Suggestion to make PVP more Noob - Friendly

in PvP

Posted by: bubby.5798

bubby.5798

I feel something that can benefit in lowering the learning curve is adding a death timer to the scoreboard showing when enemy players will respawn. Technically someone could just watch the text on the bottom left hand corner of the screen when it shows when someone dies anyways and time that, so I think this would be useful.

Just a suggestion.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

This is an old suggestion and i think it would be an improvement, especially considering an unorganized environment without Ts.

Basically anet should rework the kills spam chat above the mini map, is the same since release and it’s very bad.

It could be really more useful with useful infos.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

What I absolutely would love is a
“Player” stomped “Player”
Notification.

I would know when a player respawns and further judge where he’ll go based on where he’s not.

Almost every game has it. I don’t understand why gw2 doesn’t. It just boggles mind.

I understand they’re trying to emphasize a team game but the majority of players do not have that elitist “Call your stomps” mentality. Nor are people going to type that every time…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

TBH if people cant roughly estimate 15 seconds then a timer isnt going to help anyways….

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

TBH if people cant roughly estimate 15 seconds then a timer isnt going to help anyways….

My partner downs a person at home and i’m over here still battling it out at far… it will be VERY nice to know that a potential respawn will show up in that 15-20s time frame.

How can I possibly know anyone gets stomped out on a map without looking at the top of my monitor and staring at the scoreboard?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Ash ketchum.2051

Ash ketchum.2051

Im sorry, but do you even play the game?
At the right corner just above your map there is all the info you need..
Have some map awareness to see if someone is down. Look just above it to see who’s on respawn..

And adding respawn timers to see when respawn happens is just stupid. Why not add skill recharges of other Players…

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

It would also be helpful if small numbers appeared above nodes on the mini map to represent how many reds and how many blues were on the points. This would help solo ques keep up with 5 man premade TS communication, concerning team rotations.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Im sorry, but do you even play the game?
At the right corner just above your map there is all the info you need..
Have some map awareness to see if someone is down. Look just above it to see who’s on respawn..

And adding respawn timers to see when respawn happens is just stupid. Why not add skill recharges of other Players…

I agree the tools are pretty much there already. Could they make it easier I guess they could but its far from necessary.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Removing the scoreboard and telling new players that more than 1 person capping the same node is useless would be nice too.

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

What I absolutely would love is a
“Player” stomped “Player”
Notification.

I would know when a player respawns and further judge where he’ll go based on where he’s not.

Almost every game has it. I don’t understand why gw2 doesn’t. It just boggles mind.

You have that above your map. It shows when someone dies, it will show if he gets stomped, if so, by who and if he bled out or died from falling damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUQ6QYvAxQI
you can watch a guide by Denied here on soloq, he covers (aside from all the other stuff I see 99% of people in soloq not doing) the list thing that I’m talking about.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)