[Suggestion] Spectator Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Clay.7254

Clay.7254

I watched Go4Gw2 Stream today – was my first time watching a competitive PvP Tournament Stream (though i play since BWE1).

While i watched it i noticed that someone who’s new to PvP wouldn’t really understand what’s happening due to:

- Small Health Bars when spectating on a fixed point of view (these eyes on the minimap)

- While Fight not seeing how much health each player lost (again on fixed pov) and maybe too much numbers here and there when spectating as player point of view

- Position of Foes behind or near on player point of View (especially for fast-paced professions like mesmer or thief)

Here are my Suggestions:

- Change Heal/Damage-numbers (for example 2000 damage) to 50% transparent percentage numbers (for example 10% of full life) as player point of view and add the Heal/Damage-numbers (percentage, as mentioned) to fixed point of view (above the player)

- Profession-Icons of Foes that are near/behind you (you may know that icon from mario kart when a shell is tracking you)

- I may exaggerate on this one, but maybe Condition- and (maybe if it’s not too much) Skill-Icons that are 50% transparent above the Caster or Foe (blue or red hinted according if applied/casted).

What do you think? Feel free to improve/criticize my suggestions.
Do you think spectating as it is fine?

I’m sorry for my bad english!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Items that’s been said before, and what spectators need.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Minor-TPvP-Changes-I-d-Like-To-See/first#post4705019

From the above link

-The minimap clutter is too much.
Reds are stacked under blue… Blues are stacked under red… you can never tell if it’s a 1v1 or 1v2 happening. Mesmer clones are also visible for no reason.

-Turn the minimap’s Red and Blue icons as Health Bars.
In tournaments they show the entire map to the viewers. For the spectators, we don’t see anything other than the rotations of people. It can be extra exciting if we see a thief roaming towards a very low Blue/Red icon.
Have a constant solid outline of red or blue around these icons, with a lighter hue filling that icons color.
1% health means that icon’s completely see through with the exception of that icon’s outlined.

-Target yourself option.
There are many instances when downed, that I wish I could Target myself to better notify my team. Perhaps a “Target Yourself” or “Self Target” as a key bind in Options.

Several other UI revisions may be needed, but I feel these are the most important ones.

You’re exactly on point OP. If there’s a PvP List of items to add, I hope these are added as well. Even if it takes forever to get implemented, it’s at least acknowledged by the Devs and on their to-do list… eventually.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Clay.7254

Items that’s been said before, and what spectators need.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Minor-TPvP-Changes-I-d-Like-To-See/first#post4705019

From the above link

-The minimap clutter is too much.
Reds are stacked under blue… Blues are stacked under red… you can never tell if it’s a 1v1 or 1v2 happening. Mesmer clones are also visible for no reason.

-Turn the minimap’s Red and Blue icons as Health Bars.
In tournaments they show the entire map to the viewers. For the spectators, we don’t see anything other than the rotations of people. It can be extra exciting if we see a thief roaming towards a very low Blue/Red icon.
Have a constant solid outline of red or blue around these icons, with a lighter hue filling that icons color.
1% health means that icon’s completely see through with the exception of that icon’s outlined.

-Target yourself option.
There are many instances when downed, that I wish I could Target myself to better notify my team. Perhaps a “Target Yourself” or “Self Target” as a key bind in Options.

Several other UI revisions may be needed, but I feel these are the most important ones.

You’re exactly on point OP. If there’s a PvP List of items to add, I hope these are added as well. Even if it takes forever to get implemented, it’s at least acknowledged by the Devs and on their to-do list… eventually.

Oh, i didn’t knew! But to be honest i would be surprised if nobody mentioned it before and made a thread. Thank you for posting, these changes from this topic are indeed good improvements for the minimap.

Here i did some examples (poor paint skills) if someone didn’t understood me.

EDIT: The Health-Bar is actually for fixed point of view, not for player point of view

Attachments:

(edited by Clay.7254)

in PvP

Clay.7254

By the way, the new Camera-Options are very smooth cool, good job Anet!

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

We agree. The spectator camera changes Branden just put in was just one small item on the list of things we’d like to do for spectator mode at some point. There has been some great discussion on the forums in the past regarding spectator mode improvements/readability, and we agree with much of what is said.

We haven’t talked about our new mode in-depth yet (no spoilers, sorry), but making it a friendlier viewer experience is something we think about constantly when making design decisions – right up there with making it fun, approachable, and intuitive.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

We agree. The spectator camera changes Branden just put in was just one small item on the list of things we’d like to do for spectator mode at some point. There has been some great discussion on the forums in the past regarding spectator mode improvements/readability, and we agree with much of what is said.

We haven’t talked about our new mode in-depth yet (no spoilers, sorry), but making it a friendlier viewer experience is something we think about constantly when making design decisions – right up there with making it fun, approachable, and intuitive.

These changes were awesome! Were they announced in the release notes? Because I couldn’t find them anywhere, even though they were the greatest changes in this patch. I watched the Go4GW2 finals, and it felt really immersive and rather epic.

In fact, the spectator mode is so advanced that it’s really a shame you can only use it in practice or to watch tournaments on twitch. I’m not sure this is technically possible, but a friend had an amazing idea: what if some important matches (the monthly Go4GW2 or WTS finals for example) were saved in game, so that anyone could spectate the match as if they were in it? It would be even cooler if the shoutcasting was added as well. A more advanced feature would be to be able to record our own games and replay them in spectator mode afterwards. So many possibilities!

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

We also need something like:

- Team choices at the start of a match are locked until the start of the next match. Including Spectator Mode.

- If a player enters spectator mode during a match, they must remain in spectator mode for 120 seconds, or until the next match, or they re-enter the server.

- Spectator mode now offers a “substitute” button for teams with lower members than their opposition, allowing them to fill a team spot from spectator mode only, and grants a small bonus.

- Volunteering and Autobalance are now the only way for players to change teams after the match has begun.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m not sure I like the new “slow pan” to the next view target though. :P It’s definitely more cinematic, but I’d rather hop viewpoints and see what’s going on immediately rather than waiting a few seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Would be amazing to have ingame option to watch saved on server games of top teams, like it was in GW1.