Suggestion: Resistance not as a full negate

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Not sure if this has been said before or not (or what others think), but what I was thinking is to give classes a bit more access to resistance – more than condi clear – and have resistance not be a full denial but a percentage reduction (similar to protection).

Example: Resistance reduces condi duration on you by X% or Resistance reduces condi damage on you by X%.

Reason: Problem in balancing out condi, in my opinion, is that the defense is only full negation.

Resistance currently stops it from affecting you for a time and condi clear, well, does the same but permanently. This way you give people a defense mechanism that is not a full “shutdown”…. then it is a matter of balancing out the damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

what this guy said

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Been suggesting since the patch that every class get at least some ready access to resistance.

Keep hearing people complain about conditions & on my warrior they are basically a non issue.

Why ? Between the cleanse on shout use & the 6 second resist on a 20 second (16 when traited) cool down they are much less of a threat so long as I play intelligently & time my cleanses/signet use right.

So I feel everyone should get some access to the boon.

After that then Anet can look at how powerful conditions are in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Been suggesting since the patch that every class get at least some ready access to resistance.

Keep hearing people complain about conditions & on my warrior they are basically a non issue.

Why ? Between the cleanse on shout use & the 6 second resist on a 20 second (16 when traited) cool down they are much less of a threat so long as I play intelligently & time my cleanses/signet use right.

So I feel everyone should get some access to the boon.

After that then Anet can look at how powerful conditions are in PvP.

Adjusted the topic title to be more clear.

The main part of the suggestion – maybe this was yours as well – is to provide less full negate, but more partial reduction to conditions through resistance.

This way we reduce the chances of a spec fully negating a condi build, but provide a more general survivability against condition specs with more access to resistance across the board (as you no longer need to worry that doing so would kill condi builds).

in PvP

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

No. I’d agree to this maybe if they removed weakness from the game, but at the moment power builds have nothing that shuts down condi damage like weakness shuts down zerker damage. Resistance is awesome and should remain as is. The fact that it allows getting out of hard ccs is just a bonus.

Thing is, at the moment there are very few skills in the game that grant resistance. If I’m not mistaken, one is healing signet which is a 1.25 sec cast time AKA interruptable, and it also has a huge trade-off in casting it in that warriors lose their passive heal.

The other source of resistance at the moment is a trait for mesmer glamours granting it. That one has a bit less counterplay, but it’s a short resistance duration and it requires the use of a trait.

Rantev [Warrior]