Suggestion: Multiplikative damage reduction

in PvP

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

In the current system, damage reduction effects work additively. Example:

Tempest with protectin (-40%), frost aura (-10%), geomancer’s defense (-10%) and scrapper runes (-7%).

current system: tempest takes 67% reduces damage.

I suggest to change the system to multplicative damage reduction. It means that each percentage value modifies the previous one instead of adding up all percentages.

new system: tempest takes (0.6*0.9*0.9*0.93=0,452=45,2%) damage. This is a damage redcution of 54,8%.

Pros: Anet does not need to nerf protection or certain damage reduction effects. A single one of these is still as effective as before, only stacking is nerfed.

Another extreme scenario is a revenant with “rite of the great dwarf”. In combination with protection, forst aura and scrapper runes, he can get 100% damage reduction ( 50%33%10%+7%). With the new system he would get a damage reduction of 72%, which is still strong but no where close to invulnerability.

A similar change could be done to reduced condition duration. You may have heard about “nike warrior” in WvW, running hoelbrak runes with condi duration food and the trait “dogged march”, leading to 73% reduced duration of movement impairing conditions. However if an enemy has +100% condition duration, he would still take 127% duration on these condis. A change to condi reduction effects could solve both problems: In the first case the war would have 57% reduced duration, however in the second case the condi duration would significantly drop to 85% (a reduction by 115%)

What do you think?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Tempest with protectin (-40%), frost aura (-10%), geomancer’s defense (-10%) and scrapper runes (-7%).
What do you think?

1. Tempests don’t use scrapper runes
2. Meta tempests have frost aura about 25% of the time
3. If your team has a necro, then the protection is constantly stripped
4. Ele has 11k base health
5. Ele uses light armor and therefore takes about 10% more damage than a war/rev/guard
6. Ele has no passive invuln proc
7. Bulwark gyro and Rise are stronger than anything that you mentioned

in PvP

UBcktieDL.5318

What do you think?

5. Ele uses light armor and therefore takes about 10% more damage than a war/rev/guard

I summarize your post:

Oh no someone wants to nerf my class!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

What do you think?

I summarize your post:

I summarise your post:

I don’t like eles so therefore I’m going to moan that they are too survivable even though scrapper can survive for 500x longer and even does more damage.

in PvP

UBcktieDL.5318

What do you think?

I summarize your post:

I summarise your post:

I don’t like eles so therefore I’m going to moan that they are too survivable even though scrapper can survive for 500x longer and even does more damage.

You are completely wrong. I played a lot of ele this season. It is a problematic with every single class, including your hated scrapper. But it is useless to argue with you.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Also add weakness to the equation, since everyone can spam it now. So that’s close to 80% dmg reduction.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

I was under the impression that negative dmg modifiers work the same as positive ones, i.e. they’re multiplicative.