T-B to carry and win against the actual favored T-A. Now if conquest did not revolve around sitting on 2 points. I’d agree not carry feature is needed however that is not the case.

That brings us to the mechanic of GW2’s version of conquest. It’s a FPS Twitch Shooter game mode version of conquest in a MOBA-lite character environment. The two do and will never go well with each other. Which is why no MOBA’s version of conquest revolve around capturing and holding 2 out of 3 points. Because such a system without the proper algorithms, will never take into consideration for the player skill that it is trying to rate. And you end up like today in GW2 with players in Gold league in above that actually belongs in Bronze and vice versa.

The whole this is a team game speech. Completely falls apart when you have no choice but to be evaluated by the randos on your team. Most times randos that don’t care at all about winning. To most competitive players that is a big no go in their books.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

In a perfect yes I’d agree with you. However at least in GW2’s PvP. Most of the high rated leaderboard PvPers. Are too caught up in their own personal ratings. That they rather throw matches for each other on smurf accounts. Try to game the system so they can be on top.

And you are suggesting that these same players train newbros and sisters. Lol there is a reason why they haven’t been doing it yet. Their fragile little glass EGOs would be broken, if someone they trained ends a season higher on the leaderboards then them.

Learn from what has happened with the WvW communities. And their ultimate META that I’m sure they don’t even realized they created. The Server Stacking/Bandwagoning META[Not a single thing else in WvW comes close to that META, because it is absolute.] To be honest I can’t really blame them too much. These are the communities that ANet groomed up through it’s policies or lack of policies.

Nope ANet is just going to have to want the success of their PvP mode. And then put forth the time and resources needed to see that want through. Or else it’ll continue to dry up. Until it is completely dried up.

You really do hate the top players dont you.

I can literally taste the salt from here. But im sure you are probably better than all of them its clearly just their underhanded tactics and anet that are making them rise to the top.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

Now, I haven’t played Overwatch at all, but have played A LOT of MOBAs.
When you speak of a “carry” that usually means a character that is weak early on but gets stronger and stronger the more resources they acquire. In the early stages of the game however, they are totally dependent on their team-mates.

As you can see, this mechanic is impossible to implement to the conquest game-mode or to MMO-PvP in general, where a game is over in 8-10 minutes.

Carrying in general, is ALWAYS done with damage…but unfortunately in GW2 every class is STACKED with passive, low-CD survivablity. Even when you get a good, well-timed burst onto your target, it very rarely matters….which is the main issue here.

People running around with ~800 HP regen/sec (sup Warriors), perma Protection/Blocks, passive condi-cleanse, multiple invulns etc.etc. —> This is, what makes it so incredibly hard to carry.

Randomly giving people damage buffs is more of a band-aid than an actual solution.

(edited by BikeIsGone.8675)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Use per class MMR and don´t allow more then 300 diffence within a match …
If the population is too low then rethink 5:5 and add 4:4 or 3:3 modes ….
And yes in other shooters you can carry because you can eliminate others fast (Headshot …). But this is something very diffrent i don´t want to see in GW2.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I wouldn’t mind it. I would rather sit in 20+ min queues than in 5 min queue + 15 match that i am deemed to lose because i am facing top 10s while my team is all golds but me (yes, it is a thing actually).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I can literally taste the salt from here. But im sure you are probably better than all of them its clearly just their underhanded tactics and anet that are making them rise to the top.

Lol I love how you decided to try to come at me like a kid would. Then had the comical sense to say I’m salty. LOL. But since you don’t understand, I’ll spell it out for you in “For Dummies” terms.

No I don’t hate the top players never did. They was part of the reason I played PvP hardcore up until Season 3. This is a pure case of “I hate the system that punishes decent players for mistakes of the system.”

I mean what I hate about the system is that. More nowadays I can still go 1v2 and 1v3 at home and defend on a druid or scrapper. Load up on the top defense, top kills, and top revives, and still 5 out of 5 matches still not only get hit with the loss. But always with enoth rating deduction that it’ll take me 2 or 3 games to make it up. Then on top of it having players who’ve I’ve constantly get the better of in matches when, things are even. Telling me to Get Gud Scrub, or Learn to sit on 2 points at the same time BS.

Oh and something me and other players that used to play PvP in GW2 noticed. That the more you lose regardless of your personal merits during matches. The more progressively worst your team mates get. That mixed with 2/2/2/5/8 all solos going up against 10/10 duo’ed with 8/8 duo’ed and 5. Just makes people want to sell their GW2 account, if they are PvP oriented players. As now most PvP orented playes know. GW2 is now one of the worst games to play for players in the category. GW2 offers very little in terms of value, compared to other PvP games on the market.

