(Suggestion) PvP - Duels [merged]

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

A duel is not an kitten (ei peen, god the censoring in this forum is so dumb) contest, it’s a tool, dueling is the single best way to improve your ability to pvp, spvp is far too chaotic and unappealing to new players, regardless of their pvp background.

You give players these tools to familiarize themselves with their class, increasing their confidence and reaction time, and they will use them, which makes it more likely that they’ll try spvp and get more satisfaction out of it.

Especially considering that ANet is trying to push this game into esports, they need every bit of incentive they can find.

Besides all that, it’s a fun feature, who doesn’t want to have a quick duel while waiting for that guy with 30 bag slots who has to clean his inventory after every run.

@Linken.6345 they can just add a checkbox in the option menu to auto decline all duel requests and problem fixed.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

in PvP

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

A duel is not an kitten (ei peen, god the censoring in this forum is so dumb) contest, it’s a tool, dueling is the single best way to improve your ability to pvp, spvp is far too chaotic and unappealing to new players, regardless of their pvp background.

You give players these tools to familiarize themselves with their class, increasing their confidence and reaction time, and they will use them, which makes it more likely that they’ll try spvp and get more satisfaction out of it.

Especially considering that ANet is trying to push this game into esports, they need every bit of incentive they can find.

Besides all that, it’s a fun feature, who doesn’t want to have a quick duel while waiting for that guy with 30 bag slots who has to clean his inventory after every run.

@Linken.6345 they can just add a checkbox in the option menu to auto decline all duel requests and problem fixed.

Sounds like you’re new to the game.
Dueling creates terrible community and ArenaNet wants to keep their community friendly as possible and I’d hope dueling never comes. If you want to get better at PvP then go sPvP and study your skills and learn how to encounter your opponents. Spvp gives you all the tools you need to study and learn your class to the fullest to go against other players.

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

Dueling creates terrible community and ArenaNet wants to keep their community friendly as possible and I’d hope dueling never comes. If you want to get better at PvP then go sPvP and study your skills and learn how to encounter your opponents. Spvp gives you all the tools you need to study and learn your class to the fullest to go against other players.

Dueling creates a terrible community, how did you come to this conclusion? The reason this community is friendly is because the game promotes and rewards team play, dueling or the lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I’m not new to the game, but that’s hardly relevant to this discussion.

I already explained why trying to get learn pvp in a tvt environment is a terrible idea, it’s overwhelming, and outright offputting to new players, they need to take in too much information at once, they don’t know why they’re dying or where the damage is coming from, because they simply don’t know what other classes do due to lack experience. So they have a bad time and never return, or simply wait until they have to whole game figured out before jumping into TvT due to their insecurity.

Then again, just like you enjoy a pvp-free game, some of us would really enjoy the ability to duel eachother outside of hotm because it’s fun to us, and implementing this system with the option to auto-decline is the best of both worlds.

in PvP

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Back in beta, the PvP dev said that open world dueling was something they would like to do. It just had no priority. GW2 is based around team combat, so what they ended up offering was just that, team dueling through custom arenas. Guild halls will also offer the ability to duel and I doubt open world dueling will ever be implemented now.

in PvP

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Player A says duel me
Player B ok
A kills B

A Man you kitten noob I wrecked you
B If I were on so and so class I would so f you up

Yea we dont want talk like this in our game

Edit
Even if people can auto decline it, that still would stop certain people running after pesting to get duels asking what they are scared of or name calling em words like the p one for cat

(edited by Linken.6345)

in PvP

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Dueling creates a terrible community, how did you come to this conclusion? The reason this community is friendly is because the game promotes and rewards team play, dueling or the lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I’m not new to the game, but that’s hardly relevant to this discussion.

I already explained why trying to get learn pvp in a tvt environment is a terrible idea, it’s overwhelming, and outright offputting to new players, they need to take in too much information at once, they don’t know why they’re dying or where the damage is coming from, because they simply don’t know what other classes do due to lack experience. So they have a bad time and never return, or simply wait until they have to whole game figured out before jumping into TvT due to their insecurity.

