[Suggestion] Way to disable chat

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I mean flat out disable it.

No text boxes, no chat window.

Sometimes i want to play PvP, but there are so many players nowadays running around with a head full of salt, it’s just cancerous.

Give me an option to disable chat on a toggle so i can go into PvP without worrying about being thrown abuse left right and center, i want to play a game, not deal with children or adults who needed better parenting in their life.

Yes, i could use the block function, but I’d rather have the ability to just prevent any abuse from being thrown to begin with.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: Puppet.8139

Puppet.8139

You can do this in your chat bar options…..Just make a tab that only displays Guild chat and you are done. Then go into your settings and disable text boxes above players heads. Nothing new here. GL

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

You realize you’re supposed to use the chat to communicate with your team, right? You’re supposed to communicate enemy numbers and positions, and status of fights, etc. Even if you don’t type your teammates might and you need to be aware of it. In short: you are not supposed to ignore the chat.

If you actually played like a team player instead of some anti-social misanthrope you might actually improve your game play as well as the game experience.

It kills me how many people just straight up avoid using Chat and how many more think that using it is equivalent to rage or whining.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also if you want to hide the box press the defaut “\” button. This makes the box transparent. Also as puppet said, just leave guild chat up. But if you don’t want that up either, stop representing a guild or create your own guild with just you in it and leav guild chat up.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

You can do this in your chat bar options…..Just make a tab that only displays Guild chat and you are done. Then go into your settings and disable text boxes above players heads. Nothing new here. GL

This is some good advice, which I have also applied to myself. Although doing so, one unfortunately occasionally misses whispers from friends (my friends know how to message me, though). I wish they’d add a new channel “friends”, to be included into that very tab.

It is a bit unfortunate that one also misses possible game information in the process. However, what is more disappointing is the inability of most players to understand the concept of feedback loop:

• insult someone → others think insulting is normal → more insulting.
  • insult someone → some people grieve and deactivate chat or start playing foolishly → more frustration for all → more insulting.

Oh well.

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

ITT: People who have no idea how to personalize chat options to only show whispers, guild, combat log or whatever the kitten they wanna see.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

You realize you’re supposed to use the chat to communicate with your team, right? You’re supposed to communicate enemy numbers and positions, and status of fights, etc. Even if you don’t type your teammates might and you need to be aware of it. In short: you are not supposed to ignore the chat.

If you actually played like a team player instead of some anti-social misanthrope you might actually improve your game play as well as the game experience.

It kills me how many people just straight up avoid using Chat and how many more think that using it is equivalent to rage or whining.

I communicate with players just fine thanks, i call out when and where the other team is heading, i ping on the map for an uncontested point or to signify that an enemy player is running there.

But when I’m playing hotjoin? I couldn’t give a kitten about winning, I want to enjoy the game and play for fun. I don’t want to see abuse thrown all over the place because some people can’t handle losing in a video game. The abuse i receive is from either killing someone or not stopping to revive someone being cleaved by 3+ players, I’m not kittened, I know the limits of my class, I’m not going to hand a free kill to the enemy team because some moron thinks I’ll be able to revive him against the DPS going against him, so stop getting off by assuming i have no idea how to play, sometimes i merely want to have a relaxed gaming session and play in Hotjoin servers and not have to deal with players who, correct me if I’m mistaken, have an attitude like yours.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)