TL/DR

I want my ability as a player to dictate my rating. If I can kill players while being outnumbered. For crying out loud I should get a tangible stat boost, enoth to become progressively powerful enoth to carry the match. Like in the other relevant PvP games I plays. Instead of being God Almighty in a match with not only nothing to show for it. But also massive lose of MMR and Rating. I’m tired of being brought down because of others, with little to no way of countering such a system. However again, since their are games out their that will reward my actual in match player skill, I’ll just go play those. This is one of the reasons why yall have so few players interested in PvPing GW2 these days.

GET A CLUE!

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Lol I love how you decided to try to come at me like a kid would. Then had the comical sense to say I’m salty. LOL. But since you don’t understand, I’ll spell it out for you in “For Dummies” terms.

No I don’t hate the top players never did. They was part of the reason I played PvP hardcore up until Season 3. This is a pure case of “I hate the system that punishes decent players for mistakes of the system.”

I mean what I hate about the system is that. More nowadays I can still go 1v2 and 1v3 at home and defend on a druid or scrapper. Load up on the top defense, top kills, and top revives, and still 5 out of 5 matches still not only get hit with the loss. But always with enoth rating deduction that it’ll take me 2 or 3 games to make it up. Then on top of it having players who’ve I’ve constantly get the better of in matches when, things are even. Telling me to Get Gud Scrub, or Learn to sit on 2 points at the same time BS.

Oh and something me and other players that used to play PvP in GW2 noticed. That the more you lose regardless of your personal merits during matches. The more progressively worst your team mates get. That mixed with 2/2/2/5/8 all solos going up against 10/10 duo’ed with 8/8 duo’ed and 5. Just makes people want to sell their GW2 account, if they are PvP oriented players. As now most PvP orented playes know. GW2 is now one of the worst games to play for players in the category. GW2 offers very little in terms of value, compared to other PvP games on the market.

TL/DR

For crying out loud I should get a tangible stat boost, enoth to become progressively powerful enoth to carry the match.
Instead of being God Almighty in a match with not only nothing to show for it.

You want a stat boost so you can win games? oh, God Almighty do tell us more

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

TL/DR

I want my ability as a player to dictate my rating. If I can kill players while being outnumbered. For crying out loud I should get a tangible stat boost, enoth to become progressively powerful enoth to carry the match. Like in the other relevant PvP games I plays. Instead of being God Almighty in a match with not only nothing to show for it. But also massive lose of MMR and Rating. I’m tired of being brought down because of others, with little to no way of countering such a system. However again, since their are games out their that will reward my actual in match player skill, I’ll just go play those. This is one of the reasons why yall have so few players interested in PvPing GW2 these days.

GET A CLUE!

So much easier to just blame everything and everyone else isn’kitten

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

TL/DR

For crying out loud I should get a tangible stat boost, enoth to become progressively powerful enoth to carry the match.

You want a stat boost so you can win games? yeah, bro that’s some high skill player input right there.

Funny how you only quoted part on my post. You did this purposely to try to discredit me because you know I’m right, and otherwise you’d have no ground to stand on in order to bash me.

However since I’m a fair guy. I’ll help correct it for you.

“TL/DR

GET A CLUE!"

Now it sound alot different. Then what you childishly tried to make it out to be. Don’kitten Again stop attacking my posts like a child would. Come at me with constructive conversations. It’ll potentially help improve your PvP population crisis. After all what better way to understand not only why players are leaving. But also not returning, after exploring other PvP games. Nope instead you’d rather be a destructive person to your gaming community. And farther disenfranchising such players who left. While let me give a good point of advice. You can not make a player angry by attempting to troll them. With such childish tactics, when said players are no longer playing and therefor no longer effected by the Population Crisis that’s in full swing, in YOUR community.

But yes lol continue to be a burden to your community. Continue to disinterest even more players from trying to even help you slow, if not stop YOUR population crisis. There is a reason alot of forum posts on these forums. Went from unbalanced and unfair matches. To now.. -Uhoh maybe we should’ve listened to those PvPers we used to have.- What yall currently are seeing is the fact that people like you was in fact the minority. People like me was in fact the majority. So of course after players like myself left after our complaints was ridiculed or continued to fall on deaf ears. Yall now have a population crisis from the which yall have never seen before. I’ve seen this happened in many games I’ve played in the past. I’d tried so hard to stop GW2’s PvP community from getting to this point. However I have failed us. As for my atonement for such failure. I will continue to have in relevant PvP games.

Welcome to your planet hell. The hell yall created for your selves. For your selves. I do hope yall enjoy it. Because now yall have to play in it alone.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Funny how you only quoted part on my post. You did this purposely to try to discredit me because you know I’m right, and otherwise you’d have no ground to stand on in order to bash me.

“TL/DR

GET A CLUE!"