Then again, just like you enjoy a pvp-free game, some of us would really enjoy the ability to duel eachother outside of hotm because it’s fun to us, and implementing this system with the option to auto-decline is the best of both worlds.

I’d accept an auto-decline if that was the default choice (meaning those who wish to duel have to turn auto-decline off, those who don’t want to duel don’t have to do anything), not allowed in starter zones, and not possible on the Play for Free accounts (you have to risk your paid account if you wish to be a jerk).

in PvP

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Costume_Brawl

in PvP

Seera.5916

And you do realize that some of us enjoy playing GW2 because it lacks open world dueling?

ANet wants PvP to be about player skill. Not who has been playing the longest or has the most money. You can’t get that in open world. There’s no way to do that without having everyone have no progression at all. And lack of progression isn’t good for an MMO.

Then you can enjoy playing GW2 by not accepting dueling invite. With dueling implemented, no one has a gun forced on your head to duel with that player.

Open world Dueling can still have player skill. Unlike other MMO, level 80 are downscaled to the level zone. Second, The gear in Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have a big gap unlike other MMO. Plus, the lower level and PvEr not interesting in dueling has the option to not accept dueling invites.

I personally don’t have a problem if they add duels or if they don’t add duels. I just know of players who seem to be a magnet for the trolls who abuse the duel system. Even with a decline function. GW2 being the only MMO I’ve ever played, I can’t say if that’s a majority or if that’s a minority, just that they enjoy GW2 partly because of the lack of duels.

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I fail to see how duelling causes a terrible community, look at the duelling community in WvW for example.

Just implement it already, with an option to not even be able to be invited to duel as well as (for those that want to duel) a character icon displaying “Duelist” or something meaning you are open to invites to duel which you would then have to accept.

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

Player A says duel me
Player B ok
A kills B

Edit
Even if people can auto decline it, that still would stop certain people running after pesting to get duels asking what they are scared of or name calling em words like the p one for cat

Doesn’t this already happen when you fail dungeons with a pug?

You simply can’t create a cuddly utopia, people are going to get angry and lash at eachother for whatever reason, the jerk who called you out for declining a duel is going to insult you for failing a dungeon or failing to do something as he demands anyway, dueling is not going to have a major effect in that regard.

I’d accept an auto-decline if that was the default choice (meaning those who wish to duel have to turn auto-decline off, those who don’t want to duel don’t have to do anything), not allowed in starter zones, and not possible on the Play for Free accounts (you have to risk your paid account if you wish to be a jerk).

I’m all in for having auto-decline as default.

in PvP

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

imagine the increase in toxicity with the increase of elitism. Or even worse, people use it as a way to open world gambling

in PvP

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I think it’s a nice feature to have, but not really too important, especially considering most PvE builds aren’t optimized for 1v1ing another player.

With that said, I can’t think of any logical arguments against it other than “dev time might be better spent elsewhere”.

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

imagine the increase in toxicity with the increase of elitism. Or even worse, people use it as a way to open world gambling

let them gamble their lives away if that’s their coup of tea, i don’t know how that affects you.

you guys really are blowing this out of proportion, it’s just a duel, every other game has it.

in PvP

Posted by: freedomgeass.4756

freedomgeass.4756

let them gamble their lives away if that’s their coup of tea, i don’t know how that affects you.

you guys really are blowing this out of proportion, it’s just a duel, every other game has it.

And if every other game got a sub fee should we?

karma booster? What karma Booster.

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

Apples and oranges. Business model is an entirely different creature.

in PvP

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are as many people against dueling as for it. For the OP it’s a feature. There are reasons some of us don’t like dueling, but it’s been rehashed so many times already why bother?

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

There are as many people against dueling as for it. For the OP it’s a feature. There are reasons some of us don’t like dueling, but it’s been rehashed so many times already why bother?

