[Suggestion] MMR tiers & rewards @Ranked PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Blackstar.3475

Blackstar.3475

With the recent changes I’m really hooked on sPvP. The matchmaking system might not be perfect, but it’s quite user-friendly imo. However…

Currently there’s no real incentive to join a ranked match, since an unranked match gives you the exact same rewards and achievements. We should inspire people to become more competitive and reward the people that are able to set themselves apart of the rest by having a better understanding of tactics and mechanics.

I’d love to see the following things implemented in the future:

• PvP titles based on MMR (NOT the current PvP ranks)
  • MMR tiers / divisions (categories)
  • Unique rewards that can only be obtained by certain MMR tiers. (Example: A cape as back piece)
  • Improved in-game communication:
  1. VoIP, no need for further explanation.
  2. Voice commands, only if there’s a reason not to implement VoIP.
  3. Hot-key sound commands. (someone else already made a thread about this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggestion-PvP-matches-communication/first#post4669928)
    Of course the new communication tools should be secured with certain features like mute and should be non-spammable.

I believe when ranked matches becomes more relevant, it’ll influence every PvP-er to communicate more with the team and to learn more about the tactics.

I’d love to hear your thoughts about it and if you’ve more ideas on how to improve ranked matches for the PvP community, feel free to share it below.

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Hey, nice proposals but I think using MMR to reward ppl insted of leaderboard rank isn’t that good because basically mmr is hidden and it would be less intuitive.

But ye they need to fix the leaderboard first because no one in the top 100 or even more deserv such a place, isn’t competitive at all. (or maybe competitve in term of who can spam the games faster than each other…)

[vM] Alkore

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

We have too few players to divide in tiers. Just look how easy is to get in the 1k leaderboards.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Better to just make it so PvP rank doesn’t go up in unranked games so players who are only in it for the loot/reward tracks/practice don’t get the unique PvP finishers.

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

Top tier players should get capes and other visual stimuli to set them apart from the average player. I am in no way top tier but IMO top tier players should have exclusive pvp armors, weapons, capes, etc. There is really no way to know who you are dealing with unless you know them by name. This goes for all 3 genres. Pve elites, wvw, and pvp should all have items exclusive to top tier players. They could also break it down to low and mid tier items for us scrubs. These should be awarded, at least for pvp, through tourney wins, not leader board rankings.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Blackstar.3475

Blackstar.3475

Hey, nice proposals but I think using MMR to reward ppl insted of leaderboard rank isn’t that good because basically mmr is hidden and it would be less intuitive.

But ye they need to fix the leaderboard first because no one in the top 100 or even more deserv such a place, isn’t competitive at all. (or maybe competitve in term of who can spam the games faster than each other…)

Thank you! And we could come up with PvP ranking tiers based on MMR, so it remains hidden. There should be 5 tiers that are defined for: professionals, semi-pro, advanced, intermediate and beginner players.

We need a match history, improved match data (statistics) and fitting rewards for each tier. If each tier player has its own special aura “glow”, that would be sweet.

Some people will become high-ranked and others would love to learn from them, so they can obtain the prestigious PvP rank tier too. Hopefully this leads to a snowball effect, like creating PvP guides and more stream viewers.

We have too few players to divide in tiers. Just look how easy is to get in the 1k leaderboards.

Sadly the sPvP community is quite small, but that’s exactly the reason why we need to make sPvP rewarding, especially when a player is doing well.

Better to just make it so PvP rank doesn’t go up in unranked games so players who are only in it for the loot/reward tracks/practice don’t get the unique PvP finishers.

If only ArenaNet implemented like this from the start, then this would be a great starting point. But now I can already imagine ton of complains by the unranked people when their PvP ranks disappears.

That’s why I think ranked sPvP should get something exclusive, e..g. MMR ranking tiers & prestigious rewards.

Top tier players should get capes and other visual stimuli to set them apart from the average player. I am in no way top tier but IMO top tier players should have exclusive pvp armors, weapons, capes, etc. There is really no way to know who you are dealing with unless you know them by name. This goes for all 3 genres. Pve elites, wvw, and pvp should all have items exclusive to top tier players. They could also break it down to low and mid tier items for us scrubs. These should be awarded, at least for pvp, through tourney wins, not leader board rankings.

Exactly. I’m usually slightly above average in competitive games, because I’m just copying and learning from the pro’s. The reason why I want to get better is to obtain the rewards and to be acknowledged for investing my time to polish up my PvP skills to a certain level.

I really hope ArenaNet will have plans to add exclusive rewards for Ranked PvP, a small one for everyone that tried it and an exclusive one for the top tier players.

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

I totally agree with the OP. It’d be enjoyable to have a high-end objective to play at a profesional level PvP (aside from weekly Tournaments, that obviously are huge) and something like categories based on MMR (I think Anet PvP Devs already said that they are going to add leagues or some sort of thing) or using the actual Leaderboard in some way, are ways to make that thing possible.

As OP said too, more rewards (based on whatever category you are) means more incentive to play PvP and therefore more people will try out PvP making the PvP community grow (logically, MMR based categories would make new players face new players, making everything equal to everyone).

IMO, we’ll eventually get this, either way, nice post Blackstar!