Now it sound alot different. Then what you childishly tried to make it out to be. Don’kitten Again stop attacking my posts like a child would. Come at me with constructive conversations. It’ll potentially help improve your PvP population crisis. After all what better way to understand not only why players are leaving. But also not returning, after exploring other PvP games. Nope instead you’d rather be a destructive person to your gaming community. And farther disenfranchising such players who left. While let me give a good point of advice. You can not make a player angry by attempting to troll them. With such childish tactics, when said players are no longer playing and therefor no longer effected by the Population Crisis that’s in full swing, in YOUR community.

But yes lol continue to be a burden to your community. Continue to disinterest even more players from trying to even help you slow, if not stop YOUR population crisis. There is a reason alot of forum posts on these forums. Went from unbalanced and unfair matches. To now.. -Uhoh maybe we should’ve listened to those PvPers we used to have.- What yall currently are seeing is the fact that people like you was in fact the minority. People like me was in fact the majority. So of course after players like myself left after our complaints was ridiculed or continued to fall on deaf ears. Yall now have a population crisis from the which yall have never seen before. I’ve seen this happened in many games I’ve played in the past. I’d tried so hard to stop GW2’s PvP community from getting to this point. However I have failed us. As for my atonement for such failure. I will continue to have in relevant PvP games.

Welcome to your planet hell. The hell yall created for your selves. For your selves. I do hope yall enjoy it. Because now yall have to play in it alone.

ok, i see you’re pretty rustled. that’s cool.

now, it’s kinda weird and cool that you think putting ‘For crying out loud I should get a tangible stat boost, enoth to become progressively powerful enoth to carry the match.’ in a paragraph gives it another meaning. it doesn’t dude, it’s still asking for a boost to your stats so you have an advantage so you can win more games. like dude, that’s what you’re asking for.

it’s a pretty lame thing to ask for homes. i’ve seen players like helseth and sind carry without having an unfair advantage, so idk why you think this is something the game needs, because it’s obviously possible to carry right now. i feel like it’s something you need to win some games.

as for all this calling me a child, and acting like i’m somehow gw2 pvps metaphorical gardener/caretaker i’m not, but alright dude.
you do you, continue ‘being God Almighty in a match with not only nothing to show for it.’ i don’t mind.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

TL/DR

You want a stat boost so you can win games? yeah, bro that’s some high skill player input right there.

“TL/DR

GET A CLUE!"

This man is clearly the hero anet needs but can’t afford right now. They will have to chase him

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

This man is clearly the hero anet needs but can’t afford right now. They will have to chase him

And you are among one of trolls that ANet has as a majority of it’s PvP population now. Alot of good that’s doing the game mode right now.

And yet the point you still failing to even see. Looking at YALL’s population crisis. Apparently they do. Imagine if ANet was to get the game in the position that would entice 5000 or more Reaper Alim.4176 , type PvPers to return. Imagine if ANet not only got 5000 or more Reaper Alim.4176 type PvPers to return, but to also stay because of meaningful PvP battles to be had, that those 5000 Reaper Alim.4176 would be back to old days where they was too busy throwing hundreds of USDs on skins and dyes per a month, because it was fun, and wasn’t disgruntled. Not only would YOUR population crisis would just be a joke of the past at that point. But also ANet is back to making bank off of these types of players. Now am I Right?

But lets be honest that won’t happen. At this point because of the low potential of ROI from PvP atm. ANet would more then likely rather convince more non competitive players to just spam ranked matches only to idle in spawn. Rather then put forth relevant PvP developmental effort, aim at a serious bid to win us back to PvP in GW2. Yeah that’s not likely to happen. So your PvP game mode and community will continue to degenerate, and bleed even more players. Till they leave.

GGWP guys.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Sultane.9150

Didn’t mean for this to be a kitten-talking thread or one in which we complain about the game. Just wanted to give a suggestion.

I’m not on GW2 forums often so I guess I was never familiar with how toxic of an environment it is….honestly just expected people to either voice their support or opposition to my suggestion. Guess I’m just used to Runescape forums…you guys should learn from them. Pretty friendly environment.

in PvP

Sultane.9150

…Still think this would be a cool idea

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Certain classes can’t carry as well as others. This would just give x player an advantage over the others. Or is the idea? After all the debate I’m not sure if this is supposed to help or give certain classes a nice buff to be even stronger than the ones who already can’t carry

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

…Still think this would be a cool idea

It is, if it was realistically possible.

Ideas is definitely what the community needs but everything in this thread has all been thought of before. The initial jump-start threads is what made Anet change their individual +5 kill point system that the game had since launch. The whole “individual skill measurement” thing is just too intricate to implement effectively.

Overwatch is considered a more simplified game with static builds, yet it’s still a game made up of a win/lose system just like GW2 because they can’t calculate “individual skill” without playing lots and lots of games. It’s matchmaking is just eons better because >insert numerous reasons<.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)