I’m just having a hard time understanding your point of view, this feature would only affect those interested in it positively while not affecting the rest whatsoever. It’s such a selfish mentality coming from a self-proclaimed nice community, “I don’t want it so we can’t have it”.

in PvP

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

No… not in the pve …maybe in Hotm would be ok.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Player A says duel me
Player B ok
A kills B

Edit

Weird. In dueling arena, it goes like this.

Player A says duel me.
Player B says ok.
Player A kills B.

Player A: GG
Player B: GG.

Player C comes out of nowhere and stomp B and kill A.

I think you are making stuff up.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Look, we have no idea whether adding a consensual dueling option is going to change PvE in a positive or negative way. It’s impossible to back up claims supporting either theory.

What we do know is that lots of people enjoy GW2 because it’s different from other MMOs in a number of ways, including the fact that PvE is (generally) cooperative rather than competitive. Dueling doesn’t really fit into that philosophy, so I imagine ANet hasn’t considered it important to add.

OTOH, guild halls in HoT will offer places to duel, so I am inclined to wait for that to come out before feeling we need even to ask whether this belongs in the game or not. It might be that the arena in GH increases the demand enough to support changes to the UI. Or it might be that people find it’s not necessary.

tl;dr too soon to say whether this is an issue for the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in PvP

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~

Your last 5 words are all the reason NOT to have it in GW2, because every other game has it…if you like open world dueling so much, go play those other games. It has no place in GW2, it doesn’t fit the premise of this game nor does it fall into how A.net wants their community to behave…and there have been numerous studies that show open world dueling increases the hostility level and conflict between players/community members. As for your contention that sPvP is to intimidating to new players…that was the whole purpose behind PvP101 on Points of Interest(which I’m sure will return after HoT launches)…and HotM vs the bots isn’t intimidating at all…or people can read the forums, numerous websites, watch YouTube video’s…there’s countless ways to learn PvP…even those custom arenas…or joining a Guild that will teach new players how to PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagach.3276

Sagach.3276

~Snip~

Your last 5 words are all the reason NOT to have it in GW2, because every other game has it…if you like open world dueling so much, go play those other games. It has no place in GW2, it doesn’t fit the premise of this game nor does it fall into how A.net wants their community to behave…and there have been numerous studies that show open world dueling increases the hostility level and conflict between players/community members. As for your contention that sPvP is to intimidating to new players…that was the whole purpose behind PvP101 on Points of Interest(which I’m sure will return after HoT launches)…and HotM vs the bots isn’t intimidating at all…or people can read the forums, numerous websites, watch YouTube video’s…there’s countless ways to learn PvP…even those custom arenas…or joining a Guild that will teach new players how to PvP.

I think you’re confusing open world PVP with dueling. One is ganking and troll prone while the other one is fun and can be a great teaching tool for new players. You don’t have to participate in dueling and it’s usually really hard to spam dueling invites. I miss dueling and would definitely use it.

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

Having a good community should come with the game not just “we have cool people because we dont allow duels here!”

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

Well I like this game better, that’s the reason I’m still playing it despite the lack of duels.

Mind sharing a link to these studies? You have the opportunity to shut me up right and here. Keep in mind that we’re not talking about ganking here.

Yeah, people can read the forums, and view numerous websites, and watch youtube videos, and they could allow them to duel on a whim as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

Ok first off op, if EVERY game has dueling, explain to me why Destiny, GW1, PlanetSide 2, and many other MMOGs don’t have dueling. 2nd, it seems to me that you are one of those biased people who does not try to look at the other point of view. Correct me if that is wrong, but that’s what I observed.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

in PvP

Seera.5916

~Snip~

But just because every MMO has it doesn’t mean GW2 can’t have it.

To the thread:

Another reason it likely isn’t in is if they add in dueling, they directly support 1v1 fights and the game isn’t balanced around 1v1 fights. Which would add in yet another area ANet has to balance against if they add in anything that would directly support 1v1 fights. And ANet has enough issue balancing with just PvP, WvW, and PvE to consider.

