[Suggestion] Slick shoes

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think there was already plenty said about how strong slick shoes are so here is suggestion: let each puddle left by engi have 1 charge. Upon activation (someone steps on it) it knocks down enemy but also disappears consuming the charge.

Flame on!

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Personally I don’t think this is necessairy. I kinda like fighting against slick shoes, it is like a minigame of tag. If can kite the engi I win, since the skill didn’t anything, If I screw up and get myself boxed I take some extra damage since I can’t move. This is just my personal experience with slick shoes and maybe there is some play I either missed or simply forgot.

EverythingOP

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Herald and Reapers are also super OP strong, why Anet don’t do anything about that?

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Herald and Reapers are also super OP strong, why Anet don’t do anything about that?

Make a suggestion thread.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

And dh is a complete braindead passive kitten. Why Anet dont do anything about that?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Tempest is a broken kitten .Why Anet don’t do anything about that?

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I always wondered why slick shoes was not like this.
The skill itself is not imbalanced.
The issue is when the engi runs a circle around your body. You cannot move or dodge out of the knockdown. That is the main issue. Probably the only issue with the skill.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: andyhens.4172

andyhens.4172

Slick shoes is either incredibly poorly thought out, or not working as intended. It is obviously dumb that slick is able to penetrate blocks, and take effect if your target isn’t even moving.

Change that, and it doesn’t break the skill. Just means people have to understand that not moving while the engi is prancing around them is going to help.

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

And dh is a complete braindead passive kitten. Why Anet dont do anything about that?

What are you talking about? DH dont have any passives at all. Compared to scrapper passives (1000hp regen and similar) DH is just small fish.
DH is actually about actives, you use them all and you die due to big CD’s. I only lost to DH in the start when I was just engie scrub. Now I can’t lose to a DH anymore.

Best counter to slick shoes is not to move. Stand in place for 2, 3 sekittenil it wears off.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

What are you talking about? DH dont have any passives at all. Compared to scrapper passives (1000hp regen and similar) DH is just small fish.
DH is actually about actives, you use them all and you die due to big CD’s. I only lost to DH in the start when I was just engie scrub. Now I can’t lose to a DH anymore.

Best counter to slick shoes is not to move. Stand in place for 2, 3 sekittenil it wears off.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Determination
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Light

Stunbreak that also daze for kitten know what reason and passive knockback on 10cd with free stab? Hmm.. Thats some active gameplay there dude…

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Om Im.7863

Om Im.7863

Personally, I don`t like this skill when I use my engi, kinda despise having to deal with it. It takes some setting up and positioning to actually encircle your target into a “caged” lock or to deny passage in a choke point. So I think the effect is fine as it is.

What isn`t fine is how it reacts to hitboxes quite commonly. I vaguely remember from back in the day, that the oldschool counter play to this skill was STANDING STILL. Don`t know if arenanet bugged it along the way or it was initially never discovered, BUT even if you slick shoes a enemy standing still, sometimes the hitbox decides to trigger a KD; sometimes it doesn`t. Even worse, if you break stun out of an initial KD, you are most likely to get KD-ed again even if standing still.

The skill should have the exact same counter play as any other “line-style” ground targeted aoe cc in the game (Line of Warding, Unsteady Ground). If it`s cast on top of you while you are standing still, you don`t take the cc. Fear Wall doesn`t work like this because the nature of its cc, to move foes away rather then prevent crossing. NOTE that all other ground targeted aoe cc-s (the encirclement area ones) behave in a different way because they are designed to be instant “cages” upon casting (e.g. Ring of Warding, Hunter`s Ward, Static Field).

The cool-down of the skill is an ample discussions strictly related to overall pvp balance between classes. Since the introduction of HOT power-creep, even now after nerfs to “bunker” amulets and specs, some 1v1-s and team match-ups, in general, tend to last a lot longer than before. So it seems that Oil slick is used more often.

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

SS really does need to be fixed to not kd anyone standing still. It’s too punshing of a skill otherwise for all the other benefits it gives (like the profession’s best stunbreak on toolbelt).

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Stunbreak that also daze for kitten know what reason and passive knockback on 10cd with free stab? Hmm.. Thats some active gameplay there dude…

I’ll just say one thing, you are just one funny dude… l2p.

[Suggestion] Slick shoes

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

I’ll just say one thing, you are just one funny dude… l2p.

Oh.. going down to personal attacks due to lack of arguments? Dont worry, i eat passive ez mode dh on breakfast but if you have issues beating reaper 1v1 as dh then probably you are the one who needs to l2p. Have a nice day