What’s coming in the Guild Halls will likely be officially for GvG. But everyone knows people will use it for 1v1.

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

what in the kitten are you talking about?

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

Because its obvious that people that dont like dueling are the type of people who don’t pvp in a game where PvP is its best aspect.

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

Ok first off op, if EVERY game has dueling, explain to me why Destiny, GW1, PlanetSide 2, and many other MMOGs don’t have dueling. 2nd, it seems to me that you are one of those biased people who does not try to look at the other point of view. Correct me if that is wrong, but that’s what I observed.

Excuse my hyperbole, I didn’t mean to say “literally every game in existance has duels”, but the majority does.

I’m trying but nobody managed to provide feedback other than “because I think people are going to be mean” without evidence to back it up. Read more here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-we-re-still-not-getting-duels/first#post5491811 and here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-we-re-still-not-getting-duels/first#post5491880.

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

The other point of view is people don’t want to be harassed by duel requests, If that is the case they should have a auto decline option.

DONE AND DONE.

Why are we still argueing why GW2 should have dueling when it should already be in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

Excuse my hyperbole, I didn’t mean to say “literally every game in existance has duels”, but the majority does.

I’m trying but nobody managed to provide feedback other than “because I think people are going to be mean” without evidence to back it up. Read more here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-we-re-still-not-getting-duels/first#post5491811 and here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-we-re-still-not-getting-duels/first#post5491880.

Ok good point. Now let’s look at this at another angle. You wonder how dueling would be bad for the game. I think they should only add things that will improve the game. Tell me, how would dueling do that?

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

in PvP

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m just having a hard time understanding your point of view, this feature would only affect those interested in it positively while not affecting the rest whatsoever. It’s such a selfish mentality coming from a self-proclaimed nice community, “I don’t want it so we can’t have it”.

Okay, let’s talk basics. There are different kinds of players. Casual players and competitive players.

In every single area of the game, competitive players and casual players butt heads. Every single area.

In dungeons, you don’t like my ranger or necro, even though I enjoy playing them, because they’re not “most efficient”. I never play for most efficient and I don’t play with anyone who does. Not my thing.

The more competitive something is, the more seriously people take it, the more insults start flying, the more trash talking happens, the more people get mad if someone makes a mistake.

This game has drawn a largely cooperative/casual crowd, because PvE over all is too easy for the competitive crowd. The open world, when there’s no stupid events running that make people more competitive, is a happy casual place. It doesn’t draw competitive people. They find it boring.

But open world PvP and to a lesser degree dueling would draw a different type of person into the casual happy open world. Right not map chat is pretty nice most of the time. You don’t think that will change, but I do.

I’d rather have more features that attract yet more casuals, because that makes a better game environment for me. It’s the reason why chat in early zones is often much nicer than chat in the Heart of the Mists.

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

Ok good point. Now let’s look at this at another angle. You wonder how dueling would be bad for the game. I think they should only add things that will improve the game. Tell me, how would dueling do that?

He already stated that Its overwhelming for new players or players new to a certain class / spec to hop in to team play that involves 9 other players around them!

1v1 duels are good for refining and getting to know your build without the consequences of being destroyed in TvT pvp by a group of D/D eles.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Given how many things this game does better than other MMOs, the lack of dueling is hardly a loss to me. Still, it would be nice I guess, in certain areas like the home instances or the guild halls as stated.

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Not yet, but hopefully soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Given how many things this game does better than other MMOs, the lack of dueling is hardly a loss to me. Still, it would be nice I guess, in certain areas like the home instances or the guild halls as stated.

You bet, it is coming to guild hall as a feature in HoT.

So should we stop this already?

Duel will be there, in guild hall…

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

The same way a trivial jumping puzzle would, it’s content, options, they give people something to do, or at least the group that cares for it. It doesn’t necessarily have to have a purpose in the grand scheme of things. Besides, practice.

Okay, let’s talk basics. There are different kinds of players. Casual players and competitive players.

In every single area of the game, competitive players and casual players butt heads. Every single area.

In dungeons, you don’t like my ranger or necro, even though I enjoy playing them, because they’re not “most efficient”. I never play for most efficient and I don’t play with anyone who does. Not my thing.

The more competitive something is, the more seriously people take it, the more insults start flying, the more trash talking happens, the more people get mad if someone makes a mistake.

This game has drawn a largely cooperative/casual crowd, because PvE over all is too easy for the competitive crowd. The open world, when there’s no stupid events running that make people more competitive, is a happy casual place. It doesn’t draw competitive people. They find it boring.

But open world PvP and to a lesser degree dueling would draw a different type of person into the casual happy open world. Right not map chat is pretty nice most of the time. You don’t think that will change, but I do.

I’d rather have more features that attract yet more casuals, because that makes a better game environment for me. It’s the reason why chat in early zones is often much nicer than chat in the Heart of the Mists.

I see, you think ANet did a good job at segregating both types of players and you’re afraid they’re gonna mix up and create chaos, so to speak.

I think that’s a bit too extreme, worst case scenario someone’s gonna get angry and cuss at the other guy in general chat and forget he exists in a minute, but from my experience, about 90% of the time the outcome is positive, both players know what they’re getting into, you’d be surprised how rare those ill willed encounters are (“I hate this guy with every fiber of my being and i’m gonna get so upset if I lose”). Especially since you’re mostly gonna be dueling with your friends for fun, practice, or you just want to show them something cool.

We can agree to disagree though, we have our reasons to believe our opinions hold more weight. Thanks for showing me your prespective.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Nobody is going to buy GW2 just to duel in open world. That’s dumb. The only people who will take advantage of that feature are the people who already own the game, which means the community overall won’t change one bit. The only thing that would change is people now have something to do when waiting for a boss to spawn or a queue to pop.

in PvP

Daharahj.1325

Nobody is going to buy GW2 just to duel in open world.

It’s not game breaking for most that’s for sure.

The only people who will take advantage of that feature are the people who already own the game, which means the community overall won’t change one bit.

Not true, when I was a newbie myself I wanted nothing more but to be able to duel and discover what mine and other classes were capable of doing, I love pvp, but spvp was suicidal and outright stressing, for a new player a tvt is just a giant blurr. Now that the game has gone f2p a lot of new people are going through the same and I can relate.

The only thing that would change is people now have something to do when waiting for a boss to spawn or a queue to pop.

Well that’s a plus, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Nobody is going to buy GW2 just to duel in open world. That’s dumb. The only people who will take advantage of that feature are the people who already own the game, which means the community overall won’t change one bit. The only thing that would change is people now have something to do when waiting for a boss to spawn or a queue to pop.

Unlike now when people cant do anything while they wait for bosses to spawn or a que to pop oh wait they can.
Harvest stuff talk to people do events kill mobs to build up stacks of + attributes etc

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Player A says duel me
Player B ok
A kills B

Edit

Weird. In dueling arena, it goes like this.

Player A says duel me.
Player B says ok.
Player A kills B.

Player A: GG
Player B: GG.

Player C comes out of nowhere and stomp B and kill A.

I think you are making stuff up.

That is my experience, or more so…

Both players stand off, jump up and down.
Player A /bow
Player B /bow
Duel till someone comes along and attacks Player B, Player A stands back and watches Player B destroy the incoming attacker and stomp him.
Player B /bow
Player A /bow
Duel again until Player A is down.
Player B /bow
Player A revives, then /bow
Sometimes: Player A & B discuss tactics.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Yep, no PVP/dueling in open world.

Thank goodness for that.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Unlike now when people cant do anything while they wait for bosses to spawn or a que to pop oh wait they can.
Harvest stuff talk to people do events kill mobs to build up stacks of + attributes etc

Riiiight. Because doing low level events that I can casually one shot by now and harvesting nodes is what I call an entertaining use of my time.

I’d much rather have a fun and engaging duel or watch other people duel to pass the time. Additionally none of your suggestions work if you’re waiting for a queue in the Mists. PVPers have to just sit and wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

No mounts, No duels, No capes!!!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I can think of many reasons not to have open world Duels.

1. It is not needed as when Guild Halls will be released we will probably be able to 1vs1 in our arena.

2. It is not needed as we can duel in PvP Arenas and almost every serious PvP or PvX guild has one.

3. Toxic community will thrive. I played LoTRO before GW2 and I got spar invites every now and then and those who wanted to spar whas Higher level than me, they where just after an easy kill for no reason. I got tired and clicked the checkbox to auto-decline spar invites and instead I started getting tells that I was a coward, a looser, chicken and a few other cute kittens. Instad of clicking decline every now and then I had to click around to block them instead and got to hear what a wonderfull person I am.
This was not daily but I would like GW2 as it is and not having this Toxicity at all.

4. Open world Duels would clutter up places where people are waiting for other players. Like by the bank, traders, Dungeon Entrances, Trading Post. This is unecesary clutter and sounds I don’t want when I am for example doing some bank errands, it is enough as it is allready with elementalists doing firestorms and lava eruptions on masses of people (Who not taking damage but it is annoying for some).

5. I think that programing Open World PvP is not easy and is just not only a switch they pull and whoala we have Open World PvP.

So I think Anet knows exactly the importance of Open World Duels, not very important.

Edit:

I’d much rather have a fun and engaging duel or watch other people duel to pass the time. Additionally none of your suggestions work if you’re waiting for a queue in the Mists. PVPers have to just sit and wait.

Umm… No, I go and wack some NPC’s while wating for queue, not always but sometimes.
Sometimes I am looking on the forums, the horn sound tells me when it’s time to change screen.
And other times I talk rubbish with some Map-chatters.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

1v1 dueling in open world is already available. Just go to wvwvw and don’t run around with the zerg. There will always be other non-zerg players on the opposing side roaming around who will oblige you with the combat you seek.

in PvP

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Hmm let see content, raids, masteries, guild halls, new maps, new armor and skins amongst other expansion features or duelling something you will be able to do in guild halls what should Anet spend time on.

Sylvari mean

in PvP

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

No mounts, No duels, No capes!!!

You, sir, are my kind of guy.

It’s not that I’m against duels, as such… but they don’t interest me and as such I’d rather ArenaNet didn’t divert resources to develop it.

in PvP

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

In every game I have played with open world dueling, fights between players on the chat channel always erupt making the chat channel horrible, and it happened every single day and seemed like every minute. So no, I do not want to see that crap coming into the PVE channels.

in PvP

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

I didn’t read everything so sorry if I repeat something that has allready been said.

1) In the incoming guild hall you’ll be able to 1v1 not only your guildies, but probably anyone since I bet we’ll be able to inv ppl to show off^^.

2) Some just love the fact that there is no duel. Ofc some might say “but you have to agree to start the duel”… ok, and like in every MMO where you get that option you’ll find yourself spam with duel invitation from every PvPboyZ that are too bad to go sPvP but want to show you how “good” they think they are. And it is even worse when it is a full stuff HL that spam low-lvl, and it happen a lot in a lot of MMOs.

3) Some just simply don’t see the point. I mean, personnaly I never understood the need to duel. I’m not anti-duel, I jut don’t see the point. you can’t compare anything when you try 1v1 two different classes just that 1 player is better than the other in this special situation. But I have nothing against a dedicated area in the game where you can specifically go 1v1.

So for now Anet don’t plan to add 1v1. but maybe they will, maybe it is plan with HoT they just don’t think it is worth a blogpost. But if a significant part of the players want it it’ll be add at some point.